comparing 1 turn debuff abilities. which is correct?

Salacious_Slug
255 posts Member
edited July 2016
Since @CG_Kozispoon is on the ball with bug testing, I have one for you to test. Hk47's meatbag mayhem says "deals physical damage with the chance to apply blah blah blah for one turn." When using this ability it will apply a debuff on a character with 75% turn meter. So speed down on dooku who has 75% turn meter. The very next action dooku fills his turn meter, attacks, and the debuff is cleared. A majority of the time the enemy clears the debuff before my team attacks. Should it state "the remainder of the turn"? Or should it persist for one full turn?
Post edited by Salacious_Slug on

Replies

• Options
    Cue my theme song. "Tears of clone".
  • Xiztenz
    12 posts Member
    Options
    I also want to know
  • Options
    It seems like a lot of other uniques have a full turn duration. I'm going to check out the other Droids debuts and see how long they persist.
  • Options
    ok guys. I did some testing in GW. this may be a lengthy post.
    I ran a team of JE hk47 ig88 ig86 and Lumi.
    before i list the results i will list the description of the abilities from the attacks i used.
    HK47's meatbag mayhem
    chance to apply random debuffs for 1 turn
    ig88's rapid fire
    attack that has a chance to apply ability block for 1 turn
    lumi's force blast
    attack that has a chance to apply ability block for 1 turn
    JE's thermal detonator
    thermal detonator that explodes after 1 turn.

now the results.

Hk's MBM first. applied ability block and offense down on talia at 1/3 TM fill. once she gained the remaining TM she makes her attack. The debuffs are cleared after her first attack. so cleared after the remainder of TM is filled and attack is made.

ig88's rapid fire AOE applied ability block to ahsoka at 1/4 Tm fill. Ability block persisted through the remainder of the partial TM fill, and was cleared after the first FULL TM fill and after the second attack.

Lumi special force blast landed ability block on enemy lumi at 1/2 TM. cleared after partial TM filled and lumi made her first attack.

JE landed his thermal detonator on 5's. persisted through partial TM and through first FULL TM gain, but exploded before his attack.

So. 4 attacks that all have a duration of 1 turn.

MBM and Force Blast only persisted until the partial TM filled to max and the enemy attacked.

Rapid fire persisted past the partial TM fill, and through the first full TM fill and second enemy attack.

Thermal detonator persisted past partial TM fill and through the first full TM fill, but exploded BEFORE the enemy attack.

Now which action is accurate to the ability description of 1 turn? the 2 attacks that persisted through the enemy's first FULL turn?
    the attack that persisted through the remainder of the enemy's partial turn?
    or the attack that persisted through the enemy's first full turn, but is cleared before the enemys second attack?

for the TLDR crowd. 4 attacks that have a 1 turn duration, but 3 different results. @CG_Kozispoon could you please clarify the results?
  • Options
    No comment. Hmh.
  • Options
    Message recieved. I'll stop wasting my time.