A warning for those using Anakin against ST Han

Prev1
Now that Anakin can make arena teams, I just thought I'd share something. If you inflict Buff Immunity on Han and then he taunts, attacking him still gives his team TM even though there is no taunt.

Replies

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Lol definitely a glitch but at least he can't taunt which is the main purpose. Thanks for the info we should probably tag @CG_Conduit23 he is the man in charge of toons lol
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I thought I saw that happening, but wasn't sure.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Screen shots showing TM gain when being attacked for buff immunity inflicted ST Han that tried to taunt. I will try to get video.

@CG_Dan

KcwIowg.jpg

UXKE73U.jpg
  • Options
    Huh, that's wierd. It must be with Ani as I use B2 and when his buff immunity sticks the TM never registers.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea it's been happening for a while since I started using B2
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    debuffing sthan is the reason i bought b2, please fix
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think TM gain counts as a buff, toons that I have cast buff immunity on still gain TM from OB lead skill and Phasma VM. So if gaining TM isn't a buff then giving it to your allies certainty isn't.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I don't think TM gain counts as a buff, toons that I have cast buff immunity on still gain TM from OB lead skill and Phasma VM. So if gaining TM isn't a buff then giving it to your allies certainty isn't.

The TM gain for allies is part of STH taunt. IMO if he is not taunting then allies should not gain TM when he is damaged.
  • MiTRAP
    71 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The description of lvl 8 Draw Fire is like this "Han Taunts for 3 turns, and all other allies gain 30% Turn Meter. In addition, all other allies gain 20% Turn Meter when Han is damaged."
    IMHO:
    - Even with buff immune, han still can use draw fire. Buff immune only prohibit toons from getting buff, not limit them from using special.
    - In the desription, tm bonus isnt related to han's condition. Either han is taunting or not, han still may give tm bonus to ally when he is damaged.
    So, i think it is working as intended.
    His tm bonus is like the old tactical genius, a hidden buff that can bypass buff immune.
  • Gungnir75
    718 posts Member
    Options
    I save him for last anyway so it's all good
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If that were the case, then qgj HB would do the same thing. Afaik, HB removes the tm proc.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    If that were the case, then qgj HB would do the same thing. Afaik, HB removes the tm proc.

This. so either buff immunity is broke or dispel is broke. I think it is buff immunity.

To clarify I and I believe OP are not taking about the TM gain for using ability, it is the TM gain when Han is damaged.
  • Options
    MiTRAP wrote: »
    The description of lvl 8 Draw Fire is like this "Han Taunts for 3 turns, and all other allies gain 30% Turn Meter. In addition, all other allies gain 20% Turn Meter when Han is damaged."
    IMHO:
    - Even with buff immune, han still can use draw fire. Buff immune only prohibit toons from getting buff, not limit them from using special.
    - In the desription, tm bonus isnt related to han's condition. Either han is taunting or not, han still may give tm bonus to ally.
    So, i think it is working as intended.

If this were the case, then his TM-granting effect would not be removed when his taunt is dispelled, but it is.
    CG seems to have taken a stance against invisible buffs (obviously not counting leader/unique skills) by giving a generic icon to character-specific buffs, such as AA's Tactical Genius. If Han's TM gain is a separate buff that for some reason is intended to ignore buff immunity, it should show up as one and probably should also be stated clearly in the skill description.
  • MiTRAP
    71 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If this were the case, then his TM-granting effect would not be removed when his taunt is dispelled, but it is.
    CG seems to have taken a stance against invisible buffs (obviously not counting leader/unique skills) by giving a generic icon to character-specific buffs, such as AA's Tactical Genius. If Han's TM gain is a separate buff that for some reason is intended to ignore buff immunity, it should show up as one and probably should also be stated clearly in the skill description.
    How did you dispell the taunt? If u are using qgj humbling blow or windu smite, it clearly state that it will remove all positive status effects. Thus will remove invisible buff too (i still assume that tm bonus when han is damaged is an invisible buff)
  • growlkin
    74 posts Member
    Options
    If it's an invisible buff then buff immunity should still prevent it.
  • MiTRAP
    71 posts Member
    Options

growlkin wrote: »
    If it's an invisible buff then buff immunity should still prevent it.

Which means all other unique invisible buff, such as: snip's daring padawan, should havent been able to bypass buff immune.
  • Options
    Doesn't STHan have another ability besides the one with the taunt that grants TM?
  • Options
    Nvm I was wrong about that.
  • Options
    But granting tm to his other allies isn't a buff or a personal positive effect on himself.

So it's working fine.
  • growlkin
    74 posts Member
    Options
    If the ability to grant extra tm when hit is not tied to the taunt then there needs to be some visual clue that it is active. Snips daring padawan does not get stripped by gqj. It is not equivalent.
  • Options
    Snips?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    C00L_Story wrote: »
    But granting tm to his other allies isn't a buff or a personal positive effect on himself.

So it's working fine.

The initial 30% TM boost for all allies is fine. But how can han grant tm to allies whenever he takes damage for 3 consecutive turns after the special is used and that NOT be considered a buff on Han? But the 3 turn taunt IS a buff? I don't think it impossible that this is what devs intended. But it sure seems strange.
  • Options
    Because if you pull up a list of buffs in the game only certain things qualify as buffs.
  • growlkin
    74 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @C00L_Story snips = asoka
  • MiTRAP
    71 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    growlkin wrote: »
    If the ability to grant extra tm when hit is not tied to the taunt then there needs to be some visual clue that it is active. Snips daring padawan does not get stripped by gqj. It is not equivalent.

Thats what i want to say. Its not about sthan draw fire, snips daring padawan, gg unavoidable attack (we dont know it is a buff or not), or dooku counter (u know we get a buff called retribution, but dooku doesnt have retribution icon). The real issue is that devs doesnt treat buff (either it is invisible or not) with consistent treatment. And their action giving specific icon to AA tactical genius and Lumi healing has lead to another confusion.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    C00L_Story wrote: »
    Because if you pull up a list of buffs in the game only certain things qualify as buffs.
    ... but HB removes this, along with the taunt. Why HB so special? You saying HB removes things that aren't even positive status effects? And it is a secret bonus of HB?

• Options
    They should get tm when he uses the taunt skill while under buff immunity and none afterwards!
    If you dispell him after he taunts, teammates do not gain tm anymore either, so why should this?
  • MiTRAP
    71 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    To summarize, it may be intended (coz im still assuming that tm bonus is an invisible buff) or unintended (with many reasons posted above).
    My personal thought is the issue happened as devs doesnt treat buff (either it is invisible or not) with consistent treatment.
    My simple suggestion for devs regarding to this is it would be better if draw fire description was changed a bit, something like: ".... In addition, all other allies gain "New Buff with Specific Icons" for 3 turns, giving them 20% turn meter when Han is damaged."
    @CG_Conduit23 @EA_Jesse hope you read this

• Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    Options
    The main issue here is the dumb AI that attempts to taunt when afflicted by buff immunity!
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Then B2 or Anakin buff immunity doesnt make sense. It should prevent ANY buffs after buff immunity is applied even hidden buffs should not work then.
    I say its broken currently.