Which Jedi

So, looking for some help so I don't keep wasting some time and resources too much on characters... I'm primarily running a Jedi team for PVP/GW and doing pretty well. I'm sure it's terrible defense, oh well. But, I wanted opinions on characters to use with the team...

QGJ 2* Gear 6 (L) Definitely not getting any stars anytime soon as I bought 1 8x pack and got lucky
Obi 4* Gear 6 same ****, got lucky on same pack
Kit Fisto 3* Gear 6 Pulled from bronze
Lum 4* Gear 6
JC 4* Gear 7

This is the team I run and it does pretty well... But I got another character yesterday which was Aayla Secura... She seems good, just not sure who to replace on my team or just keep the team for now. I also have Ashoka. Would these 2 benefit my team or replace anyone?

I know QGJ is freaking 2* it sucks... he's squish as all can be... But, his leadership ability (4) is awesome! Only reason I have him.

Any thoughts? IK IK Jedi teams are stupid with all the rage about OP dark characters but, meh. I beat them everytime. Sid gives me grief and makes me want to suicide sometimes with 17 dodges in a row once but it didn't matter I still won lol...
☮ Consular ☮

Replies

• TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    How many stars is Aayla? She is a better version of Ashoka.
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    3* I believe, whatever it is when you unlock her. Also, forgot to mention, I'm only level 50.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Bump!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    http://imgur.com/dRmS0mX

I've been running a Jedi team from level 20+, since the time I found Ima Gun Di in a Bronze pack. I'm level 58 and throughout the levels I have had the chance to alter my line up with most of the Jedi characters (I'm sad to say Mace Windu included).

Currently I am running with:
    QGJ 6* Gear 7 (Leader for Arena)
    Lumi 7* Gear 7 (Leader for GW)
    Kit 6* Gear 6
    Aayla 5* Gear 6
    Ahsoka 5* Gear 7

The Jedis that have fallen out of favour over time have been:

Ima Gun (Great leader but at 5* couldnt carry me far enough past 50+ better than QGJ/Lumi)
    JC (Great but Lumi as healer was enough and too squishy)
    Anakin (Nice offence up but reliant on kills = not very reliable)
    Mace Windu (EA/CG Please fix this... I DARE you, I double DARE you Mother*****rs!!)
    Plo-Koon (Didnt really do much except that for one time he unstealthed Leia. Needed more damage for my team so... buh-bye!)

I have Old Ben and Bariss (both fresh out of the box at 4*) too but at my level its getting very resource heavy to train characters so they're shelved for now. (And honestly my wallet took too much of a punch leveling QGJ and Kit... Not touching Chromiums until the next millennium... Falcon - got in my obligatory cheesy joke, yay!)

The team does good but with the current meta and top tier players running 7* Sid its not overly OP. (Which is fair as it stops this game from being overly P2W) I can do very well against higher level teams but I really have to think hard about every move.

At lower ability levels there isnt really much of a synergy going on until you have Aayla's Superior reposte + Inspiring strike, Kit's Lightsaber mastery + Superior blade-work and QGJ's Harmonious assault + Humbling Blow, all at level 4-5ish. Before then you survive well but for damage its pretty much rely on Lumi's Force Blast and hope that you get crits. Once you get those abilities past level 4 though you will start to see some good synergy with very nice countering and extra attacks out of turn. (The +75% bonus damage from assist attacks QGJ brings in at level 5 is where the damage really comes from - add that to Aayla following up on him and then triggering Kit to attack twice = Yowza!)

All in all - solid team but not devastatingly powerful. Extra attacks really is your main strategy but it only becomes viable with higher level abilities. The Jedi's that are staple for this would be QGJ, Aayla, Kit and Ima-Gun (Only If you have him as leader. He would be a better leader than QGJ if you have him at a higher rank, but also keep QGJ in your team) (Unlike First Order teams... Ever seen your Phasma, FOST and FOTP hit Dooku 7 times after Victory March? I have - Much satisfaction. Take that Saruman!)

In terms of Aayla herself, I wouldn't really go as far as to say that she is a better version of Ahsoka. On paper she sounds better but in action they're almost on par from my experience. Aayla has more reliable survivability and good synergy but Ahsoka has the chance to heal per hit and has always hit much much harder for me. For me its usually Ahsoka who cleans up after Kit and Aayla have countered. There's also the added bonus that you can farm Ahsoka so realistically she might be the better choice if you need more damage for now. But if you have Ima-Gun Di and are willing to use him as leader over QGJ - go with Aayla immediately.

That's all the input I can give you at this stage as a fellow Jedi team user. I hope its helpful.

Live long and-... Oh wait, I mean - May the Force be with you.
    Post edited by Atwell on
  • Options
    Thnx for your advice, only have a strong dark side and didn't know which Jedi to level as a leader, QGJ I will try now :)
  • Options
    Hm I just realized I got lucky once and got him as a ** .... I guess this will not be enough against other lvl 60 people? :/
  • Options
    How did you get him to 6* ? Bought how many packs?
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I've seen 2* QGJs in the arena at my level before so I guess it's possible? That being said 2* QGJ is very paper thin and can be taken out with Lumi's Force Blast in almost 1 hit. It's a big risk and I wouldnt really recommend him at 2* above level 50. Some might say lower. If you really, really want to have him in your team I suggest Ahsoka or Lumi as leader to give him some more survivability. Other than that have Lumi and JC spam heals.

Lumi and Ima-Gun Di are also great leader choices. (Bonus - Lumi is real easy to farm) Bariss and Ahsoka are good but not great. The others are really situational.

I have opened quite a few packs but Ive found QGJ to be the most common Chromium Exclusive Jedi (Others being Kit, Aayla and Old Ben)