Genuine Idea for all "unused" Gear

So I've just finished a HUGE slog of gearing up toons with several needing several pieces which each need 50 pieces of salvage gear. - I am about to start another slog as I stare at needed Cuffs, Detonators, Guns and Sensors...

I have come up with a not so unique solution - plenty of other games do something similar so here is my idea.

Crafting - Fusing - Trading Up | Many of us have 100s of unused pieces of gear we can no longer sell for Credits. I for one have about 400 mk4 Stun guns and 400 mk Droid Callers, both are almost entirely useless to me in progress through the game, especially as I get several more per week through challenges. - Let me start by saying Player2Player Trading will probably not happen as it allows for duplicate farming accounts and players being duped into trading great gear for peanuts.

iu7G4nI.jpg

In my pretty picture above you can see that my idea makes it possible to craft need gear which is the mk above it's predecessor. This will cost a certain amount of credits (I have chosen x) and place the "Chamber" on a timer until the new piece is ready (x amount of time). EA/CG want to make money so you can of course speed up or complete the chamber for Crystals like you can with refreshes.

My idea needs work and more thought no doubt but wouldn't it be great to turn those 400 mk droid callers you have sat there doing nothing into 40 mk5 salvage pieces? I for one would be happy turning my 400 mk stun guns into 80 mk5 stun gun salvages, I will only need another 620 pieces to complete the guns for all my active toons (yay).

It is something little for us and a way that EA/CG can get more money out of us that are impatient.

- - -

I welcome thoughts and feedback.

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    In most games, I detest crafting as it is my least favorite thing to do in games. Yet, in this game I have actually asked for it. I like the details you have added here and would like seeing this implemented.
  • Options
    yes they need this in place, will they ever do it... no... You ask why? Because they can sell all the gear you need at the low price of $10 to $20... I totally agree with the above but it will never happen sadly...
  • Options
    Nice idea
  • Erik_Aphax
    104 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think both (random gear at store and a crafting system as OP proposes) can coexist as long as the cost of credits, time and crystals is appropriate.
  • Pleblo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    +1 this will really help those guilds still sitting on doing T5 raids also.