Farming and progression help

KRL2811
13 posts Member
Ok im lvl 59 and i was wondering what would be best course of action from now on.
I farm GS from cantina and QGJ. Luminara from Galactic war store, and Leia from Arena store. Also Rey with guild coins
I would like to know is it better to get a toon to 7* first or spread farming that they are more closely matched. Like do I go for a 7* (curently 5*) Luminara or i get phasma and ig-86 on 5* first.
Also I dont see very much Chewies and Talias so should I continue farming them(both 4* g7) and with what should I replace them with. I know that they arent best for arena but my goal is decent and relatively easy farmable dark and light squad
Finished light and dark lvl 5 normal misions
Thanks for any sugestions

Replies

• ogFail
    76 posts Member
    Options
    7* the 5 ur gonna use in arena first that way u can compete and get more crystals and arena coins. Gear, level and ability them first. Once u Max them then start working on others. Get Teebo to help u place higher in raids which leads to more guild coins. As ur working on ur main 5, U'll pick up extra gear for others as u go n they will still b coming up. Don't spread urself thin and get left behind. That's how I've approached it anyways after I started n had no direction.
  • Options
    KRL2811 wrote: »
    Ok im lvl 59 and i was wondering what would be best course of action from now on.
    I farm GS from cantina and QGJ. Luminara from Galactic war store, and Leia from Arena store. Also Rey with guild coins
    I would like to know is it better to get a toon to 7* first or spread farming that they are more closely matched. Like do I go for a 7* (curently 5*) Luminara or i get phasma and ig-86 on 5* first.
    Also I dont see very much Chewies and Talias so should I continue farming them(both 4* g7) and with what should I replace them with. I know that they arent best for arena but my goal is decent and relatively easy farmable dark and light squad
    Finished light and dark lvl 5 normal misions
    Thanks for any sugestions

Chewie is viable at max (star and actual level) if and only if you have him geared up enough. Don't really see him in the arena too much, as he is really just "good" for raids.

Talia... She is an interesting fish to say the least. OK here is the skinny in Talia. Dark side healers are worth their weight in gold. The ONLY other DS f2p healer is Old Daka. So it can be beneficial to continue on with Talia. Funny you mention her. I had not touched her since she was a 3*. I have a secret method to pulling full toons from bronzium. I started day 1 of the hard release. I have gotten a minimum of 50 full toons (as a conservative estimate) through bronzium these past 8 months. I have gotten so many full toons of Talia that I was able to 6* her. And she was 70 shards short of 7*. So, I am going to finish her off to 7* so I will have both another toon for raids, as well as having both f2p DS healers at 7*.

And you absolutely want it 7* your toons. When I was in your spot, back when 4* and 5* toons were usable, I used to farm all.my toons to 6*. The day I took Lumi to 6* and had every intention on stopping there... (actually only MINUTES later,) I pulled a full lumi from bronzium which gave me 35 shards towards her to be a 7*. So I continued to 7* her. She was my 1st 7*. I still don't have a 7* Sid. Sid isn't an end game toon. I passed him by way back then. I didn't see a use of continuing farming someone that I knew wasn't an end game toon. (In retrospect, I sure wish I had found this forum day 1. It could of saved me SO many mistakes.)

Anyway, it took me quite a while to go back and finish off everyone. I had to go back and finish off QGJ, Ventress, Daka, Teebo, and still havent finished my Snips or Sid. They are both still sitting at 6*.

While they may work for you now, eventually 4*,5*,and even 6* toons (not named Rey or RG ) will just be unusable. When you get to max level like I am... With protection and Health combined, my RG has 42,000 health. And he dies EVERY match. My Rey has a grand total of JUST OVER 19,000 total health.and protection, she is so very easy to take out. She is so easy to kill. That's why she does the damage she does. The right hit can take her down in 1 hit with a full protection bar. My GS does 14k damage on his assist move. He hits Rey for 14k, she has less than 5k total health remaining. If he calls my max QGJ, my Rey, or even my Anakin, she is toast. The ONLY way she doesn't die is if RG is pulled by the assist, OR if she dodges the attacks. Why did I say all that? Because it shows you just what you WILL eventually deal with, if you stick around that long.

So to make a long story short: you absolutely must finish getting your toons to 7*. First it will give you an advantage over those who didn't think it necessary to 7* their toons, or ask for that matter. And next, like I said, even if you really want them to, MOST toons won't be viable until 7* unless you have worlds of raid gear so you can totally max the gear out, and a FEW 5* toons could be used. I mean at 5* level 70 rey hits harder than 90% of the 7* level 80 toons I had/have. However the only toons I still ever see at 5* on my server are Rey, Anakin, GS, (attackers who can THROW DOWN MASSIVE DAMAGE in the right instance.) RG, and Old Ben (tanks that are still useful for different reasons,) Ben for the evasion and tm gains, and RG for his auto taunt. However with the Anakin rework, I guarantee RG will lose some of his glitter. Yesterday I beat down QGJ, Rey,GS, Dooku, and RG. I beat down everyone to just before RGs taunt procs, then with advantage (and offense up but that wasnt needed) I hit Anakins AOE, and EVERY body that was RG dropped dead in their tracks.
  • Options
    Read my postings.. LOL
  • KRL2811
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for replies. I will 7* toons one by one.
  • KRL2811
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Ok one more quick question. I have 7* GS so Im wondering what next. Most people suggest JC Lando Old ben.... but i would prefer ds character. My first idea was to at least 5* Talia but everybody say dont. Still havent decided but what would be good options? Just finished 4-c so was thinking about kylo ren. Is he any good? Need it mostly for Gw and ds battles.