Guild Bank Currency Sent to Guild Leaders ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Buzzed
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for the coins EA!

I'm sorry to those of you who didn't benefit from this but it definitely helps us small guild's out who aren't competing for the boards.

Saving up for raids took forever and at least now we have enough in the bank to go back to back and have fun.
    --- Imperial Outpost Alpha ---
  • Options
    So if I understand this correctly, this penalizes guilds that saved coins in order to get a jump on the leaderboard. Additionally, if a guild burned through 2 or 3 raids this morning, do they get another 100k to get a bigger lead on the leaderboard. I think this was a failed solution.
  • QGJesus
    93 posts Member
    Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    Why would they do this knowing that guilds save coins for the beginning of the month? Why not wait at least a couple days? I mean was TI low on coins or something? Or were there too many no name guilds at the top? Gotta do what's best for the corporate guilds right?

I bet they even gave them a heads up! That's the least they could have done for us before they implemented this "compensation"
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    So this is why Ti hasnt appeared on the boards yet.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    You think austin.... I KNOW! this is the lamest attempt made thus far for the incompetence and stupidity from EA/CG
  • Pandaladanda
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    first the guild hopping, then the exploit with "endless" raid rewards... both hardly got any punishment

and now every honest playing guild that saved coins in June for the July leaderboard gets punished for not completely using up their coins...

So far the only thing that really bothered me was that you guys don't really punish those who abused exploits, but now this? that´s just completely insane..
    Post edited by Pandaladanda on
  • Options
    I would be upset too if my guild, which had coin problems, ended up only getting <10k coins from this while some guilds which never had problems got >90k coins. But before getting too upset, maybe this was just a quick fix to get everyone raiding again immediately while they take additional time to send out fixes/compensation on an individual guild basis.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Woot. Thanks for the extra raid, good thing we decided to raid at the end of the month
  • Options
    I would be upset too if my guild, which had coin problems, ended up only getting <10k coins from this while some guilds which never had problems got >90k coins. But before getting too upset, maybe this was just a quick fix to get everyone raiding again immediately while they take additional time to send out fixes/compensation on an individual guild basis.

i highly doubt the above
  • Jaqenhgar
    164 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    So this is why Ti hasnt appeared on the boards yet.
    Yup. Busy busy!!!
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    Why would they do this knowing that guilds save coins for the beginning of the month? Why not wait at least a couple days? I mean was TI low on coins or something? Or were there too many no name guilds at the top? Gotta do what's best for the corporate guilds right?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50699/july-leaderboard/p1
  • Bearmace
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like CG may agree there is no benefit in the leaderboard and the most important factor is to maximize raids. Props to Mercs for learning this early.
  • Mystcjon
    76 posts Member
    Options
    this is amazing. people griping about free stuff. thank you EA.
  • Options

i highly doubt the above

I doubt it too, but it's possible. Really, I just wanted to get this idea out there so people can start collectively demanding it rather than simply venting their anger. No blanket compensation is going to fairly address this, when only some guilds were affected.
  • Options
    Mystcjon wrote: »

It aint free if we were already at 98k when the "patch" went live, think before you speak
  • Options
    Why couldn't the guild leaders all just get a box in the mail that once accepted grants 50k coins to your guild
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks! Very nice to do this!
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50699/july-leaderboard/p1

I learnt nothing but self restraint reading this and its comments.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    So our guild missed out on currency while broken, once fixed we sat on currency to do three heroic in a row and now miss out on this? Unreal
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is totall insane to provide guilds currency at the beginning of the month when some of them just did 3 raids!

This is only making things worse, I thought about renewing the 21 days crystal packs, but the last decisions from EA were really disappointing...

Moreover you manipulate the data in order to present us something receivable but you don't mind about fairness among players...
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Options
    At Fulcrum's Cell we decided the leaderboard was irrelevant to us. As a result we got a big boost today. Lots of happy people.

I do wish I had a dozen alt guilds though.....
  • TSiTaS
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    This is totall insane to provides guilds currency at the beginning of the month when some of them just did 3 raids!

This is only making things worse, I thought about renewing the 21 days crystal packs, but the last decisions from EA were really disappointing...

RNG is everywhere!
  • Options
    I would have loved to be part of the thought process to think this is a fair solution. Some guilds that weren't impacted get this benefit while some guilds that were get nothing?
  • Options
    I would have loved to be part of the thought process to think this is a fair solution. Some guilds that weren't impacted get this benefit while some guilds that were get nothing?

+100000 absolutely insane
  • Iwan
    336 posts Member
    Options
    {sarcasm}

Thnx for .... Nothing!

We were also so smart to save up for July.. Did a tier7 and leave it open 12 hours.. still above 100k
    and then announce this... great we did our saving/planning perfect!! NOT

Good to reward the other guild that didnt save/plan

{/sarcasm}
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    Samantha wrote: »
    At Fulcrum's Cell we decided the leaderboard was irrelevant to us. As a result we got a big boost today. Lots of happy people.

Let go of the leaderboard, and ascend! Good job guys!! Now get to work on Alt Guilds! $$$ we suggest about a dozen of them
  • Options
    I feel silly for not reading the forums before logging in. I cost my guild a free heroic raid. Brb, sudoku.
  • Options
    Thanks EA!!
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    Samantha wrote: »

Let go of the leaderboard, and ascend! Good job guys!! Now get to work on Alt Guilds! $$$ we suggest about a dozen of them

Lol
    {RotE}
  • QGJesus
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Mystcjon wrote: »

Have you read everyone's comments about why they are mad? Please read