Community Update - 7/1/2016 - Comments ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Also, it's not the back of a reg data card, it would have to be reversed for that. It's the innards of a data card. Or they're super sloppy.
  • PsychoticRage924
    313 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Baal wrote: »
    Also, it's not the back of a reg data card, it would have to be reversed for that. It's the innards of a data card. Or they're super sloppy.

Definitely the inside of one.
    Reversed from what's actually in game.
  • Options
    Baal wrote: »

Definitely the inside of one.
    Reversed from what's actually in game.

So yeah, could be the back.
  • Options
    I hope the developers of this game come to realize at some point, that when people pay money to play a game, they expect not to be treated like beta testers. This game changes and breaks itself more than any game I've ever played. Get your act together.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    Craftable data card? Gear data card? Hmmmmm

Definitely some kind of data care. To me that art suggests its something you craft.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    One can only hope it's as good as a deal as that one time power up package lol
  • Options
    Datacard + Equipment? Bronzium Datacard makeover maybe? :o
  • Options
    I'm very excited for the internal testing re: Geo Spy.

If we could also ask for/request some sort of internal testing involving thermal detonators and Zam? Because right now I think it's arguable that they're almost as bad as geo spy.
  • Options
    Ship gear? SHIP GEAR? Nah, probably something involving the shop.
  • Options
    Ship gear?
  • Gravytrain0815
    154 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have been thinking about what it might be...

First let's look at the facts. There are 6 Spots on the memory card, and 7 dots over each.

Now let's get into my prediction:

While this image appears to be a Data Card, I believe it is R2-D2's memory card.

Each spot will need to be filled in using new items that will be acquired in a new method (Maybe a new Raid), and each spot will be need to be filled 7 times (Based on the number of dots)

The memory card will be upgraded like gear levels. You will need all 6 pieces to get to the 2nd set (one step closer to completing the memory card). Each set that you complete will translate to 1 star as you progress towards unlocking a 7* R2-D2 (7 dots, 7 stars, to perfect to ignore)

These new pieces will be VERY difficult to get, almost like Raid Gear, but these things will be the exclusives for a new raid, and will scale in difficulty to acquire over the course of each Memory Card level.

Why I think it is R2-D2? We have already seen him featured in a EA video. Now they just have to add him to the game.

What do you guys think of this idea? Is it dumb? Is it amazing? I would love to hear your thoughts.
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    This thread was merged? Pretty sure that can be a separate and new topic. Now it's discussion will be lost in the mess of GW complaints. Cheers. I tried.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Twiztid8 wrote: »
    KelEl85 wrote: »
    I get that Jesse was going for mysterious and playful with the classic "I'll leave this here" bit. But does anyone else feel like it comes across more as "sorry we messed up all the aforementioned stuff, here let us distract you with this shiny object"?

Still excited to see what it is. Maybe that's the chip they are going to put in the GW table in the cantina to make it fun...

Time to move on bro. Can't stay dwelling on the same **** forever

Time to move on? I'm "dwelling" on the announcement they made an hour ago that if we don't like gw too bad. And then the community thread that this thread is commenting on that just highlighted all the mistakes they made this week. This is the thread for commenting on the Community update right? I'm not a negative person and enjoy this game overall. But no I'm not ready to move on from the game breaking changes and mess ups that they made this week and just owned up to an hour ago. Maybe I'll move on next week.

To be fair they did make some attempts at fixing some of the problems this week. I'll give them that. And new content is always nice. But it won't make me forget that the game has real issues
  • Nikka488
    277 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse - sorry but I don't buy your GW adjustment rational. Every poll in the forums show that the majority of users liked the adjustment in difficulty prior to your latest patch. Saying that the latest increase in difficulty is because users felt it was to easy doesn't reflect community sentiment. If you want to say that 'we wanted to increase difficulty because we wanted to' is valid but please do not say that you did it because it was asked for. In the financial world we tune our app based on the majority, not the minority and not because it drives revenue. I will respect any decision you make as a company, even if I don't agree, but at least be honest. Out of the 50 members of our guild NOT one thinks the new difficulty is 'good'. After playing daily since Nov and spending money I don't find the new '8K over my best A-team in power' nodes in any ways 'challenging' or 'fun'. It makes it frustrating and I am now back to finding GW a chore. This is not IMO a viable long term way to generate revenue.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    first of all what do you mean tuned for level 81 lol
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    So you guys release a new aurodium character, watch people drop hundreds to max him out and use him, and then finally decide that maybe you should test him yourself? I can't say I'm surprised..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Joruus
    57 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Nikka488 wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse - sorry but I don't buy your GW adjustment rational. Every poll in the forums show that the majority of users liked the adjustment in difficulty prior to your latest patch. Saying that the latest increase in difficulty is because users felt it was to easy doesn't reflect community sentiment. If you want to say that 'we wanted to increase difficulty because we wanted to' is valid but please do not say that you did it because it was asked for. In the financial world we tune our app based on the majority, not the minority and not because it drives revenue. I will respect any decision you make as a company, even if I don't agree, but at least be honest. Out of the 50 members of our guild NOT one thinks the new difficulty is 'good'. After playing daily since Nov and spending money I don't find the new '8K over my best A-team in power' nodes in any ways 'challenging' or 'fun'. It makes it frustrating and I am now back to finding GW a chore. This is not IMO a viable long term way to generate revenue.

No, only low level, low starred people liked it. I could auto it with my jedi 3rd team before the past few days. It was boring and didn't reward me for having a monster team, at all. Work on your team, use the forums to see who you should get, and stop crying.
  • Options
    I'm tired of all the negativity lately. It's hampering my enjoyment of the game.

So let's just have a positive discussion about a teaser for something new and interesting.

With that out of the way, the ruling theories are

1. Gear data pack
    2.Ships
    3.craftable data packs

My theory is a new character pack, but you take synergy toons and the higher the quality of said toons increases your chances of the character to be better(I.e. Already 7* and geared). This would obviously mean it would be a popular character. My second theory is that it's a perk tree.

Anyone else have your own personal theories
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • NienNunb
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Was the first assault battle 3 or 5 characters per squad? Need to plan who to bring to the event (if anyone).
  • Options
    R2-D2
  • Options
    R2-D2

That...makes a lot of sense
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    It's the inside of a data card when you look at it closer. And there's gear inside the data pack
  • Options
    The Community Update today has risen a question that the community has be left to speculate about. What is that weird image? And what is it doing in this weeks community update?

After looking at the image, I have been thinking about what it might be. While it looks like a qeird data card... I Believe it is actually R2-D2's Memory Card.

From what we can see in the image, the are 6 Spaces (Like how Gear is set up), each with an unusual shape, and 7 dots above each space (7 Dots, 7 Stars, Too Perfect to ignore)

I believe that the Memory Card will function like Gear does, as in you will need all 6 to go to the next level, and once you reach the 7th level, all of the dots will be lit up and you will have a 7 Star R2-D2.

I think that they will make each piece extremely difficult to craft, as in Raid Gear difficulty, and release a new raid that rewards these new pieces that fit the shapes that are missing on the memory card.

Why do i believe that this is R2's Memory card?

We have already seen him featured in an EA video, and what better way to add him into the game than have players slow build up his Memory Card?

What are your thoughts? Is this idea Terrible? Is it Amazing?

Thanks for your Input.
  • Options
    The Community Update today has risen a question that the community has be left to speculate about. What is that weird image? And what is it doing in this weeks community update?

After looking at the image, I have been thinking about what it might be. While it looks like a qeird data card... I Believe it is actually R2-D2's Memory Card.

From what we can see in the image, the are 6 Spaces (Like how Gear is set up), each with an unusual shape, and 7 dots above each space (7 Dots, 7 Stars, Too Perfect to ignore)

I believe that the Memory Card will function like Gear does, as in you will need all 6 to go to the next level, and once you reach the 7th level, all of the dots will be lit up and you will have a 7 Star R2-D2.

I think that they will make each piece extremely difficult to craft, as in Raid Gear difficulty, and release a new raid that rewards these new pieces that fit the shapes that are missing on the memory card.

Why do i believe that this is R2's Memory card?

We have already seen him featured in an EA video, and what better way to add him into the game than have players slow build up his Memory Card?

What are your thoughts? Is this idea Terrible? Is it Amazing?

Thanks for your Input.

I literally just made a thread about teaser theories, and that is a very plausible idea
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    It looks like a collage of nes controllers
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    Joruus wrote: »
    No, only low level, low starred people liked it. I could auto it with my jedi 3rd team before the past few days. It was boring and didn't reward me for having a monster team, at all. Work on your team, use the forums to see who you should get, and stop crying.

Wrong and rude at the same time - double whammy! Hate to break it to you but the number of people that like this difficulty jump are by far in the minority. Are you saying 9/10 players on these forums are low level, low geared, crybabies who don't understand how to play the game? Cause that's what it looks like to me.
  • Options
    I think you should prepare to have your thread merged with the GW mass thread so that it will get lost in that poo-storm. Like a couple of others have been.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    My guess- It is related to R2-D2.
  • Options
    BTW, I hope it is R2's card.
  • Options
    Joruus wrote: »
    Nikka488 wrote: »

Lol nope. I liked being able to go through it pretty quickly because GW was always a tedious and boring mode, with low lvl rewards. The only thing it ever challenged was my patience. At its current state, it's worse than pre-easy mode gw, since it is literally impossible for me to finish when I am getting matched up with teams 8 - 10k more power than my arena team. Also, "stop crying?" Really? Progress is made with feedback, whether it be positive or negative... Just take a look at the 800 reply thread that blew up in the past few days.