Help Appreciated with Team

Kalico_Gatika
6 posts Member
edited January 2016
I'm level 37 and this is my squad:
Talia 3* lvl 4/ Chewie 3* lvl 4 / Jawa 3* lvl 3 / JC 2* lvl 4 / Clone Sergeant 1* lvl 4/ Ewok lvl 4, Royal Guard lvl 4 & Snowtrooper lvl 3 all 1*
Combining my "strongest" characters the highest power I get is 6,752 (which I think sucks especially because everyone else is waaaaayyyy higher than that and it's hard to move up in the arena). My question is, which characters are worth leveling up, and which aren't? I'm close to getting Stormtrooper Han, but I'm not sure which would be better to invest in? Would love advice especially since I started several days ago.
Post edited by Kalico_Gatika on

Replies

• Options
    Power isn't super relevant when it comes to whether or not you can win. Synergy and strategy do. That being said you're still working with the first group of characters. From your arena, I'd highly suggest getting Sidious as he is easily the best character from there. From cantina, it really depends. I like Asohka and Luke to start collecting shards. Asohka is lower star so easier to get but Luke is going to be better long term. Once you hit 40 and unlock galactic war, start farming Luminara immediately.
    As of right now, I'd say your best squad would be:
    Chewie (Leader, we've all been through the Chewie days of our careers), Talia (good heal, stronger than Jedi consular while not a Jedi so she won't get punished by Sid and Dooku)
    What other characters do you have beside the one in your squad?
  • Options
    itg131 wrote: »
    Power isn't super relevant when it comes to whether or not you can win. Synergy and strategy do. That being said you're still working with the first group of characters. From your arena, I'd highly suggest getting Sidious as he is easily the best character from there. From cantina, it really depends. I like Asohka and Luke to start collecting shards. Asohka is lower star so easier to get but Luke is going to be better long term. Once you hit 40 and unlock galactic war, start farming Luminara immediately.
    As of right now, I'd say your best squad would be:
    Chewie (Leader, we've all been through the Chewie days of our careers), Talia (good heal, stronger than Jedi consular while not a Jedi so she won't get punished by Sid and Dooku)
    What other characters do you have beside the one in your squad?
    Thanks for the help! I was reading around and some people were saying that it's best to upgrade them whenever I can because stars don't matter in the beginning. So luckily I managed to upgrade Talia to lvl 5 and that brought me up a bit.
    I have JC as third, the Jawa and the Ewok though I've noticed the Ewok doesn't last as long as the Royal Guard does so I usually throw him in there for lengthy battles against more than 3+ higher level bosses (but not in the arena). I guess I've just been feeling stuck because I feel like getting through certain battles is hard!

• obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1. Farm Sid from Arena Shipment (...unless you are super-close to getting Han) since he is by far the best option available. Han is good, but not too useful until he is 5+ stars as his hp is quite low for a tank
    2. Farm Lumi once you unlock GW (If I recall correctly, it is level 42). She is the best healer and hits hard as well
    3. You need to level up your JC! He is a solid, if not unspectacular hero and will serve you well throughout the game and till you get Lumi
    4. I wouldn't level up Chewie for more than 4-stars. He is a mainstay in early/mid game, but rapidly becomes obsolete in the end game as he is slow and nothing more than a meat shield
    5. Who are you farming from Cantina Shipment? Consider Old Daka, Fives or Poe. Daka is good for GW/DS Battles as she is fast, heals and stuns. Fives offers high hp and a high chance to counter and Poe is arguably the best tank as he is super-fast and self-heals with his passive whenever he resists detrimental effects. Ashoka is okay, but the three that I have mentioned are better
    6. Talia is decent and worth farming her to 4/5 stars (though she is a liability on defense). Along with Daka, she is the only DS hero who provides healing
    7. Jawa is a solid hero with his AOE and effectiveness against droids, but you won't see him towards the late mid/end game
    8. The rest are... meh. Don't bother
    9. Decide what type of team who want to build. AOE? Counter/Assist? Critical? Single burst? A specific faction (e.g. droid)? Then focus your farming. Don't get diverted
    10. Gear level > Star/Hero level - i.e. Gear upgrades provide a lot more boost to hero stats/power than advancing the star/hero level
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    1. Farm Sid from Arena Shipment (...unless you are super-close to getting Han) since he is by far the best option available. Han is good, but not too useful until he is 5+ stars as his hp is quite low for a tank
    2. Farm Lumi once you unlock GW (If I recall correctly, it is level 42). She is the best healer and hits hard as well
    3. You need to level up your JC! He is a solid, if not unspectacular hero and will serve you well throughout the game and till you get Lumi
    4. I wouldn't level up Chewie for more than 4-stars. He is a mainstay in early/mid game, but rapidly becomes obsolete in the end game as he is slow and nothing more than a meat shield
    5. Who are you farming from Cantina Shipment? Consider Old Daka, Fives or Poe. Daka is good for GW/DS Battles as she is fast, heals and stuns. Fives offers high hp and a high chance to counter and Poe is arguably the best tank as he is super-fast and self-heals with his passive whenever he resists detrimental effects. Ashoka is okay, but the three that I have mentioned are better
    6. Talia is decent and worth farming her to 4/5 stars (though she is a liability on defense). Along with Daka, she is the only DS hero who provides healing
    7. Jawa is a solid hero with his AOE and effectiveness against droids, but you won't see him towards the late mid/end game
    8. The rest are... meh. Don't bother
    9. Decide what type of team who want to build. AOE? Counter/Assist? Critical? Single burst? A specific faction (e.g. droid)? Then focus your farming. Don't get diverted
    10. Gear level > Star/Hero level - i.e. Gear upgrades provide a lot more boost to hero stats/power than advancing the star/hero level

this was incredibly helpful! I've begun to farm Lumi & Sid for the past week or so, and I'm slowly getting there but I'll probably get them within a week and a half or so. I've been upgrading any of the JC abilities but I feel like he's still not strong enough and it bothers me. I'm currently going for Ahsoka and I currently have 16 shards for her, but I think I'm going to go towards Old Daka now that you mentioned her. I did manage to get Han simply because it was easier to obtain him, and he works great alongside my other lower leveled characters for battles that don't require too much damage (i hope that made sense??). I've also farmed the Jawa and so he's actually been more of a help now too! I'm really hoping I can quickly replace the Ewok since it doesn't last long in battle.
  • Options
    Ofcourse, you can make ur squad how u want..

I suggest farm when u unlock Galactic War, Luminara Unduli, I got her at the begin (just like Tarkin) and shes Great!

In Squad Arena, Farm Sidious, and then Asajj Ventress.. Both amazingly good!

Poe Dameron, as i heard is better then Chewie.. I suggest farm in Cantina him.

I suggest try to get this Squad:

Sidious (Leader)
    Luminara
    Poe
    Barriss Offee (Such good player, only hard to farm)
    Asajj Ventress

As i said, its what u want. But this is a suggestion of mine.