Boba's Revenge

Prev1
I've been playing this game for a good term now, and am ready to revisit the statistics of Boba Fett, or this character is truly lost forever.

Boat Fett is my favorite, and best looking character, from stand still to action, and this is my last ditch attempt to resurrect his qualities from sure lose, to sure win. I like the fact the dev's have made this road very difficult, for only a true chess player, and love for SW, could engage with such a ludicrous idea that I have.

Replies

• Dando99
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I've been playing this game for a good term now, and am ready to revisit the statistics of Boba Fett, or this character is truly lost forever.

Boat Fett is my favorite, and best looking character, from stand still to action, and this is my last ditch attempt to resurrect his qualities from sure lose, to sure win. I like the fact the dev's have made this road very difficult, for only a true chess player, and love for SW, could engage with such a ludicrous idea that I have.

I'm behind you 100%. I love Boba and use him in the arena, but he isn't viable.
  • Options
    I'm on a relatively new server, im rank under 20, and I'm going pure none meta. I want Boba to win, no compromise. And I've thought up just a way I think this can be obtained.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Boba lead with Leia. Massive boost to crit chance and crit damage
  • Dando99
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Pair him with AA and lando.
  • Wrecker1127
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Boba lead with Leia. Massive boost to crit chance and crit damage

This man knows Boba's secret.
  • Options
    That's easy math, I'v went deeper with the strategy.
  • Options
    I wish he would use his gun, I don't like the animation of his wrist rocket
  • Options
    It's ironic that he doesnt, so the dev's could keep him under powered. Mind you there still is a very small chance to use him as leader, competitively.
  • Wrecker1127
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Care to elaborate on this idea?
  • Options
    His leader is his only good trait.
  • Options
    I'm right there with you
  • Options

Boba fett in this game is about as useful as a red light in grand theft auto.. *sigh* I shall try to help you with a team though. His leader ability is a must have, 50 percent crit damage and 10 percent crit chance when omega'd I think. His first teammate should be captain Phasma for sure... Her victory march would make for a lot of pain. I'd probably throw in Rey, qui gon, and Royal guard to be honest.. Since that really is the meta.... Boba lead. Rey, qgj, Royal guard and Phasma. Solid team. You can replace RG for han if you really wanna.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Boba fett in this game is about as useful as a red light in grand theft auto.. *sigh* I shall try to help you with a team though. His leader ability is a must have, 50 percent crit damage and 10 percent crit chance when omega'd I think. His first teammate should be captain Phasma for sure... Her victory march would make for a lot of pain. I'd probably throw in Rey, qui gon, and Royal guard to be honest.. Since that really is the meta.... Boba lead. Rey, qgj, Royal guard and Phasma. Solid team. You can replace RG for han if you really wanna.
    No no no no!!! If we start looking at how he might work at the moment they'll never fix him!
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Increase potency (it's really just a big finger to give toon debuff abilities and bad potency). Finn have the same problem.

He's leaderskill is crazy good so he can be viable just by increasing potency.

Aand maybe 10-20 more speed.
  • Options
    If people like the character and also like his leader ability... Why not use him for that then?
  • Options
    If people like the character and also like his leader ability... Why not use him for that then?

Because every other part of him doesn't work and/or is useless
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Boba is by far my favorite character in Star Wars and it's a pain to see what EA/GG has done with him !!!
    It's Boba Fett !!! The fearless bounty hunter not a sand bag !!! Hope they will rework him like Anakin.
  • Mercer
    28 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm on a relatively new server, im rank under 20, and I'm going pure none meta. I want Boba to win, no compromise. And I've thought up just a way I think this can be obtained.

most comfortable to read and down to earth post regarding this game I have read so far - thank you
    Lonach wrote: »
    Boba is by far my favorite character in Star Wars and it's a pain to see what EA/GG has done with him !!!
    It's Boba Fett !!! The fearless bounty hunter not a sand bag !!! Hope they will rework him like Anakin.

absolutely correct - i am playing with a Night Sister Squad atm and i am getting pounded but what should i do... i love Asajj so ill stick with em
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

What's wrong with an aoe ability block that has damage over time? Evasion up is nice too, especially as an added bonus when stacked on an evasion lead. Sorry, not trying to be snarky here. I like Boba too and use him. Just a sincere discussion.

• Options

What's wrong with an aoe ability block that has damage over time? Evasion up is nice too, especially as an added bonus when stacked on an evasion lead. Sorry, not trying to be snarky here. I like Boba too and use him. Just a sincere discussion.

He's slow, he's weak his health doesn't make up for that. His AOE is useless since he's so slow everyone s already gone before him and used their abilities. He can evade all he wants no one is gonna care since he is so non threatening. He is a 'leave for last' character. His basic only gives a small amount of turn meter compared to Darth maul who gets 100% for the same thing, although boba cannot be set up for delivering killing blows.
    Finally his passive is useless. Yeah it sounds cool to have him resurrect so many times but it is completely useless as the character stands now
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    From my Boba rework proposal a few weeks ago:

Boba is currently worthless, and the very few people who use do because of his Leader that grants 50% critical damage (and 10% critical chance at level 8)

The real problem, I believe, is that he struggles with his identity. He can’t seem to fit any of the role that is given to him.

Boba is classified as a tank, but is described as a “Durable attacker”
    He probably belongs to this weird class that are “Off-Tanks”, also sometimes called “Bruisers”.
    He could be compared to Fives, Savage, or Kylo: Tanky heroes that focus more on damage and survivability than classical tanks.

Their role is simple: Instead of protecting your team like a tank, they focus on being a threat to force enemies to attack them.

But let’s take a look at Boba’s stats:

Terrible Speed

Even though this is often a trademark of bruisers, Boba beats some records here: He is the 10th slowest character in the game, sitting at 101 speed.
    To compare, Fives is at 115 , Savage at 117 and Kylo at 116 .
    Now this wouldn’t be a problem if he was, indeed, durable as his description says. But he’s not.

Average health

He has less health than some support characters (Phasma, Poggle) or even attackers (Tusken Raider, JKA, Snowtrooper)
    He also has the second lowest health in the tank class, after StormTrooper.

So he’s not that durable, and the only thing that helps him is his revive passive, which is entirely up to RNG, and usually doesn’t mean anything as he’s the last man standing, because he does no damage and pose no threat.

Average damage and bad potency

For a slow and fragile character, you’d expect him to hit really hard… Well no.
    His AoE is not the worst: 15th most damage on 27 AoE abilities in the game. Not bad, but definitely not enough to be threatening.
    The effect, Ability Block, is nice, but with is 40% potency and the chance being only 80%, he doesn’t really shine.
    His basic is also in the middle range, which isn’t bad but remains mediocre.

Skills

Now let’s look more closely at his skills:

Basic – Execute

Deal physical damage and gain 35% TM on a finishing blow.

The problem here? His basic doesn’t really do anything particular. Sure, the TM gain is nice… But he rarely kills anyone with it.
    The Omega upgrade is +5%TM gain… It really doesn’t change anything.

Special – Death From Above

Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 80% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn, and a 50% chance to inflict damage over time for 2 turns.
    4 Turn Cooldown

As I stated before, this deals average damage, doesn’t really stick because of his low potency, and the Omega upgrade doesn’t bring anything, except on a debuff-heavy squad.

Leader – Dead or Alive
    Allies gain an additional 50% Critical Damage and 10% Critical Chance

You’re fighting off the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, his leader ability is called “Dead or Alive”… Do you really expect to see a critical damage buff?
    Nope.
    This Leader ability doesn’t really match the description, the character, and isn’t really useful anyway.

Unique – Mandalorian Resolve

Boba Fett has a 35% chance to revive at 30% health when he is defeated. He also gains Evasion Up for 3 turns whenever an ally is defeated.

Once again, this isn’t really consistent with his character.
    I guess this comes from the Extended Universe, where he is said to have survived after ep. V.
    Though this is not really canon (HK-47 isn’t either), I understand that EA wanted to keep it.

However, the Evasion buff isn’t really useful for him, because he’s usually the last one standing, and so is the revive.

CONCLUSION

Boba Fett is an hybrid between a tank and an attacker. Unfortunately, he excels at none of these roles, and underperforms in both.
    His damage isn’t high enough to be a true attacker.
    His tankyness isn’t enough to be a true tank.
    His utility is too bad to be a true support.

You can find my change proposal in this thread:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/42130/underused-characters-boba-fett#latest

He definitely needs something.
  • Options
    Boba Fett master race reporting in
  • Options

He's slow, he's weak his health doesn't make up for that. His AOE is useless since he's so slow everyone s already gone before him and used their abilities. He can evade all he wants no one is gonna care since he is so non threatening. He is a 'leave for last' character. His basic only gives a small amount of turn meter compared to Darth maul who gets 100% for the same thing, although boba cannot be set up for delivering killing blows.
    Finally his passive is useless. Yeah it sounds cool to have him resurrect so many times but it is completely useless as the character stands now

His passive is a bit useless. I can agree with that. I notice it tends to go off in GW but for some reason it rarely goes off in arena.

I don't mind that he's slow because he's super tanky. And like you said he's usually the last man standing. His lack of burst damage ( for me ) is sometimes made up for by his survivability. Sometimes in the end ( not always ) he can slowly chip away at that last toon for the win.

Right now I'm using boba with Cad lead, but as soon as I get boba's lead omega'ed I'll give that a whirl. I think Dengar would work nice on that team too with the automatic scoundrel crit assist and the bonus damage from boba's lead. I have Dengar at 4 star with level 9 gear. He looks promising!

• Options

His passive is a bit useless. I can agree with that. I notice it tends to go off in GW but for some reason it rarely goes off in arena.

I don't mind that he's slow because he's super tanky. And like you said he's usually the last man standing. His lack of burst damage ( for me ) is sometimes made up for by his survivability. Sometimes in the end ( not always ) he can slowly chip away at that last toon for the win.

Right now I'm using boba with Cad lead, but as soon as I get boba's lead omega'ed I'll give that a whirl. I think Dengar would work nice on that team too with the automatic scoundrel crit assist and the bonus damage from boba's lead. I have Dengar at 4 star with level 9 gear. He looks promising!

Gotta disagree that he's super tank compared to some of the health pools that some have like RG, fisto, 5's. But I'm never one to dismiss another fellow scoundrel user! What's your boba like? Mines only G8 but looking at swgoh.org he still doesn't seem that tanky. I'm planning 88 (lead) with boba, lando, dengar and st han with a DOT critical chance vibe.

I think any fix to boba however will be centred around using him as leader so im worried we might both be rethinking strategyy.
  • Options
    He's not super tanky. Almost 29k health is pathetic for a "tank". His basic does decent damage but the utility of it is terrible. Boba Fett is my fav as well and the only way I see him as a viable arena toon is by putting him with Rey and Leia and let them just **** critical damage. His AOE is nice on paper but with such low potency and dodge leads everywhere you would be lucky to land two debuffs out of five. Unique is useless unless it's 1v1 but I can't think of anyone he would beat in a 1v1 anyway.
    If they want him to be a tank increase his revive chance and health by a lot. Also potency would be nice too. His speed could stay the same for all I care. His leader is why you use him anyway.
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    He's not super tanky. Almost 29k health is pathetic for a "tank". His basic does decent damage but the utility of it is terrible. Boba Fett is my fav as well and the only way I see him as a viable arena toon is by putting him with Rey and Leia and let them just **** critical damage. His AOE is nice on paper but with such low potency and dodge leads everywhere you would be lucky to land two debuffs out of five. Unique is useless unless it's 1v1 but I can't think of anyone he would beat in a 1v1 anyway.
    If they want him to be a tank increase his revive chance and health by a lot. Also potency would be nice too. His speed could stay the same for all I care. His leader is why you use him anyway.

He seems tanky to me but I'm also counting his evasion up in that equation so maybe that's why. It's also stacking on top of my Cad lead perhaps. I'm trying to monitor my gameplay more closely and I'm noticing that I also get the finishing blow with his basic quite often so I get that tm boost as well.

I'm trying to reserve my full judgement until I can get his leader ability omega'ed. Plus that aoe dot sounds nice. He might just blossom at the high end. I dunno.

To answer Fetter's question I have him at gear 9 now, 7 star.

• Options
    Just throwing my 2 cents in here... I have him 7*..... gear 10.... all omega except execute. I have poured everything I can into him and he is just broken. Pure and simple. Needs a rework in my opinion bad. Favorite character/toon ever but EA didn't just drop the ball on him. They pulled a Tom Brady and deflated it too... just saying.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    His leader ability is one of the best for damage ironically, but besides that he really doesn't excel at anything in my opinion. Maybe if, in addition to his current unique ability, he did more damage the lower his health is he might become more viable, an ability similar to this is ST Han's leader ability for example
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget his greatest drawback. He is, without a doubt, the most horrific character to gear up. An absolute horror! Cg must hate him lol
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    9r33d0 wrote: »
    Don't forget his greatest drawback. He is, without a doubt, the most horrific character to gear up. An absolute horror! Cg must hate him lol

Truth! Greedo is pretty rough too.