Just found an effective counter to Poe

ZoloRunningstrider
142 posts Member
edited January 2016
I've been grinding up a first order team and one of the toons I have is FO officer. He has high speed and in the arena match I just had against a standard droid team with Poe, my FO Officer went first and I used his second special ability, which has a 70% chance to remove 50% turn meter AND grant my team 10% turn meter. Used it on Poe and blam, his turn meter was reduced and I'm not certain if it will always work this way but, MY ENTIRE team got their turn before any one on the enemy droid team got theirs. My squad was 7* Phasma 7* Kylo 7* JC 7* Sid 5* FO Officer.

Anyways was a very rewarding fight and an effective counter to a toon that's surged in popularity lately in my arena bracket.

I don't know stars/ gear of enemy team but they were #1 in my bracket, team strength 21,585
HK IG-86-88 Poggle and Poe

Replies

• Options
    Well not only does the skill only have 70% chance of success, it must also get past Poe's 70% Tenacity making it pretty unreliable :'(
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    I run FOO. He ties with Poe for first action, which means he has a 50/50 chance to act before Poe on turn 1. He then has a 70% chance to remove turn meter from his target, not factoring in the targets resist chances. So he has a 35% (before factoring target resists) chance of setting your team up to win in round 1. This is a good number when you do not have to rely on FOO only, but have a strong synergy team. For example, I run FOO and Poe. If FOO doesnt move first, and if my Poe doesnt move first, but the enemy Poe moves first, then my Poe and FOO combined can regain the advantage. If FOO or Poe move first, its gg.

To help ensure FOOs ability succeeds, I wont target the enemy Poe, but one of their less resistant heroes instead.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    To help ensure FOOs ability succeeds, I wont target the enemy Poe, but one of their less resistant heroes instead.

So you don't try to slow their Poe because of his high resist, once you team has the bonus turn meter do slower heroes go before Poe? I don't have Poe but I am farming FOO, I had planned on targeting Poe and having Han taunt to try and DPS something down before enemy Poe taunts.

I had a match last night where there Poe's taunt lasted from about 15 seconds in to 2 minutes in. About 2 minutes of face tanking my team and he didnt go down or have a healing immunity stick so there luminara was able to heal. After the taunt I quickly dropped 2 of there heroes but I got wiped shortly after. My squad really struggles vs Poe.
  • Options
    I was doing some testing with FOO in GW today and sometimes the turn reduction doesn't happen (70% chance) But I never see text saying its resisted. Can anyone else confirm this?
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    That team was gimped. Having Poe and Poogle in the same team is a major fail. While I'm not disagreeing with you I wouldn't exclaim I found the counter to Poe because you beat that team. Try Poe in a synergized team with one shotters behind him ready to drop bombs like FOTP or Luke. Totally diffirent scenario. Droids heavy teams are almost laughably weak in the current meta. Poe's expose is very overrated. His strength is his tenacity combined with his taunt and the ability that triggers off of it. At 7* if Poe can take 3-4 good hits before he cashes out that will be a game changer. But you used FO officers special on Poe..so he didnt even have to taunt to be effective vs you.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    That team was gimped. Having Poe and Poogle in the same team is a major fail.

Any reason in particular you don't like those two together? I was thinking they could be an interesting pair.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct