Make an event for the "middle class"

Prev13
Weezy34
117 posts Member
The kit and Ayala events were for the lower level players, too easy with minimal rewards.

The last empire event and now this ewok event are for whales and the select few with complete and high level empire or droid squads.

Could you please make an event for some of us minnows, who spend a little on the game, vut are neither whales nor low level?

Wouldn't be nice to have a beatable event with good rewards, since a large portion of the players here either can't beat the events are get nothing from the events they can beat.

Replies

• Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    How is this event for whales. I cleared both tiers easily with HK, 88, 86, 100, and Vader. All are free to play. Virtually all of their gear is from raids, hard farming, and occasional shop purchase from saved up crystals.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Lianara wrote: »
    How is this event for whales. I cleared both tiers easily with HK, 88, 86, 100, and Vader. All are free to play. Virtually all of their gear is from raids, hard farming, and occasional shop purchase from saved up crystals.

Aside from B2, every character is f2p.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options

Nice that you had invested credits and gear already into a droid team and got lucky that an event used them.

Anyone else who had not already invested in toons that can be used for this event can't participate in the new content.

OP is saying it's for whales because he assumes a whale will have enough resources spread out over all toons that they are ready for any new events. And a lower requirement tier would allow easier access for most players who could invest in a team to at least participate...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Nope, obviously pay to win event. Even though of the 13 characters eligible and only 1 is premium, CG can't actually expect anyone to spend precious resources on Empire or Droids. You NEED to put all of that in meta characters so you do well in Arena. The only way anyone has droids or Empire is if they spent thousands and pulled them from Chromiums and bought credit packs and gear from shipments to max them out.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »

Nope, obviously pay to win event. Even though of the 13 characters eligible and only 1 is premium, CG can't actually expect anyone to spend precious resources on Empire or Droids. You NEED to put all of that in meta characters so you do well in Arena. The only way anyone has droids or Empire is if they spent thousands and pulled them from Chromiums and bought credit packs and gear from shipments to max them out.

Some of us have been playing for 7/8 months so we had extra time and resources to max a couple droids and an empire unit or two. Droids have always been great DPS units that all players should eventually work on.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Some of us have been playing for 7/8 months so we had extra time and resources to max a couple droids and an empire unit or two. Droids have always been great DPS units that all players should eventually work on.

Oh I agree. I was being sarcastic, making fun of the silly complaints :smiley:
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    Droids were a meta at one point so many of us have them maxed. Their farm is extremely easy and requires no more investment than any other Ftp group.

This event is NOT aimed at whales, it's aimed at those that played for a long time.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    And for those that are at less than 4 months like me? Obviously I will prepare for the next time around, but I haven't had enough days in arena to max out all the toons that are available in the shipments.
  • Options
    its aimed at whales. Droids cant do this event due to dmg they take they shoulda made T1 For beginners, T2 for "Middle class" and T3 for whales. but this is EA theyve never been about "whats fair"

:D droids and Empire can do both tiers.it's tuned for high level/geared toons, as we were warned.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    its aimed at whales. Droids cant do this event due to dmg they take they shoulda made T1 For beginners, T2 for "Middle class" and T3 for whales. but this is EA theyve never been about "whats fair"

Huh? Droids can do this event fairly easily if they're maxed out on stars and levels. My team of HK, 86, 88, RG, and Vader auto's T1 and nearly auto's T2 with the last fight the oh one I did manually to keep selecting the one rez'd Scout over and over. 88s AoE clears the board of all the little guys making playing wack-a-mole pretty easy. It's not a hard event if you actually have the characters.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options

I completed tier 2 easily with 4 droids and RG. Although I run droids in arena
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    To Star and level a team of 5 for any of these events takes ~ 32.5 million credits. that is about 8 weeks of spending every single credit on this team.

So yes it is totally doable. but the thing is aside from whales most people are trying to work on an arena team, a GW team, a light side mission team, a dark side mission team, a jedi team for yoda, a rebel team for the last event.

So that makes 7 teams (obviously some overlap in these) but if there were none thats 14 months of just credits needed.

So yeah having multiple of these assault events and with them being designed for max characters, yeah it is aimed at whales, the only real hope is that if they do enough of these every segment of the population will hit on 1 or 2 that they can do based on what they already farmed.

Also for the record Ive got a resistance team,a nd im hoping they give me a resistance assualt soon, but even then, id still need tons of credits to finish leveling my team and paying for the stars cause as a F2P you are stretched in a ton of different directions....
  • Options
    I don't even have the required levels. I was free to play, but I have started spending a third of what I save by quitting smoking cigarettes (I hand rolled so i didn't spend much) on this game. Unfortunately ten bucks of training droids has left me in a major credit hole, and I hate that I now have to farm mob enforcer and another scoundrel to get credits. Maybe someday an event will require nightsisters and that'll be my lucky day.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    To Star and level a team of 5 for any of these events takes ~ 32.5 million credits. that is about 8 weeks of spending every single credit on this team.

So yes it is totally doable. but the thing is aside from whales most people are trying to work on an arena team, a GW team, a light side mission team, a dark side mission team, a jedi team for yoda, a rebel team for the last event.

So that makes 7 teams (obviously some overlap in these) but if there were none thats 14 months of just credits needed.

So yeah having multiple of these assault events and with them being designed for max characters, yeah it is aimed at whales, the only real hope is that if they do enough of these every segment of the population will hit on 1 or 2 that they can do based on what they already farmed.

Also for the record Ive got a resistance team,a nd im hoping they give me a resistance assualt soon, but even then, id still need tons of credits to finish leveling my team and paying for the stars cause as a F2P you are stretched in a ton of different directions....

A droid team is actually great for gw, arena, and ds battles. I easily complete all of dark side and am regularly placing I the top 20 for arena. Even gw is still fairly easy with droids. I usually just use the one team until the 11th battle where I'll lose some guys (battle 12 for me has consistently been the super easy one probably due to my top 5 guys power being above what the system can calculate for).

I run HK lead, 88, 86, and the last two slots depend on what am doing and usually ends up being RG, Poggle, JE or a few others.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I liked the lightside event (that was cancelled for an unknown reason still) a lot. If they would have upped it's difficulty, it would have been awesome.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Every event people cry.
    2 Droid events, people cry
    Event for Rebels/Clones, people cry
    Event for Scoundrels, people cry
    Event for Jedis, people cry
    Event for females, people cry
    Event for empire, people cry.

CG is running out of characters to include and people cry. If all else fails, people cry about rewards and/or blame whales. And some do it all every time and every day.

I think the conclusion is people have nothing better to do than just cry.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    As long as each of the events returns don't see a problem not being able to do one this time round, it gives me a chance to farm them for the next event

As is the case for the two prior to this latest one
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    And for those that are at less than 4 months like me? Obviously I will prepare for the next time around, but I haven't had enough days in arena to max out all the toons that are available in the shipments.

When u are 80 with dozens of omega'd toons, do ya think maybe, just maybe, there will occasionally be a high level event for toons u have? And just maybe there will be a lot of new players who can't complete it? Lol.

Sure, make an event for the middle class. By the time it rolls out, u will be a lvl 80 fat cat, yourself.
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    Options
    I am not able to complete this event, and I am not crying. Not everything in this game is going to be for everybody. You cannot cry that you do not have 5 7*Jedi when Yoda rolls around. Now, i do get a little teary eyed when I play the current GW, but one can hope they tweak that a bit to bring it under control.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Droids were a meta at one point so many of us have them maxed. Their farm is extremely easy and requires no more investment than any other Ftp group.

This event is NOT aimed at whales, it's aimed at those that played for a long time.

And thats my main issue with this ! If they make a medium mode ans an easy one everyone can participate
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Not every event is going to be for everybody, It is really that simple.
  • Tommylew
    144 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Unless you pay cash they don't give a rats eyes about you! Droids are easy to farm but not when you have to try and gear up raid units, get scroundels for the new cash event, level up Jedis, level up droids and empire next it will be something else which only whales will have in abundance! This is why im starting to get fed up with this game! It's great doing loads of different events but excluding the majority sucks!
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Nodoon wrote: »
    Not every event is going to be for everybody, It is really that simple.

I think the problem is that because not everyone can complete this event only specific people will have the rewards from the first occurrence, even if it comes back that will still be one event without rewards that could've been done but wasn't possible at the time.
    This is different from another event like the Grand Master Yoda one because it reappears regularly and if you miss out on anything its no problem because you can just get the rewards the next time it shows up.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    These threads are hilariously selfish. What is really being asked is "Can you make an event for characters that I have?" I got lucky with this event since I run droids in arena. If they had an event for clones, or night sisters I would not have a chance at completing it, and I am fine with that. I can't complete the scoundrel event because I focused on different characters and that is completely fair.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how these events promote roster diversity. Since they are supposed to be recurring events, people will collect characters they otherwise wouldn't to get into these events.
  • Tommylew
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Every event people cry.
    2 Droid events, people cry
    Event for Rebels/Clones, people cry
    Event for Scoundrels, people cry
    Event for Jedis, people cry
    Event for females, people cry
    Event for empire, people cry.

CG is running out of characters to include and people cry. If all else fails, people cry about rewards and/or blame whales. And some do it all every time and every day.

I think the conclusion is people have nothing better to do than just cry.

Or bring out the odd event that doesn't exclude loads of the player base! Wouldn't have an issue if a new event was catered for all instead of cash cows or people that have been playing since the game come out!
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    This event was very challenging but was beatable.

I cleared both tiers with an 'average' droid team (HK47 4*, IG88 6*, IG86 7*) and RG and Vader in support. All are only levels 64-66 except RG who is 80.

You just need to plan ahead and persevere with the event itself. I spent all last week levelling and gearing HK47 and he is easily the most important character in this event (for his lead ability).

It took a week out of my usual farming schedule but the rewards are very worthwhile - dozens of ewok shards and 2.25 million credits.

The event is tough and frustrating but not unbeatable. The challenge and the rewards definitely make it feel like an achievement to complete.

For once, I have high praise for the devs!
  • Options
    Only viable if you run Droids or empire
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    Options

Or bring out the odd event that doesn't exclude loads of the player base! Wouldn't have an issue if a new event was catered for all instead of cash cows or people that have been playing since the game come out![/quote]

So, do you want an event that is, just bring your arena team, get 1 million credits? I have not been able to do the last 3 events, I will live. When they bring this back, you will still get the reward for the first time you complete it. There is no reason to think they will not rotate these events, it is much easier for them than making new ones I am sure.

• Tommylew
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Nodoon wrote: »

Or bring out the odd event that doesn't exclude loads of the player base! Wouldn't have an issue if a new event was catered for all instead of cash cows or people that have been playing since the game come out!

So, do you want an event that is, just bring your arena team, get 1 million credits? I have not been able to do the last 3 events, I will live. When they bring this back, you will still get the reward for the first time you complete it. There is no reason to think they will not rotate these events, it is much easier for them than making new ones I am sure.

[/quote]

Id like events like this where you need AOE without limits of using certain factions! I'd like events which are open to everyone and gives £10,000 max if need be! Being stuck doing the same boring tasks make this a very boring game! Every event they bring out is catered for the top end! You don't need an event that everyone can participate to have high rewards' make interesting and different events which wvery can join in! Even have different tiers just so people can play as well with hardly any rewards!