Vadar is the most useless toons in game

Prev1
Miss_Doll
258 posts Member
Of course you will say he is better at gear 8 or 9. But why his basic did so low damage and block never land. What is the propose Really? AOE 0 dmg

Replies

• Options
    He is good at higher gear and his Aoe is to set up his culling blade, but his basic is weak in my opinion.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    His AoE does more damage than his basic.
  • Options
    Dot team he's a lot of fun. 88 L, GG, Vader, 2 of STH, HK meatbag omega, Phasma. Maybe Dengar once maxed.
  • Tav1n_Yo
    193 posts Member
    Options
    He's useless even at gear 10, 6*. His ai just throws away culling blade on like one debuff and on top that it can be dodged. Culling blade should be unavoidable like his basic. His potency also needs to be higher otherwise his AoE doesn't stick. I understand the reason for his basic to be kinda weak, it's more for Jedi control than anything else, otherwise he'd be crazy powerful with the amount of health he has.
  • DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    Options
    *Aehem* last changes in anakin made him a tank with tons of hp/protection hitting like a big truck. Basic o ver 6k without buffs and awsome aoe
  • Options
    59014126.jpg
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Options
    Vader sucks, sith in general suck. 70 percent of the toons in the game suck, a lot of them need to be reworked ASAP. Protection update ruined a lot of toons and a good portion of them were already bad.
    I personally want maul, Sidious and Vader to be better, along with some
    Jedi. I'd be happy if I were seeing sith vs Jedi more often in the arena. However both syngeries are kinda meh, at best right now, and those toons don't do a lot of damage. So we're stuck with Rey, qui gon, Royal guard combos in almost every team. I'd prefer they rework toons like darth maul instead of adding lame ones like "Genosian spy"...
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is very strong when utilized correctly. His culling blade is the highest single target attack in the game... Can hit for over 50k in arena. His dots are great for wearing down the other team. His ability block on his basic is also pretty useful. With 88 lead and a proper team he is pretty brutal.
    Just got a new high score in the strength challenge today!

yAioVkK.jpg
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Vader is very strong when utilized correctly. His culling blade is the highest single target attack in the game... Can hit for over 50k in arena. His dots are great for wearing down the other team. His ability block on his basic is also pretty useful. With 88 lead and a proper team he is pretty brutal.

yAioVkK.jpg

So his biggest attribute is he can one shot someone. In the time you spent stacking all those dots to set up the shot Rey would have had that toon dead.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

yAioVkK.jpg

So his biggest attribute is he can one shot someone. In the time you spent stacking all those dots to set up the shot Rey would have had that toon dead.

Not really... Stick a geared Gam guard in your group and stack dots like crazy and very quickly. On offense you can beat any top arena team very easily but on defense it's not very strong. After a round of applying dots the other team is half dead after taking their turns and you just finish them off. It's an alternative to the cliche teams everyone uses at least.

• Dizzle
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I love how everyone posts screenshot of Vader in challenge mode. Any level 80 toon is viable there.
  • Options
    He is an end game toon.... he gets remarkably better as your gear/level him. A 6* Vader, G9 or 10 is solid. Can only imagine 7*. His DoTs do big damage on their own... if you use culling blade, he hits for 20k+. Even his basic is OK if it is omega'd. But if you are trying to use him at 5* G8 or less or let the AI run him, no good.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Dizzle wrote: »
    I love how everyone posts screenshot of Vader in challenge mode. Any level 80 toon is viable there.

Here you go... (Some of these pics are pretty old now and more damage is possible but you get the idea)

Last node GW...

x27pcSR.jpg

Arena...

muZkWyc.jpg

vs. the rancor...

bLfjyRw.jpg

• Options
    He is an end game toon.... he gets remarkably better as your gear/level him. A 6* Vader, G9 or 10 is solid. Can only imagine 7*. His DoTs do big damage on their own... if you use culling blade, he hits for 20k+. Even his basic is OK if it is omega'd. But if you are trying to use him at 5* G8 or less or let the AI run him, no good.
    Vader is.. Excuse my language mods.. Poo. He has the speed of Jabba the hut after a large meal, his light saber hits like a depressed bunny rabbit, and his AI is not the brightest crayon in the pack. There's a reason I haven't seen Vader in the arena in.... wait for it.. I don't think I've ever seen him in the arena lol. He's only in galactic war.
    I sit at the top 10 and normally get #1 at payout. Haven't seen anyone use Vader since the hundreds. His basic doesn't do enough damage, yeah you can build a DOT team around the guy, but it's not that great, and once you're on defense you'll probably be targeted a lot. Vader needs a little buff, not a full overhaul but a buff to his speed or damage, something. He's very tanky though.

• Dizzle
    80 posts Member
    Options

Here you go... (Some of these pics are pretty old now and more damage is possible but you get the idea)

Last node GW...

x27pcSR.jpg

Arena...

muZkWyc.jpg

vs. the rancor...

bLfjyRw.jpg

Yes I like the rancor and arena pics, nice arena team setup btw, haven't seen that combo out there yet.

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    It almost seems like the Geonosian Spy is a better version of Vader considering his similar and tank destroy abilities, but only has only half the health and less ability damage than Vader, has anyone compared these two in-game yet? https://swgoh.gg/characters/geonosian-spy/
  • Tav1n_Yo
    193 posts Member
    Options

Last node GW...

x27pcSR.jpg

Arena...

muZkWyc.jpg

vs. the rancor...

bLfjyRw.jpg

That's all well and good and best believe I have tried him, I have Gam Guard 7* gear 9, Vader almost 6* gear 10 and my Phasma and Rey all decked out, same with 88 as lead. The truth is at the top of arena, it's just not happening man. Raids he sucks too because Rancor is pretty hard to get anything to stick, hell people have trouble with Teebo unless it's good RNG. He's just not there yet and I've ran a bunch of combos to make him viable. He needs work or better sith toons to make him a bit better. Strange one of the most powerful characters in Star Wars is getting outclassed by Rey, a new character to Star Wars. However, with the new update to Ani, I'm hopeful they'll rework him as I'm sure once people have him at 7* they'll be crying for buffs to him.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Vader would be great in an IG-88 lead team. Besides...Eeth Koth and Mace Windu disagree with you!
  • Options
    Vader is.. Excuse my language mods.. Poo. He has the speed of Jabba the hut after a large meal, his light saber hits like a depressed bunny rabbit, and his AI is not the brightest crayon in the pack. There's a reason I haven't seen Vader in the arena in.... wait for it.. I don't think I've ever seen him in the arena lol. He's only in galactic war.
    I sit at the top 10 and normally get #1 at payout. Haven't seen anyone use Vader since the hundreds. His basic doesn't do enough damage, yeah you can build a DOT team around the guy, but it's not that great, and once you're on defense you'll probably be targeted a lot. Vader needs a little buff, not a full overhaul but a buff to his speed or damage, something. He's very tanky though.

That's because you haven't run into a 6* g10 Vader yet. They are rare but I've been two of them in arena in the past week and he is totally viable with the right team comp. November server, lots of LOADED teams and I've seen Vader in top 20 this week. This is 6*. Be patient padawan... you will not be disappointed in the end game.

I've noticed certain toon make huge leaps at G10.... IG-88 is decent up to G9, he becomes a madman at 10 with basic hits of 10k. Vader is in that boat IMO. On the flip side, I've taken toons to G11 and haven't gotten near the same upgrade
  • Options
    I have a G10 (all slots possible) 6* Vader with culling blade omega'd. Hes nice, but his basic still need to hit harder for him to really impact arena in the way characters like Anakin, RG or QGj can.

If he had 1k more damage on his basic? He'd be excellent. I cant lie, I was expecting a bigger jump in damage output from 5 to 6*. Unless he gets that extra basic damage he will be more niche and need a team with heavy DoT synergy, which limits his arena viability.

Still, I like him, its Vader!
  • LADrake
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Akbar turns him into the best healer in the game
  • Options
    Vader is OP if anything he needs to be nerfed when in an empire team he's fast unkillable Tanky and does huge damage
  • Order_67
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Just got him to 6* today, gear 10. Very fun to play around.
  • luisgin
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Vader sucks, sith in general suck. 70 percent of the toons in the game suck, a lot of them need to be reworked ASAP. Protection update ruined a lot of toons and a good portion of them were already bad.
    I personally want maul, Sidious and Vader to be better, along with some
    Jedi. I'd be happy if I were seeing sith vs Jedi more often in the arena. However both syngeries are kinda meh, at best right now, and those toons don't do a lot of damage. So we're stuck with Rey, qui gon, Royal guard combos in almost every team. I'd prefer they rework toons like darth maul instead of adding lame ones like "Genosian spy"...

Truth
  • Options
    I think people underestimate Vader and also misuse him. He's simply not an arena player. There are far better tanks but he fits his role perfectly; he applies negative status effects and his culling blade is geared as a set-up attack to dole massive damage to a single enemy. I always use this guy on challenges, not for arena because he's not tailored for that sort of gameplay. Appreciate @Smapty and his defense for Vader because nothing is more satisfying than utterly destroying an opponent by turning weak debuffs into additional damage. Players like @EscapeArtist51 and @LeoRavus are basically comparing a tank to a high DPS attacker like Rey. First off these players have different roles if you want all the characters "reworked" into high DPS machines you're basically ruining the variety in the game. If you want an orange get an orange, dont get an apple and b**** about the difference. I have no doubt a 7 star Vader will be in top teams as well as effectively bolster the viability of Empire teams. Furthermore I expect to see many more people running potency/tenacity teams in the future if DoT gets out of hand.
  • Options

Your strange words benghazi me.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think people underestimate Vader and also misuse him. He's simply not an arena player. There are far better tanks but he fits his role perfectly; he applies negative status effects and his culling blade is geared as a set-up attack to dole massive damage to a single enemy. I always use this guy on challenges, not for arena because he's not tailored for that sort of gameplay. Appreciate @Smapty and his defense for Vader because nothing is more satisfying than utterly destroying an opponent by turning weak debuffs into additional damage. Players like @EscapeArtist51 and @LeoRavus are basically comparing a tank to a high DPS attacker like Rey. First off these players have different roles if you want all the characters "reworked" into high DPS machines you're basically ruining the variety in the game. If you want an orange get an orange, dont get an apple and b**** about the difference. I have no doubt a 7 star Vader will be in top teams as well as effectively bolster the viability of Empire teams. Furthermore I expect to see many more people running potency/tenacity teams in the future if DoT gets out of hand.

So..He's a tank then? Thanks for clarifying that. So let's see, who does Vader actually help protect from damage? You wanna call him a bruiser? Cause that's more accurate. You can't throw him in the category of Royal guard and Han, cause he doesn't protect anyone from anything, he's an awful toon now that I think about it.

So let's compare him to savage and fives, since they're the closest comparisons. Two more average toons, fives has counters, more hp, a little less speed, low damage. Savage has a death blow move, buffs from being attacked, and turn meter gain from being attacked. ALL Vader has is... CULLING BLADE? Seriously? DARTH VADER, has nothing in his kit. He is awful. Rey can do his damage with ONE leverage, and gain foresight, and not require any set up. So why even bother using Vader, why bother putting 3 toons together just to help him. He's garbage and he needs a buff, he's even worse than fives and savage.

• Options
    Vader is better than many toons...
  • Options
    lovecheese wrote: »
    Vader is better than many toons...
    Yeah he is, ugnaught, mob enforcer, darth maul, Jedi knight guardian.
  • Options

So..He's a tank then? Thanks for clarifying that. So let's see, who does Vader actually help protect from damage? You wanna call him a bruiser? Cause that's more accurate. You can't throw him in the category of Royal guard and Han, cause he doesn't protect anyone from anything, he's an awful toon now that I think about it.

So let's compare him to savage and fives, since they're the closest comparisons. Two more average toons, fives has counters, more hp, a little less speed, low damage. Savage has a death blow move, buffs from being attacked, and turn meter gain from being attacked. ALL Vader has is... CULLING BLADE? Seriously? DARTH VADER, has nothing in his kit. He is awful. Rey can do his damage with ONE leverage, and gain foresight, and not require any set up. So why even bother using Vader, why bother putting 3 toons together just to help him. He's garbage and needs a rework, and he's even worse than fives and savage.

Quote for truth. I dont get what people are trying to prove with screenshots from perfect scenarios. The design with dots into culling blade will never work with the ai on defense, why even bother when dds like Rey, Leia and Geo can do the same damage without setup and bring additional utility to the table. Same thing with raids, dots dont work well in comparison to other team comps with the tenacity of the bosses. Challenges? Cmon, everyone who freshly hit 72 can auto the last tier of it.

Sad that the most iconic movie villain ever has such a bad designed tool kit. The auto attack should hit hard and he should have force choke, turn the saber throw into a dispell or smth. How Vader fights in this game has nothing to do with how he is presented in movies, the series or other non-canon sources. Having a character need 2-3 support characters and even a leadership on top of it to do compareable damage like other characters who fullfill the same "attacker role" without any support is just flawed game design in general. And i highly doubt this is the case because he is only 6-stars and not 7-stars, the numbers dont jump a ridiclous amount from just one upgrade.