Enhance the forum experience.

The forum is where many..or some of us spend our time when not playing, but it's just so hard to find topics at times, as they're buried in seemingly random places. To better enhance the forum, what's the chances of getting sub-categories in other sections?

Sections could include: Player Factions (Jedi, Empire, Sith, etc) and Event Strategy under "Squad and Character Strategy".

@BentWookiee, @ShaolinPunk, @J0K3R, or others, I know you have a lot on your plate, but could or would any of you consider taking the time to doing something like this?

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya..
    I love the fact that you put in a thoughtful suggestion.. In all honesty we are doing the best we can to get people to post in the proper sections as it is.

If I move a thread now.. I am accused of trying to "bury" it. (even though I move it to a place where it pertains and the group that are responsible will easier see it.)

I honestly do not know if more segmentation would be helpful or do harm.

I will suggest it.
  • Options
    Yes, sometimes it's difficult to accept when a thread gets moved - everyone wants to be heard, and sometimes that's hard when you're not on the front page of Gen Discussion. I think if there were dedicated sections for specific event strategy, people might use them, as long as they weren't cluttered and people kept on topic. And for example, I, and several others, follow an Empire thread in Squad and Character Strategy - I'm sure others would do the same if the Faction specific threads were easier to locate.

Either way, thanks for the consideration!

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Have more sub categories seems better than merged threads, as merged threads are really hard to find any feedback from. However, any new subcategories need to be more visible. The ones in the feedback section Stent even visible until you click feedback.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Have more sub categories seems better than merged threads, as merged threads are really hard to find any feedback from. However, any new subcategories need to be more visible. The ones in the feedback section Stent even visible until you click feedback.

I think with a slight re-org and a little time, people would get accustomed to it. The hardest part, as stated, is getting people used to having their threads moved without them accusing you of being a communist.