Je gear 10...is it worth it?

Bjpac04
119 posts Member
Title says it all.

Running droids hk 88 86 je and rg. Je is gear 9 but requires 2 stun cuffs, mk6 nubian and mk5 Droid caller. Seems pretty steep for about 3300 protection.

Has anyone done this and have you noticed a difference? Thx

Replies

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Hes pretty squishy and right now he gains absolutely no DPS from his stats, so up to you.

I jammed it right away and definitely don't regret it but it's not cheap.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't bother. All of JE's best attributes don't really care about the gear. He's speed up doesn't care about gear at all and is his single most important ability to be on a droid team. He's rez also doesn't care about gear since the heal is based of each characters health value and not JE's. He's bomb is effected by gear but not nearly as much as simply leveling the ability and often times the targets with the bomb will be killed off before they explode. A little more health and protection can be useful since he's so soft, but hes not likely to stick around that much longer to be worth sinking all those resources into. I'm more then likely just going to keep mine at G9 unless it rains gear or something else major changes.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    He's bomb is effected by gear but not nearly as much as simply leveling the ability and often times the targets with the bomb will be killed off before they explode.

Thermals are not affected by stats.
  • Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't bother. All of JE's best attributes don't really care about the gear. He's speed up doesn't care about gear at all and is his single most important ability to be on a droid team. He's rez also doesn't care about gear since the heal is based of each characters health value and not JE's. He's bomb is effected by gear but not nearly as much as simply leveling the ability and often times the targets with the bomb will be killed off before they explode. A little more health and protection can be useful since he's so soft, but hes not likely to stick around that much longer to be worth sinking all those resources into. I'm more then likely just going to keep mine at G9 unless it rains gear or something else major changes.

Yea that was my mind set looking at it. The gear requirements for gear 10 is so much and protection gain isn't much. Thx for the input
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    He's bomb is effected by gear but not nearly as much as simply leveling the ability and often times the targets with the bomb will be killed off before they explode.

Thermals are not affected by stats.

Really? I would've thought they were either physical or special. Well in that case there's even less reason to gear up past G9. He already always goes first so any additional speed buff would be meh, and his health and protection are also so low that small bumps won't make much of a difference. The only real useful thing I can think of is if he can gain more potency as I have the bombs resisted sometimes. Still not worth the investment under the current gear structure. There are way more character that would get much better use out of those pieces.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I recently upgraded my JE to gear 10 (7*) and am very glad I did it. I run hk(l), 88, gg, b2, JE.

True the absolute difference from 8k to 11k protection is not huge, but more significantly it gave je more hp+protection than gg or 88, which means AI will not target JE to start (AI generally focuses on the weakest toon, but not exclusively so). Previously, JE was targeted first which meant he never got a heal off...now gg and 88 are targeted first and I finish most battles with JE still having half his protection left. Some battles he is not targeted once. This means over the course of the match he can recalibrate twice and patch up twice, which makes a huge difference.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Only for the extra protection. The extra potency at 10 made zero noticeable difference with his bombs being resisted. They get resisted just as much as ever. Resisted AND dodged. I hope it's reworked soon.
  • Options
    opu120 wrote: »
    I recently upgraded my JE to gear 10 (7*) and am very glad I did it. I run hk(l), 88, gg, b2, JE.

True the absolute difference from 8k to 11k protection is not huge, but more significantly it gave je more hp+protection than gg or 88, which means AI will not target JE to start (AI generally focuses on the weakest toon, but not exclusively so). Previously, JE was targeted first which meant he never got a heal off...now gg and 88 are targeted first and I finish most battles with JE still having half his protection left. Some battles he is not targeted once. This means over the course of the match he can recalibrate twice and patch up twice, which makes a huge difference.

I think I ran into your team in gw. Thanks for ruining my day.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    JE has an extra +6 speed slot between gear level 10 & 11. If you don't fill your's, good luck against other JE droid teams that have.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Faff2D2 wrote: »
    JE has an extra +6 speed slot between gear level 10 & 11. If you don't fill your's, good luck against other JE droid teams that have.

Good point, forgot about that. 147 speed base to 153 with the Mk6 Nubian Design Tech at gear 10, along with damage, agility, intelligence boosts.
  • BubsSolo
    54 posts Member
    Options
    I upgraded mine and am glad i did. AI does not target him like they did at gear 9. That extra speed comes in handy vs the other droid teams and level 90 cap is just around the corner...you will upgrade need to him regardless.
  • Options
    If you can spare it gear him. Makes a difference on defense too. One extra shot or two the enemy has to waste on taking him out allows your droids time to do their work. And then of course I insta win against other droid teams without 10 geared JE.
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Options
    Faff2D2 wrote: »

You also need this to stay ahead of the Ackbar lead if you run RG.