New to Forums - Advice

JediMasterGibs
421 posts Member
edited January 2016
First of all, Hello Everyone!!!

I'm glad to join the forums for this fantastic game. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I mean it. I'm not some mainstreamer. I have a tattoo of the Jedi Order symbol on my arm, I can actually tell you the 7 forms of Lightsaber combat, and other obscure information haha. Random Fact, my favorite character(from the story, not the game) is Obi-wan. His Stoicism in the face of everything makes him a fantastic character, as well as his shear knowledge of the force, and ability to turn defense into offense (only Jedi able to stop Grievious anyone?).

Onto the game stuff.

I've been playing for a few weeks (joined when they were giving out shards for FOTP), and it's quite different than a lot of other freemium games I've played. I've used shards on pulling characters, but I've come to realize that they're almost put to better use refilling energy. I'd consider myself still learning, but I've moved quite far through the game. I'm F2P, and I'm learning that Gear Level 7 is a huge pain. The items don't drop, and getting to the level that do drop these items is actually becoming a challenge. Currently focusing on Sidious, Barriss, Ima for GL. I'm level 54, Arena Rank hovers around 180-350

Characters
Phasma - 5*, GL 7
Sidious - 5* - GL 6
Talia - 5* - GL 6
Barriss - 4*, GL 6
Ima-Gin - 4*, GL 6
Poe - 4*, GL 5
Chewbacca - 4*, GL 5
Aayla - 3*, GL 5
Jedi Consular - 3*, GL 6
Jawa - 3*, GL 5
Asajj - 3*, GL 5
FO Stormtrooper - 3*, GL 4
Geonosian Soldier - 2*, GL 5
Ahsoka -2*, GL4
FOTP - 1*, GL 5
Clone Trooper, Snowtrooper, Royal Guard, Ewok Scout, Resistant Pilot, Teebo, IG-86 (largely untouched)

Questions
Any good squads that stand out?
Any specific people I should work on?

Thanks everyone for all the help!!

Replies

• Options
    wow, what a welcome! Humbly bumping this post to maybe get 1 answer... :D
  • Options
    I think, in the future, Jawas and Ewoks will be the meta, completely overshadowing Jedi, Sith and other Force adepts. Put all your money into Jawacorp and Confederated Ewok stocks.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    Welcome! My advice is to go through the forum and lurk/read for answers. Nice roster of characters.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'd keep spending arena shards on Sidious, Cantina on Poe. You've already got them going, may add well strengthen.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    I think, in the future, Jawas and Ewoks will be the meta, completely overshadowing Jedi, Sith and other Force adepts. Put all your money into Jawacorp and Confederated Ewok stocks.
    Absolutely, totally agree haha.
    Rolf wrote: »
    I'd keep spending arena shards on Sidious, Cantina on Poe. You've already got them going, may add well strengthen.
    Good advice, I'll focus on these guys. Is asajj, or Ashoka worth the time? I've kind of put a hold on them to work on my top 5-6 characters.

Any one have any advice on just how long it takes to farm some items for the upper gear levels? It's looking like a weeks worth of energy for some. It's getting intense.