Rey or JE first?

RogueHS
148 posts Member
I'm running a droid team on an alt account, should I be pouring all my raid coins into Rey shards or JE? Rey seems mandatory for raiding but I'm unsure if that is the case with HK/IG bros. thanks for the help.

Replies

• TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    I would go with JE then. You already seem decided to take this route. If you have no real usage for Rey, don't force her. Although she is kind of must have these days.
  • Options
    Normally Rey 100%, but for a droid team you HAVE to have JE. You will see a huge upgrade in your squad. Your arena team will thank you. But droids are not that useful in raids.

So it depends on if you want to first focus on raids or arena.
  • RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    Options
    I made the account to be better focused on raids/end game. Going with the normal GS/Qui Gon in cantina. You have to have some sort of team to carry you to the late game though and droids seem easy to me for arena payouts and dark side missions/droid events. It seems difficult to make an all star raid team during the early game days (pre lvl 70) since you usually need Phasma and Teebo and be able to omega QG.

I guess unlock JE first then focus on Rey? I've seen people say that they do fine with just a 4* JE.
  • Options
    Rey should be priority. Even in a droid team she would be good, she's good anywhere and you won't regret it.

• Options
    JE is fine with 4* but with gear 9. Don't listen to people saying to get rey over je. Rey is better than je overall but droids are useless without je, great with them in the current meta. It's about team build not toons in a vacuum.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Why would you ever put Rey instead of JE in a droid team? Lmao!
  • Options
    Normally Rey 100%, but for a droid team you HAVE to have JE. You will see a huge upgrade in your squad. Your arena team will thank you. But droids are not that useful in raids.

Rubbish, droids are great in raids. They do huge damage. A team of high level HK, 86, 88, JE and Ackbar can do 1 mill damage in stage one lvl 5. Half that in lvl 6.
  • RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Because Rey is Rey. My intent in asking was to see if JE was worth farming over her since of course Rey is the best toon in the game.

• RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Mufkatar wrote: »

Rubbish, droids are great in raids. They do huge damage. A team of high level HK, 86, 88, JE and Ackbar can do 1 mill damage in stage one lvl 5. Half that in lvl 6.

This is what I was thinking as well. Droids seem very good to get you through t4-t6 until you can get Teebo, Qui Gon, and Phasma geared well.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    RogueHS wrote: »

Because Rey is Rey. My intent in asking was to see if JE was worth farming over her since of course Rey is the best toon in the game.

Can she taunt better than Han tho?
  • RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    Options

Rey has pseudo taunt in every team she is in lol. I know what you mean though.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Rey has pseudo taunt in every team she is in lol. I know what you mean though.

Yup. I mean...if somebody would ask me to choose one attacker it would probably be Rey. Actually it will be GS for me, but that is another story. :) But if somebody would make me choose between Rey and Yoda, QGJ, Han or even Phasma she would lose every time. Damage without additional contribution is replaceable, that's all i am saying. So it's hard for me to consider her the best toon in the game.