How are you preparing?

Just had the in game splash come up with the lvl cap increasing to 70.

What are you doing in preparation?

Personally I'm maxing out my top 5 then starting to save credits and droids ready for when the updates hits!

Replies

• Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Building different stuff. Bye bye 7* maxed Sid, IG-88 and Luke. Good job guys, you did great.
    Heya sup 3* ungeared Fives, Savage and Tusken Raider. Welcome to the team! I'm sure you will be a valuable replacement for those maxed low hp guys.
    Edit: Let's see if Barriss didn't get "Barriss'ed" that hard after all and makes a comeback at 70. +1200 Hp for Jedi / +600 Hp for Non-Jedis a pop doesn't sound too shabby. In addition to the stacked Team Hp + those huge Equalizations. Assuming those stats are somewhat accurate.
  • Options
    The most interesting rhing is effect of the cap on character ability level 7 or 8 and gear level 8 or XI. No all chars will have enough luck to go to IX or level 8 ability. Also, are there any WOW abilities unlocked at Level 7 or 8? How do some stats affect chars? The raise acentuates whatever current char strength and make each strategy even more extreme damage. Extreme aoe, extreme dos, extream time meter mangling, etc.
  • Options
    Don't know what you are talking
    Without heal block you can't kill a single tank as lum can heal much after that
  • Options
    This is how I am preparing myself

lol.jpg
  • Options
    I just keep plugging along. I am making sure all my A and B teams are max level and have prioritized who will get the new gear first, second and third. I have stockpiled training droids. However $$ remains elusive, I have 2 "project toons" waiting to go from 6-7 stars and Daka about to pop 7 tomorrow. With the Sunday events and Challenges I will use the $ to pad my bank. Though knowing the way I am I will probably blow a million on Daka. :/
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Alecation wrote: »

lol.jpg

Best post ever!!! Made me spit my water out I laughed so hard. That is totally me.

I prepared by grinding the epic gears of my top toons beforehand so I can just level and equip. I also have been farming lots of hard nodes for shards. I haven't saved any credits or tokens as I constantly try to expand my lineup. I may regret that around level 63 tho lol.
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    Alecation wrote: »

lol.jpg

Best post ever!!! Made me spit my water out I laughed so hard. That is totally me.

I prepared by grinding the epic gears of my top toons beforehand so I can just level and equip. I also have been farming lots of hard nodes for shards. I haven't saved any credits or tokens as I constantly try to expand my lineup. I may regret that around level 63 tho lol.

Same - I'm still building combinations. I haven't hoarded. We will all be at lvl 70 soon enough and I'll evaluate as we go what of my roster I want to focus on initially. I'm keeping the focus on having a diverse and flexible roster long-term that can adapt to various meta combinations and changes. If I get behind a bit at initial cap level increase so be it. Level 70 isn't end game anyway - I'm not going to change the approach based on the next stopping point. I like broadening the roster as you can get a better feel for the overall game and what really is meta.
  • Options
    Another point worth mentioning. As i said some time ago: The majority probably WILL want that Poe, at least at 5* ( 6* is better , 7* is King ). No matter the squad.
  • Options
    Darivon wrote: »
    Another point worth mentioning. As i said some time ago: The majority probably WILL want that Poe, at least at 5* ( 6* is better , 7* is King ). No matter the squad.

I disagree, Poe is difficult the first couple of times you face him, (Right now there is someone running a high level Poe, Leia, Rey team that is a fun fight. :/ 0 )

The counter to that is speed, stun, block or debuff, and early heal. With the level increase that will not change.

• WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options

I disagree and this is my reasoning. Poe is niche much like Fives. Both very awesome characters and skill sets but also they both require a certain synergy to shine. I personally am not a believer in a beat all synergy. I believe strength in this game lies within diversity and the ability to adapt to every situation. If every team I designed had to include Poe or any other character for that matter to be effective then I am not really playing the game to it's full potential. If that makes any sense lol.
  • Options
    I like to level characters I like no matter if they suck (cad Bane, 4* Vader) lol, of course I do have my arena team, if Yoda comes out.. ill try to get him and level him up no matter if he sux
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    [img][/img]2ep7k1x.png

[img][/img]2hziirk.png

This is how I prepare.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    [img][/img]2ep7k1x.png
    This is how I prepare.

I see that 5* Rey! Grats man.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    EM650 wrote: »
    [img][/img]2ep7k1x.png
    This is how I prepare.

I see that 5* Rey! Grats man.

Thanks, I have been trying to level up her abilities, but the purple pentagon ability mats have been hard to come by.
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @WhipiT Heh don't worry it makes sense and i do understand you. To be honest, despite all the praise i say about Poe: i don't even use him in my main squad *laugh. ( Maybe cause he is just at 5*) It's just cause i have to be able to beat various strong combos like QGJ + Ben or FOTP + Leia for that Rank 1 and with my (limited) roster there are (for me) better options to achieve that goal atm. You are not wrong and JSA is right Poe is rather one dimensional. I do think that he is a great toon tho (especially on defense)! Heads and shoulders above a lot of the competition.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    @WhipiT Heh don't worry it makes sense and i do understand you. To be honest, despite all the praise i say about Poe: i don't even use him in my main squad *laugh. ( Maybe cause he is just at 5*) It's just cause i have to be able to beat various strong combos like QGJ + Ben or FOTP + Leia for that Rank 1 and with my (limited) roster there are (for me) better options to achieve that goal atm. You are not wrong and JSA is right Poe is rather one dimensional. I do think that he is a great toon tho (especially on defense)! Heads and shoulders above a lot of the competition.

Absolutely. I'm farming Poes stars myself. I think he is going to make certain synergies extremely hard to beat.
  • Options
    I'm uninstalling the game so that I can focus on my competitive Flappy Bird career.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"