Speed down characters

Jaden
162 posts Member
Hey all so now that the storm has passed so to speak, I was wondering if you could help me find characters that have a good chance to inflict speed down. I don't seem to have very many or at least none that I have upgraded to the point where speed down is present. The 2 that I have right now are fives and royal guard. Who else is good and dishing out speed down?

Replies

• Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    banjo1071 wrote: »

Very nice! Thank you! Just curious out of all of these who seems to land speed down more often? I'm thinking jawa and resistance trooper? Besides fives, Royal guard and phasma.
  • banjo1071
    312 posts Member
    Options
    That is very hard to say:

Phasma has the highest potency, but has a long CD
    Fives has a low potency, but has it in his basic.
    Some apply Speed down for 1 turn, others for two

Also importantant the tenacity of the target.

I personaly use phasma AND Fives in raids, but other are equally good (but i dont have them ready)
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I saw a video of someone soloing phase 1 using Jawa for speed down. The captain had speed down the entire time.
  • banjo1071
    312 posts Member
    Options
    Cap. Piggy hast a rather lot tenacity, opposing to rancy-boy
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    banjo1071 wrote: »
    That is very hard to say:

Phasma has the highest potency, but has a long CD
    Fives has a low potency, but has it in his basic.
    Some apply Speed down for 1 turn, others for two

Also importantant the tenacity of the target.

I personaly use phasma AND Fives in raids, but other are equally good (but i dont have them ready)

Ya that's who I mainly use as well! thats actually the reason I'm trying to find more speed down characters especially for the rancor since he is quite the fatty and loves to eat. I need more speed down toons to fill his appetite.
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    I saw a video of someone soloing phase 1 using Jawa for speed down. The captain had speed down the entire time.

Yes I actually was looking at the jawa too but I think I may try for the first order storm trooper because he has his built in counter too
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have jawa g10 with highest potency available. He is still too unpredictable to replace phasma as best speed down on p1. Too often doesn't it even go off bc it's only 50% chance and he gets resisted on top of that.
    Plus with phasma in team you deal more damage overall. With her I manage to stay in round 15 until captain is down to 80% before he gets a turn.

With jawa I'm always down to turn 10-12 when I get to 80% and that's with fairly amount of rng involved.

Upcoming good toons for speed down could be Dengar and fives. With mods and increased potency five could be VERY lethal. Three key elements in p1 is tm manipulation, speed down and assist and he has two of those.

Dengar is a toon I've yet to try maxed (obviously) but he has so much potential. Will see if he can replace phasma and her beloved victory march.
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    ubn87 wrote: »
    I have jawa g10 with highest potency available. He is still too unpredictable to replace phasma as best speed down on p1. Too often doesn't it even go off bc it's only 50% chance and he gets resisted on top of that.
    Plus with phasma in team you deal more damage overall. With her I manage to stay in round 15 until captain is down to 80% before he gets a turn.

With jawa I'm always down to turn 10-12 when I get to 80% and that's with fairly amount of rng involved.

Upcoming good toons for speed down could be Dengar and fives. With mods and increased potency five could be VERY lethal. Three key elements in p1 is tm manipulation, speed down and assist and he has two of those.

Dengar is a toon I've yet to try maxed (obviously) but he has so much potential. Will see if he can replace phasma and her beloved victory march.

Ya for phase 1 it's phasma all the way. I'm more concerned about when the rancor starts eating toons and my speed down toons get taken out. I need more to take their spot.

• ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Jaden wrote: »

Ya for phase 1 it's phasma all the way. I'm more concerned about when the rancor starts eating toons and my speed down toons get taken out. I need more to take their spot.

Okay, well I don't know how it is for you guys but usually when we do p2-3 in t7 we only get one try in before rancors health is zero per phase.

But if you have a good team yeah maybe, you could go for two doors on one try at rancor.
    But with rancors high tenacity it's almost impossible to land speed down except when he is stunned by door. And in t7 it's really hard to have rancor alive for so long that you get to stun him twice.

One last advice too, don't go for speed down with first order stoormtrooper. He only have 30% potency, one of the lowest in game. He won't land speed down so often and certainly not on rancor bc of high tenacity.
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Jaden wrote: »

Okay, well I don't know how it is for you guys but usually when we do p2-3 in t7 we only get one try in before rancors health is zero per phase.

But if you have a good team yeah maybe, you could go for two doors on one try at rancor.
    But with rancors high tenacity it's almost impossible to land speed down except when he is stunned by door. And in t7 it's really hard to have rancor alive for so long that you get to stun him twice.

One last advice too, don't go for speed down with first order stoormtrooper. He only have 30% potency, one of the lowest in game. He won't land speed down so often and certainly not on rancor bc of high tenacity.

Ya we have a smaller guild so about 20 of us and only 5-6 above lvl70 including myself so I usually last 2 doors with this set up. Also that's good to know about the FOST. Looking at that site, he was tied with the jawa for potency so I figured he might be better with his counter attack.