Retreat Strategy for Galactic War

So we all know the retreat strategy for GW, and while it has helped me win my only war, it can take a tone of time and at this point i the teams are too good for my B team. I have started to go back to the old strategy where u just put in all your A squad, and just use everyone else under 2K power to abosb fire from the start.
So i use the retreat after the first turn but im not going crazy like i used to where i would retereat like 5 times a game.
I feel like my A squad is killing any team in their path and since sid is always targeted, he gets his health right back. I usually make it through the first 6 fights without anyone on my A squad falling below 80%. And its a lot faster

So what strategy do u guys like better?
-retreat a bunch and use a B and A team
-use **** guys at the start and then A team

Replies

• Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    I just go in from the start with my A team. None of this retreating malarkey
  • Options
    What is retreat? I've tappend every spot on screen and tried all menu buttons and can't find an option to retreat...
  • Options
    I like to use my A team and when I know I have the fight in the bag, just use basic attacks so all my heals and special move countdowns are ready for the next match. If I lose a good player I sub in a replacement of the same type (healer / dps).
  • Options
    The only times I retreat is when poe taunts, old ben debuffs, or dooku manages to stun an important member of my team, other than that my A team breezes through GW
  • Cleaner
    192 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just retreat when someone is about to die, save lowest DPS enemy for last, put back in damaged character, heal up and then finish match! Using A team. Top priority: keeping all my healers alive
  • Options
    murton09 wrote: »
    What is retreat? I've tappend every spot on screen and tried all menu buttons and can't find an option to retreat...

I would like to know this as well.But no one says anything about it, except they use it.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I would like to know this as well.But no one says anything about it, except they use it.

When you are in combat and only AFTER one of your members has taken damage, you select the gear wheel in the top left of the screen (options) and the bottom option is "retreat"

This will reset the entire match. Key notes below:
    1. Retreating will not reset RNG. The battles are 100% scripted. Example: If you use dooku to try and stun Luminara and she doesn't get stunned, then she will never be stunned no matter how many retreats you perform. The ability will always not stun, deal the same damage, etc. Try it out, if you attack the same people with the same abilities the A.I. will always perform the same actions.
    2. #1 scripted battles can be altered slightly by changing characters out (replace a character, not re-arrange). This will reroll RNG, and you can potentially stun with Dooku now.
    3. Re-arranging characters only keeps the same scripted events, but can alter the outcome of attacks (your dooku will still not stun in example #1, but if the A.I. was focus firing someone in a specific spot, they will no longer focus fire that person if they have been swapped).
    4. You may only retreat after one of your toons has been attacked. This means if you bring in a suicide squad who dies in a single aoe, you cannot retreat as you have been defeated. It is possible to be one shot and not retreat, so be careful on who you suicide with.

This is why most people find GW not very fun. If you are getting wrecked, you just keep resetting until you find the scripted event path that leads to the best result. RNG is pre-rolled prior to actual combat.
    Post edited by Toukai on
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »

When you are in combat and only AFTER one of your members has taken damage, you select the gear wheel in the top left of the screen (options) and the bottom option is "retreat"

This will reset the entire match. Key notes below:
    1. Retreating will not reset RNG. The battles are 100% scripted. Example: If you use dooku to try and stun Luminara and she doesn't get stunned, then she will never be stunned no matter how many retreats you perform. The ability will always not stun, deal the same damage, etc. Try it out, if you attack the same people with the same abilities the A.I. will always perform the same actions.
    2. #1 scripted battles can be altered slightly by changing characters out (replace a character, not re-arrange). This will reroll RNG, and you can potentially stun with Dooku now.
    3. Re-arranging characters only keeps the same scripted events, but can alter the outcome of attacks (your dooku will still not stun in example #1, but if the A.I. was focus firing someone in a specific spot, they will no longer focus fire that person if they have been swapped).
    4. You may only retreat after one of your toons has been attacked. This means if you bring in a suicide squad who dies in a single aoe, you cannot retreat as you have been defeated. It is possible to be one shot and not retreat, so be careful on who you suicide with.

This is why most people find GW not very fun. If you are getting wrecked, you just keep resetting until you find the scripted event path that leads to the best result. RNG is pre-rolled prior to actual combat.

Thank you very much. This is the first usefull post I find in this forum. Much apreciated.