Why so many game mysteries?

Rolf
1032 posts Member
edited December 2015
There's a lot of aspects to the game that seem more hidden than they should be. This leads to lots of rumors and speculation, with no one really knowing how the game works. Anyone actually know the answers to these questions? And Devs, please respond with the answers to some of these for us so we can enjoy things more!

Allies:
-There's no way to know which of your characters are available to Allies, and what you have to do to make them available. This whole mechanism is mysterious, for no reason.
-There's no way to know which of your Allies' characters are available to you. You can't even tell what characters they own apart from the highest level one. Clicking on their icon should show you their character inventory.
-There's no way to know which Allies are borrowing your characters. There should be a notification of some sort that tells you "Congrats, you got 20 points from .... using your ...."
-There's no way to know which Allies are even active at all anymore. There should be a field that tells you when their last login was.
-Why can't we talk to them? They're our allies.

Data Cards:
-We don't know the odds of pulling anything. If not being told the odds for individual characters (which we should know), we should at least be told what the odds are for each tier, and the odds of getting a full character vs. shards vs. gear.

Battles:
-Can we know the odds of the different rewards? At least for the character shards?

Feel free to add your own question here!
My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
Post edited by Rolf on

Replies

• Options
    Ranks - rank is based on beating the person at that rank. No scores, no mystery.

Allies - agreed. It needs development beyond the randomness of ally toon availability.

Data Cards - these freemiun games are all like this. They never give out odds (mainly because its crapshoot).

Battles - we can ask. Doubt they will tell. HoDA still doesn't tell their player base the odds of a battle pull.
  • Options
    I believe Allies are based on a few factors from my limited experiences so far. The hero that shows up is based on your last used one that fits the criteria for the given situation. If you are running force maps and use an ally, their last equipped force leader should show up. It's likely based on which hero is in the leader slot.

Any of your questions about odds aren't generally revealed by mobile game makers. I believe this is due to how often the odds may change based on the needs of the business.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Phyneas wrote: »
    Ranks - rank is based on beating the person at that rank. No scores, no mystery.
    Thanks for that, removing from the OP. I thought that little number in the corner of the target choice boxes had some sort of point value meaning.

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Amen! More forward facing stats and information would be a blessing. You can see a few details when adding an ally, but can't see your own record. Let's start there.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • R0BP0CALYPSE
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I can guarantee you they will never tell you the drop rates of characters from chromium grabs.

As for the Allie system, it has a long way to go. It would be great if we weren't forced to come to the forums just to get allies. We should be able to search within the game to find people our level who have characters we want to use. It would also be nice if we could know anything at all about this player before and after we add them besides just their name and leader for one side.
  • Options
    Galaxy of Heroes, as it stands now, my young explorers, is like spying a hole through the infinite, beauty of the cosmos with merely a telescope bought at a local superstore. Imagine the lens needed to scour the finite space allowed even through the power of such a wide and expansive view and knowledge to really enjoy and comprehend the density of the existence as a whole? Now, imagine the only available means of seeing the universe is through that singular lens, or through the eyes only. The image is beautiful, the vast expanse of space is vast, but the knowledge is little and far between. What is that? Where is this? Why? How? When?

Galileo once shared your curiosity, but unfortunately he did not have the foresight to know that the knowledge of the universe would slowly, if only at first, and soon rapidly trickle down like cosmic rainfall upon the minds of us all. Had he known we would know, would he care to? He enjoyed exploring the vast universe when he was the first one to really ponder it outside the box of human willful ignorance. Don't be the astrologer and make up your reasons for the mystery, the images you see that have yet to be known, but like Galileo seek it out for your self with careful patience and childlike wonder. However, unlike he, know that all your answers will come flooding into the palms of your hands, with the sand of time.

May The Force be with you.
This discussion has been closed.