Droid Team

Was gonna build a droid team for when they update the game & add a defense mechanic to it I was thinking

HK-47 - Leader
Poe
Poggle
IG-88
IG-86 or IG-100 not sure whos better

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    IG86 is muchos better
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Very good team right now, might not be as effective at 70 though I would wait and see if you are just starting to collect
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »
    Very good team right now, might not be as effective at 70 though I would wait and see if you are just starting to collect

Luckily I was planning on farming HK-47 regardless even if I dont build a droid team, & I pulled 86 from a bronzium so i have him unlocked already but yea guess ill wait & see

• Options
    Just got mine together let you know how I role in the next pvp

Poggle (lead) 4*
    Gen soldier 3*
    Ig-86 4*
    Ig-88 4*
    Hk 4*

I might mix it up a bit with hk n pog food lead, not really sure how effective the extra offensive would be.

• Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Speed rules, use Poogle as leader
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Options
    Peanut wrote: »
    Just got mine together let you know how I role in the next pvp

Poggle (lead) 4*
    Gen soldier 3*
    Ig-86 4*
    Ig-88 4*
    Hk 4*

I might mix it up a bit with hk n pog food lead, not really sure how effective the extra offensive would be.

I like Gen Solider too because he hits HARD BUT, The droids have low health figure if I have poe whos a speedy tank I can draw the attention off my droids with his taunt & give em atleast a turn to get an attack off all i need is there first attacks to get off so they can do MASSIVE damage.

• Options
    Dark wrote: »

Yea it was definitely between pog & HK i figure I can also mix it up, Use either or for different scenarios

• Options
    Will this team work?

Hk-47 (lead)

Ig-86

Ig-88

Poe

Luminara
  • Options
    Stig wrote: »
    Will this team work?

Hk-47 (lead)

Ig-86

Ig-88

Poe

Luminara

I actually Like that team because of Lumis healing but if you can get Poggle(hes available in the same shipment as lumis) his ability gives offense up to all allies & speed up if they're droids, this makes the droids lethal they can 1-2hko anything. this way

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Will this team work?

Hk-47 (lead)

Ig-86

Ig-88

Poe

Luminara

Yes it will work just fine, I would wait and see though I think the meta is going to shift again at 70
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »
    Will this team work?

Hk-47 (lead)

Ig-86

Ig-88

Poe

Luminara

Yes it will work just fine, I would wait and see though I think the meta is going to shift again at 70

For me its either a droid team or a first order regardless im gonna work towards both so I have options
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am running a droid team. Managed to get #5 in arena today with my level 53, 16.3k power team.

4* HK-47 gear 7 abilities 5 (leader)
    5* IG-86 gear 7 abilities 5
    5* IG-88 gear 7 abilities 5
    4* Geo gear 7 abilities 5
    4* Poggle gear 6 (7 tonight) abilities 5

They do very well on offense. Can snipe my way up against teams with 2-3k+ more power pretty easily. You want HK in lead for the 20%(goes to 30%) chance to crit and add 30% to turn meter when a crit lands for the droids. Geo also gains 30% turn meter on a crit with his natural ability. They crit a lot, which leads to more turns. It's great when 88 or HK drop an AOE and get multiple crits, it usually fills their turn meter and leads to them going again immediately. And the assist calls often lead to gaining 30% turn meter and more turns.

I like Geo because he is easy to farm, does good damage, good speed, and has good HP. His speed allows him or Poggle to go first. His special ability hits hard, has a quick cool down, and calls an assist. Worst case he calls Pog and they both get a dmg bonus, more likely to call a droid and lead to them possibly getting a crit and helping fill their meter while doing a ton of dmg. His main ability hits decent, and has a good chance to give himself offense up. His natural ability gives Poggle evasion and fills his own turn meter 30% on a crit.

Of course the team doesn't do as well on defense. I have Poe, but only at 3* gear 6. I am torn between farming him up to swap in instead for defense, or go for 5's. 5' is pretty beastly when maxed with his 80% counter chance with 50% more dmg, his special that calls an assist, and his main that applies speed down. Might be great synergy with a droid team. 3 direct damage, assist calling toons, 2 high dmg crit based/boosting AOE toons. All except for 5's gain turn meter on crits. 5's high HP and high counter chance make him a real pain to deal with.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    Dark wrote: »

Speed does rule, that's why you use use HK for the 30% turn meter gain on crits with increased chance to crit on already high crit chance characters. Leads to multiple turns, especially on 88's AOE attack.

Poggle's leader ability gives offense to droids and geonosians, no speed. He is there for the offense up and speed up on his special.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    your original posting (with IG88 over 100 and I think Lumi instead of Poe) has been run by a guy on my server for a couple weeks now who is consistently in top 5. he is the only guy i will not fight after going about 3-10 against him. most of my losses I racked up in anger because i was stubborn and refused to believe how good the group was. even my winning strategy, once i figured one out, only worked 1/2 the time in last 6 fights--if Ventress's dispel didn't wipe enough Poggle's buffs, this usually spelled disaster for me. i can and have beat everyone else in top 10 at least 50% of the matches I face them--but most of those teams are virtually the same and I built to beat them, not the droid assault team. (in fact, i feel like the anti droid teams would be so weak against everyone else, you're not going to see them regularly enough to worry about.)
  • Options
    Lobot might be a good leader option for a droid team.
  • Options
    Yeah, Lobot looks like he might be a good option. The 25 speed will make sure your droids go first, and 10% potency can't hurt. I'm just not sure if it will be better than the extra crit chance and turn meter gain of HK. The downside if you are using Pog is that your droids go before Poggle and don't get the benefit of his special buff until their second turn. He is also hard to farm, hoping I get a lucky bronzium so I can test him.
  • Options
    Lobot's biggest perk is the dispell heal.
  • Options
    I'm farming Lobot and it's a hard road, only 2 nodes and one is 16 energy.

My intention is to continue to farm his shards while I tool up my droids. The heal/debuff is awesome against Vader/Old Ben Teams.

After I get my Phasma to 7* in GW shipments, I'm going to 7* IG-86 there (to go with my HK and 88) then farm Poggle to round out a Lobot lead droid team with Poggle in 5th spot. With the leader ability of Lobot giving a speed boost and Poggle's special adding more, the droids ought to mow down all but the speediest opposition.

The only Guy I don't touch on my server is running a 5* HK led droid team (88 & 86) with Poggle and Geonosian Soldier. He's 1.3 k below me but since he passed about 17k, I have to leave him alone. (I'm now 20.5, he's 19.1, both lvl 60).
    The Geonosians seem nearly impervious to Daka's stun and the droid crit /speed synergy just chops me to pieces.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • NathanK
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm in love with my droids.

HK-Leader
    IG88
    IG86
    Tali as a kind of suicide healer.
    Phasma for the extra turn meter boost and armor pen.

I'm nearly done farming poggle, I'll dump phasma or Tali depending on how I go.

I'm floating around rank 200, with 15,329 power @ level 55. Only two of my 5 have just turned purple.
    The crit damage for 86 is floating around 4k with his secondary ability, it's crazy, then if you get another droid to shoot for his secondary action with this attack you have dished out about 6k easy. At my level it wipes a toon. 88's AOE is also deadly.

I keep coming up against a lot of jedi teams. I love how nice and soft they are, HK's ability to nullify their use with his grenade is fantastic. If I see a Sideous leader I smile.

I'd like to see how the magnaguard will fit in instead of phasma, I've got him unlocked but he is only like two stars so he is not in the team until he gets some (a lot) more shards.

http://i.imgur.com/lURw5ba.jpg
  • Options
    I've been using HK, 88, 86, Lobot, and Fives. Its a fun team to attack with, with their speed and crits and the fact that Fives and 86 both do the phone a friend maneuver they do tons of damage. Since so many people use Sideous Lobot gives me a good dispell heal after Sideos does his special.
  • Options
    Report,
    So I'm sitting around rank 200 with my droid team currently rank 186
    15k juice

Hk lead gear 7 4*
    Ig86 gear 6 5*
    It 88 gear 6 4*
    Pog gear 7 4*
    Gen sol gear 7 3*

Probs my fav team so far not too many faults with it, may swap he old pog for heal or tank, while his buff is good just almost seems a bit useless at times he needs to hit a little harder.
    NathanK wrote: »
    I'm in love with my droids.

HK-Leader
    IG88
    IG86
    Tali as a kind of suicide healer.
    Phasma for the extra turn meter boost and armor pen.

I'm nearly done farming poggle, I'll dump phasma or Tali depending on how I go.

I'm floating around rank 200, with 15,329 power @ level 55. Only two of my 5 have just turned purple.
    The crit damage for 86 is floating around 4k with his secondary ability, it's crazy, then if you get another droid to shoot for his secondary action with this attack you have dished out about 6k easy. At my level it wipes a toon. 88's AOE is also deadly.

I keep coming up against a lot of jedi teams. I love how nice and soft they are, HK's ability to nullify their use with his grenade is fantastic. If I see a Sideous leader I smile.

I'd like to see how the magnaguard will fit in instead of phasma, I've got him unlocked but he is only like two stars so he is not in the team until he gets some (a lot) more shards.

http://i.imgur.com/lURw5ba.jpg

Let me know how you go with the magnaguard, I dear say you be reliying on crits for him to be effective
  • FLIK87
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Perhaps someone has mentioned this but the leadership skill of hk47 means your aoe droids can completely reset their turn meters following each aoe.

With speed buff apparently not working in the first turn, this means the droids team can control the turn meter and smash out a lot of damage in the second third round, attacking twice and winning the battle. Due to this, ig100 might have a place in the lineup and poggle and lobot(omy) may not be the best leaders.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I would like to test a team with HK as lead, 86, 88, IG-100, and storm trooper Han.

They seem slow with Han as the fastest at 121, but if the droids can make it past the first attacks from high speed damage dealers, Han can taunt and the turn meter fun begins.

All droids get 30% increased chance of crits and 30% turn meter gains from crits from HKs leadership.

Han taunts for three rounds, giving droids 30% turn meter and 20% each time he is damaged. His unique ability gives him a 25% chance to reduce each enemy turn meter by 30% at start of each turn, and another 25% chance to remove 10% turn meter when damaged.

IG- 100 has a 45% chance to remove 30% of each enemy turn meter with his special, double chance vs Jedi. The 45% is a bit worriesome though, that means it's more likely not to work than it is to work. Would feel better with 55% or even 50%. It is an AOE so he also has a chance for multiple crits, filling his turn meter and going again immediately like HK and 88 do with their Aoes. His unique gives him an extra 15% crit chance on top of the bonus from HK, and 75% chance for offense down on a crit, dbl chance against Jedi.

The turn meter gains on my droid team now are sick with Geo and Pog instead of Han and 100. With their added turn meter manipulation, both up and down, I think this team could wreak havoc. Might need Poe instead of 86 for his quicker taunt to make it work though...
    Post edited by CptCaveman on