Most Valuable Players

A thread meant as an homage to the toons that have been your favourites and most valuable players thoughout the course of the game. Name five (no need to rank individually) and give a bit of a motivation as to why. I'll start us off.

Qui-Gon Jinn. A toon that as well as the actor playing him has "a very particular set of skills". This one might be my overall favourite. There are few things QGJ isn't good for. With his TM reduction, speed lead, dispelling with offence up, Jedi status and assist he has been a steady player in arena, GW, raiding as well as unlocking Yoda. Truly an amazing toon that is and has been a virtual mainstay in anything I've done so far in game.

Rey. Who doesn't love her? She was one of my earliest chromiums and although I started late with hard node farming her in a serious manner and only finally managed to get her to 7* in the early days of guilds she has been a mainstay as well in arena, GW and raiding. The first character to be fully omegaed she could hold her own at lower star levels in arena like virtually no other. The sheer amount of damage she churns out means as long as you can keep her alive you can turn around virtually any arena match gone sour.

Royal Guard. I always liked him. In fact in Star Wars: the Old Republic I modelled my Sith Juggernaut's appearance on the Royal Guards. Although mine looked better! In fact I always hands down thought I had the best looking toon in game. Although not an early game MVP he became one with his make over. Mine was undergeared and under starred early on but as it became apparent just how good he was I soon rectified that. One of few characters I have actually bought shards for in shipments with crystals. What he really does best is allow your other characters to do what it is they do for as long as possible with his auto taunt. But his basic ability should not be overlooked with it's stun. I run him in a double stun team with Daka and he does his job to perfection.

Grand Master Yoda. When I first got him to 7* at the second of third appearance of the event he slotted in perfectly in my then arena team. This was a few weeks before the protection update and Dooku was everywhere in Arena. With Yoda's allround kit and his Tenacity Up buff he made Dooku lead squads more than bearable. He doesn't currently have a real job in my roster apart from adding squad wide Foresight against the Rancor. But I will never forget one of the most beautifully crafted toons in the game any way. I also don't think he is as bad as some would make him out to be in the damage department. I will always try to keep him geared and look to one day fit him in somewhere again.

Old Daka. Originally my second farm in Cantina. Initially I went for Boba but immediately upon unlocking him I regretted having farmed him instead of her as it became apparent I needed her healing for DS nodes. She went in and out of arena a bit but for a long time now she has been part of my double stun setup that allows me so much control be it in Arena or GW. Usually she is a huge part of me being able to go virtually all the way in GW without losing a single toon. Her high potency double stun (187%), her heal/revive makes my squads tick. Oh and she is one of few sorcerous characters in game which is something I enjoy.

Those are my MVPs. Who are your's?

Replies

• Options
    I and 70 percent of players have the same MVPs.
    Qui gon, Rey, Phasma, Royal guard, and Old man.
  • Options
    Sthan and teebo
  • Options
    Don't be spoiling the community with these extensive motivations and quaint little anecdotes!
  • Options
    1. JKG bc she was the mvp when i fought to get number 2 and has been really helpful with my LS and cantina battles.
    2. Yoda and reason is simple he is a great all-around toon and has been with me since the 1st event and i use him in all modes even in arena( still 1st if i have the time to do battles b4 payout)
    3. Rey i really don't like many disney princesses but in game she is the best offense atm, no need to explain more ;)
    4. Phasma she has been my top leader from the 1st day she was introduced to the game and also great everywhere.
    5. Old daka i got that beauty with a lucky bronzium 1st week i started playing and she is also good everywhere except raid phases 2-4.

Maybe not the same list like most but since i don't like evasion it's what it is. :)
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Plo Koon- the key to my strategy, my team would fall apart without him(first round at least)

QGJ- the only meta toon I farmed, only because I like his character. He is another important part of my strategy

Clone sergeant- my main dps. A highly underrated toon IMHO

Fives- high health and counters mean he puts up a good fight

Yoda- lightning fast and shares buffs

And an Empire team for dark side.

Hipster for the win!(evasion is just boring)

Edit: honorable mention

Darth Maul for getting me through some tough ds battles early on
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    1. JKG bc she was the mvp when i fought to get number 2 and has been really helpful with my LS and cantina battles.

Maybe not the same list like most but since i don't like evasion it's what it is. :)

This is what it is all about! I could give honorable mentions to Ima Gun Di because he was one of my early chromiums and really kicked some backside for me early on. Or Asajj because her AoE resetting was instrumental in clearing DS and Cantina nodes atcoke point.
  • Options
    Plo Koon- the key to my strategy, my team would fall apart without him(first round at least)

QGJ- the only meta toon I farmed, only because I like his character. He is another important part of my strategy

Clone sergeant- my main dps. A highly underrated toon IMHO

Fives- high health and counters mean he puts up a good fight

Yoda- lightning fast and shares buffs

And an Empire team for dark side.

Hipster for the win!(evasion is just boring)

Edit: honorable mention

Darth Maul for getting me through some tough ds battles early on

I like the clone love you've got going!

• Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to add a honourable mention to FO Tie Pilot. Back in the days, I remember getting that guy from some pack, then the monthly shards and boy was I amazed by his double attack... bang bang! double thousand damage! Which was so much better than the rest of my toons (we're talking level 40-50, gear around VI), I immediately hired him for Arena even at 1 or 2 stars, he outclassed all other toons several stars better than him. Also, he had advantage pretty much all the time, was critting like crazy and always hitting twice.
    Then well, you know the story, other toons kept getting better, and he just stayed where he was (impossible farm, underwhelming gear, then an assumed-to-be-buff-turned-nerf later, he mostly remained stuck at 5 stars / level 60 (the then-max) and joined the Antique Shop.

For a more recent story, I really fell for Zam Wesell. Stick some bombs on all enemy toons, then aim, fire! fire! fire! fire! fire! The only toon who takes 5 turns in a row (unfortunately not with the devastating effect you would expect from that feat). Mine is stuck at 4 stars for a while (got that far with 2 chromium pulls, can't get much more), but I'm looking forward to shoot some more Cops in that Scoundrel Event when I see it...
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Rey. Who doesn't love her?

I don't.

Also let's remember that Rey us in 74% of the n°1 teams. RG is in 68 %, QGJ in 64 %.

I'd say MVPs aren't hard to find.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Fives - been in my team since i can remember... won countless battles for me and first choice once leader has been chosen everytime

Rey - Crazy dps enough said

Leia - New additon to the A team and only bettered by Rey in dps (only just as 2nd and 3rd attacks not gauranteed). She can sit in stealth 100% of a battle and pick toons off

Savage - Not in my A team anymore but was second toon i maxed out.. still great asset.. loads of hit points and hits like a truck

Rex - another new addition.. not in my A team and only 5*.. but what ive seen so far im loving it.. working on him more and more and a priority to max when shards farmable !!!

• Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Rey. Who doesn't love her?

I don't.

Also let's remember that Rey us in 74% of the n°1 teams. RG is in 68 %, QGJ in 64 %.

I'd say MVPs aren't hard to find.

No one said MVPs are hard to find. The question was which ones were your's and why :)
  • Options
    Look at @Green_Legend_Ran for example. He will come in here and be all unorthodox is my guess.
  • Options
    By mvp I won't be talking about who is in my arena squad, but just who I like/who has carried me through the game.
    1. Lumi- honestly without her my light side battles would be back on stage 5
    2. Sidious- I know he sucks now but early on he was a beast in dark side
    3. Qgj- had him forever, probably the most solid character in the game
    4. Mace windu- don't question me, but I maxed the guy out minus a scanner at g10. He still sucks but I love him
    5. Yoda- his damage isn't the greatest but man it is hilarious to see old Bens aoe get resisted by everyone
    Rey wasn't on my list because I unlocked her right after guild shipments started, as I was hard node farming her. I love her, but she didn't help early on
  • Options
    Tiggus wrote: »
    For a more recent story, I really fell for Zam Wesell. Stick some bombs on all enemy toons, then aim, fire! fire! fire! fire! fire! The only toon who takes 5 turns in a row (unfortunately not with the devastating effect you would expect from that feat). Mine is stuck at 4 stars for a while (got that far with 2 chromium pulls, can't get much more), but I'm looking forward to shoot some more Cops in that Scoundrel Event when I see it...

I wish she had been released to guild shop instead of Dengar. Although he is kewl on his own I really enjoy her aesthetics and she is really the one to bring the Scoundrels with thermals together. Ever since gearing and starring characters up for the Credit Heist event I have enjoyed running a team of Scoundrels where I can and she would have slotted in perfectly.

• Options

I like to keep my Sidious up there with the goody toons simply because of nostalgia and because he was such a good toon way back when. The day he gets a bit of potency he will be waiting in the wings to see if he can be making an impact again.
  • Options

I like to keep my Sidious up there with the goody toons simply because of nostalgia and because he was such a good toon way back when. The day he gets a bit of potency he will be waiting in the wings to see if he can be making an impact again.

Until recent gw updates i always had him as D squad leader and he often carried me to 6-9th node back when it was crazy hard. Also my 1st 7* toon and back-in-the-days mvp but didn't have room on my top5. :)
  • Options
    Ewok Elder is my everything. After he gives my entire team turn meter, removes all debuffs, heals and revives my characters, he leaps out of my phone and we cuddle every night. Oh EE, where would I be without you.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    There are so many fun characters, but if I had to narrow it down my five would be;
    -Lando Calrissian, even with defeat at hand he can get clutch victories with his awesome special
    -Captain Phasma, who is arguably the best support you could put on a team, a good leader too
    -Captain Rex, for his great turn meter increase and team support with his abilities
    -Arc trooper Fives, for sticking it out and winning against all odds
    -Royal Guard, for taking on tough opponents and dishing out stuns consistently
    Honorable mention for Rey for being the best character in the game and murdering supports in one shot.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll play.

Ventress: Yeah, she's slow as *censored*, but she was my first Arena farm. Back then (early december) everyone had a Sid so I simply said nah and went for her instead. I had no idea who the night sisters were but thought it sounded cool. She stayed in my Arena as I battled my way up to the top, and she and the other nightsisters were my A-team in GW from level 40 to 70. Now she's not doing anything else than collecting dust or feeding the Rancor, but still a cool toon.

Lando: I went for him the minute he became farmable, and he was my first toon to G11. Still the toon with the highest destructive power in the game, and the best looking moustache. The AI makes him unreliable in Arena, but I dream of the day I can put him back in and he uses his AoE no matter how much the guy in red taunts. Awesome toon.

Dooku: Best buy ever. Got him from the starter pack and he was a main on all my teams for several months. People kept claiming he was OP when in fact he's only a really good toon, expecially early game. And still a force to be reckoned with against Jedi...but no one runs Jedi. When his leader ability was fixed a had a glorious week or two were staying high in arena was a breeze. Then everyone started running him...so I stopped. He's benched, but at least sitting comfortably. He's earned it.

Ackbar: Everybody kept saying he was no good, but I like the character so I farmed him. His heal in arena was awesome when everyone was running Sid, so he replaced Ventress as my leader in GW. Then came his update, and he went from usable to unreplacable. I think I've finished roughly 200GW by now. I thank Ackbar in combination with Lando for that. Clean house.

FOTP: This was THE guy to fear back in December. I thought he looked cool so I started farming him. They nerfed him. I continued the farm. They said he was no longer viable after protection update. I didn't care. Finally got him to 7* about 2 weeks or so ago. And he's been in my arena main since then. Rey might be faster, Q might be more versatile and GS is a bug. But no one comes close to the amount of attitude this guy brings. Longest farm ever. Worth it.
  • Options
    1. Darth Maul - 1st chrom buy that got me several characters before I knew how to use any of them. I just wanted Maul. He was a staple in GW that "Mauled" Jedi squads to bits.
    2. JC - another GW staple and really helped me get Yoda back in the day. I remember seeing the forums talking about arena and I posted how JC, Barris, Lumi kept everyone alive. One smart a** replied that I had an easy lineup and that everyone would be targeting me. To which I replied, "doesn't everyone target everyone no matter who they run in arena?"
    3. Phasma - once gear 10 is obtained, Phasma is game changing. Every node is more doable with a geared Phasma lead.
    4. Gamorrean Guard - fav character from ROTJ. Had to get him. Wish I could use him. He did well enough on a DOT squad I ran for kicks for awhile, still cherish the screen shots with all the red dots over toons.
    5. Sun Fac - who I call Fun Sac. An arena monster and love his utility.