Drop rate and energy cost/refill cost

2Next

Replies

• Options
    We are the customers. Without us, there is no game. Continue to speak out for the change you want!
  • Options
    The drop rates in this game are not very good all around and the better the character, the harder it is to farm them. Part of this is to keep you spending money.

My real issue with this game is simply the pricing. I wonder which genius came up with the metrics of what customers will spend on a game like this because my take on it is that they are delusional. Lets face it, this game is marketed to ages 12-25, so how can they expect those kids to have parents willing to spend thousands on IAP, let alone adult players with their own income even spending that much??

We all know the whales exist, but really, what percentage do they make up in the game though 2% maybe???

Basically, EA is marketing this game for a customer that is not going to be their majority of customers. A few thousand whales buying $5K worth of stuff each is certainly not keeping this game running....
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You know what would help? Wall of text inbound.

If they took another page out of the style of game this is aped after and offered free energy refills a few times per day. I mean, I know this is EA we're talking about and "free" is synonymous with "never", but they've copied so much from games like Hero's Charge, et al....I was very surprised not to get 60 or so energy every few hours throughout the day.

I understand it's still early days yet and there will undoubtedly be patches and additions...hopefully a new market where you can exchange extra character shards, and some kind of "mine". Hero's Charge did that right at least, before their lawsuit and their dev team stopped caring. There was a mine that you could stick characters in (perfect for those extras you have) that let you "mine" shards or gold (credits here?) for 3, 6 or12 hours. Those characters were effectively removed from your use during those duration, as they were required to defend against other people.

It was a fun little addition. I've seen it in other games. Know what else is standard in the genre but missing here?

A "player level", so to speak, with benefits for each level based on how much you spent. Such as a percentage of extra shards based on your level. An additional store. An option to redo the GW once per day. Etc.

There is just so much left on the table that CG/EA did not utilize from the genre that would have elevated this game above the rest. The Star Wars brand guarantees that.

Chief among that, are these complaints in this very thread. I'm almost positive the 50/50/100/100/200/ etc ramped up crystal energy refill thing goes for "100" at least another round or two in other similar games. Here, you get to 200 very quickly. They stuck with the dual 50 uses, but beyond that...nope. Time to haul money from you. Granted, nobody makes us spend, we do. I get that.

Combined with the lack of pretty much standard free energy refills in other games though...it's pretty obvious what kind of cash grab is going on here.

I'm very anxious to see what the forthcoming Update has in it. Hopefully much, much more than just a few more characters and an increase to 70...which I still feel is too soon. They could have thrown a bit more content at us instead and added 70 next month. Still far too many players leveling up their primary squad.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    I agree. If they don't want to raise the drop rates, maybe they can have energy refill more quickly. Maybe they can possibly add an option to lets say watch an advertisement for some energy. They'll still receive revenue like that and the consumer won't be forced to spend an absurd amount of money.
  • Options
    I've kept track of my JC farming for the last week. 64 shards out of 226 tries for 28.32% success rate. I've had runs of 0/12 and I've had runs of multiple shards in a row. I also tracked the Mk 4 laptop things since I need just short of about a billion of them and over a 100 tries they dropped at about 33%.

I don't feel these are bad rates at all. How fast do you think you should get to 7 stars? How fast do you think you should get to Gear VII or VIII?

I tried out too many toons at the start and I've just finally got to 60 last week and am now focusing on one core team. I feel I make progress everyday and I really don't think I would keep playing if it was made easier. I like the effort and time I've put into my team and that gear I've worked hard for matters and makes my team better.
  • Options
    swaggers wrote: »
    I've kept track of my JC farming for the last week. 64 shards out of 226 tries for 28.32% success rate. I've had runs of 0/12 and I've had runs of multiple shards in a row. I also tracked the Mk 4 laptop things since I need just short of about a billion of them and over a 100 tries they dropped at about 33%.

I don't feel these are bad rates at all. How fast do you think you should get to 7 stars? How fast do you think you should get to Gear VII or VIII?

I tried out too many toons at the start and I've just finally got to 60 last week and am now focusing on one core team. I feel I make progress everyday and I really don't think I would keep playing if it was made easier. I like the effort and time I've put into my team and that gear I've worked hard for matters and makes my team better.

28% drop rate for a character like Rey, would be between 150-200 days based on your drop rates. It's 3am, and I don't feel like doing the exact calculation. That's over half a year to fully 7* a character. Too long. Plain and simple. I get 2, maybe 3 months. Over half a year is just taking the player base as chumps. Nobody wants to invest that kind of time into a character that may or may not be relevant in the meta. You saw how quickly the Barris nerf came, and that was just for people who spent $50. Imagine someone working 6 months to 7* a character, and then right as they were about to finish the character, here comes a nerf and that character wouldn't be picked because there are better options at that point.
  • Options
    Drop rates seem fine until you need 1 more... Atm I am 0/14 for kylo ren. Stuck at 84...
  • Options
    Cause everyone that is making calculations about unlocking toons also took into consideration the fact that they might appear on:

A: shipments (arena, galactic or cantina)
    B: certain events for shards (just wait for the update)

Seeing so many people complain about droprate might say something about the droprate :p

I had 5/6, 2/6, 1/6, 0/6 and 1/6 so far on the dooku. Around 25% if I'm not mistaken. I don't think it's that bad since I have patience and know from games like Clash of Clans, you don't get the best guns from the start ;)
    But ye seeing so many people have problems with it I can understand it might be upped a bit. Jesse did confirm they will look into it so all we can do is wait.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    FLIK87 wrote: »
    Drop rates seem fine until you need 1 more... Atm I am 0/14 for kylo ren. Stuck at 84...

FF's I was in the same situation lol. I needed 5 more and it took 2 days of double refresh to get them.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Perhaps a different perspective could be: don't "punish" us with a 6 months or so marathon to max a toon we like.. It is quite probable that in such a long term new characters, tables, meta etc will change the assumptions taken at the time the decision to go for that toon was made. Even thought that datamining could provide a somewhat reliable insight to who shall retain a good value in the future, this cannot take into account anything else besides stats/who should get upper tier gear.. No way to foresee what will change because of different factors (ie new toons, modes, etc etc) it is good not knowing each and every little detail about forthcoming updates, but if i can't correctly plan, then i'd like at least to be able to pursue different strategies in a reasonable amount of time.. As it currently is this leaves me like i'm kinda forced to play roulette and prey, plus it doesn't allow the average player to enjoy such new contents before they become "so last year"!
    Let ppl gain slightly faster shards/gear in order to adapt to an everchanging gameplay but only if we are good in using what we unlock! challenge us harder, make us use our teams, try different compositions, adapt our strategies, study how to better accomplish whatever you'll throw at us.. Just don't let us grind to be able to grind more!
    Also simming is killing fun, because while it is nice not having to repeat the same Lvl a gazillion times, the point is that this is just a remedy to the fact that those lvls has to be farmed over and over because it's the way to get the stuff you need.. Simming or not.
    Men i feel that's the problem, it is not funny to do that, plain and simple.
    Why not try new/revamped/overhauled tables in which you have really good chances to get the offered rewards if you can beat it! Scaling up difficulty/rewards so each player level have something they can do.. I'm not asking new stuff every day, current rate is fine, plus i guess it takes time to develop/test new things to implement.. So a little grind is actually necessary, just i'd really appreciate being less in need to offer my a*s to RNG Gods ;)
    Isn't it supposed to be a strategy game afterall?
    C'mon CG, you've done great so far, you brought to us all a pretty good game, we just like it so much we want more of it!
    Post edited by Bora on
    Res non verba