Character rework ideas

Allenb60
2171 posts Member
edited July 2016
I know we're supposed to search for old posts about a topic and contribute to them instead of making new ones all the time, but I cant tell what is considered necroing when bumping old posts, but lots of people want rebalancing so I thought I would make a new post. Plus this gives me a chance to share my own ideas, which are mostly arena based;

Kit Fisto - Special ability changed to inflict each status effect Kit Fisto has on himself to the enemies hit, with a 100% chance for allies to gain potency for 1 turn and an increased duration by 1 turn for each negative status effect Kit Fisto has, with a maximum of three turns
Basic ability changed to a 100% chance to bonus attack unless Kit Fisto is de-buffed
Leader ability changed to all allies gain 15% tenacity for each buff they have, Jedi gain 45 defense
(his special could really "Turn the Tide", as its named)

Barriss Offee - Unique ability addition of Barriss gaining 10% turn meter whenever an ally ends their turn with a lower health percentage than Barriss's

Plo Koon - Leader ability addition of foresight and evasion up for dispelling buffs and if an allies attack is dodged they call a random ally to assist dealing 25% less damage

Mace Windu - Unique ability changed to a 45% chance to expose each enemy
Special ability changed to add a weak AoE, dispelling and dealing extra damage only to the target
(just to give him more options to attack instead of one random character)

Royal Guard - Unique ability changed to only a 50% chance to taunt for allies whenever they fall below 50% health, with a doubled chance for Empire allies
Special ability addition to also taunt for one turn if any ally is under 50% health
(the AI should save his special ability for when an ally needs it most, no more defense up wastes)

Rey - First special ability addition of dispel one negative de-buff from herself on a successful hit
Second special ability addition to inflict speed down on herself if the attack is dodged
(To make her attacks "risky" as her description states)

Count Dooku - Leader ability changed to half or no evasion increase for light side characters?

Old Ben - Leader ability changed to half or no evasion increase for dark side characters?

First Order Officer - Leader ability introduced of 20% increased critical damage and a 40% chance for First Order allies to keep advantage after each basic attack
(first order only has one leader ability, would be nice to see another)

First order Stormtrooper - Leader ability introduced of First Order allies have 10% increased defense for each de-buffed enemy, and all allies gain 10% turn meter when attacked by a de-buffed enemy
(this could also work as Kylo Ren's leader ability)

Nute Gunray - Leader ability addition of a 75% chance for scoundrel allies to gain stealth for two turns after falling below 50% health

IG-100 MagnaGuard - Unique ability changed to remove counter chance but add a 35% chance for each buff MagnaGuard has to assist droids when they attack, and increased to 100% if they are dodged, these attacks are unavoidable but have a -15% critical chance
(this would really make him "deadly if ignored" like his description states. It doesn't make sense for him to counter if it would remove his buffs, and the AI doesn't target currently him anyways)

B2 Super Battle Droid - Unique ability changed to a 20% chance for non-droid allies
(promote faction synergy!)

Jawa Enginer - Unique ability changed to +11 speed for each Jawa ally, still +10 for each droid
Basic ability changed to be a magnetic bomb unavoidable by droids
(for anti-droid team's engineers to be slightly faster than droid team's engineers)

Grand Moff Tarkin - Leader ability addition of Empire allies gain potency against enemies equal to the percentage of their turn meter that is filled
(this would really "Tighten the Grip" for their TM reduction abilities)

General Veers - Leader ability addition of Empire "AoE" special attacks have a -1 turn cool down
(For Vader's 5-4 ability discrepancy specifically and a lot of empire characters have AoE abilities)

Asajj Ventress - Basic ability changed to always stun an enemy if they have no positive buff
Second special ability addition of dealing increased damage each enemy equal to the percentage of health they are missing, with a maximum of a 40% damage increase

Zam Wessel - Leader ability introduced of Scoundrels have a 80% chance to attack with their basic ability at the target after using a special ability, these attacks deal 15% less damage
(would synergize well with both of her special abilities and it would make thermals not so bad)

Princess Leia - Leader ability addition of Rebel allies regenerate 1% of their health for each living rebel ally whenever they score a critical hit
(because Rebels have no dedicated healer? Couldn't think of anything better but it does need a buff)

Boba Fett - Basic ability addition of this attacks damage is increased damage equal to the enemies current health percentage, with a maximum of a 70% damage increase

Darth Maul - Unique ability addition when Darth Maul takes fatal damage instead of being defeated he will live with 1 health and gains stealth for one turn and his next attack will deal 50% more damage, once per battle
Leader ability addition of Sith allies gain 30% turn meter when they do not evade damage
(the unique ability would be a reference to how he was seemingly defeated by Obi-Wan-Kenobi but barely lived with nothing but the thoughts of revenge against him, or in this case "The Power of Hatred", his leader ability stats are under-average currently so I thought it could be buffed too)

Luke Skywalker - Unique ability addition of if Luke already has a critical chance up buff add critical damage up for one turn
(since Princess Leia already gives critical chance up buffs his unique just messes up the duration)

Poggle the Lesser - Leader ability addition of geonosian and droid allies attacks have a 50% increased critical chance against de-buffed enemies
(couldn't think of anything better but this guy's leader ability is under-average at the moment, this would add a heavy Geonosian synergy and maybe HK-47 wont be the only droid leader)

These are all just suggestions to improve characters and everyone is going to have a slightly different idea of what is a good rework, so if you feel like you a better idea please leave a reply, or if you liked any of my ideas for reworks please say which one you would like to see the most.
Post edited by Allenb60 on

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Uh, most of these sounded better when I was thinking of them in specific scenarios, now that I'm reading them they seem kind of random... Oh well I guess its still fun to think of the possibilities