Pokémon GO Influence

Is Pokémon GO changing your views on GOH? Such as playing time, money payed and just overall view of the game? I know it's early but is it already pushing you away from this game? Personally for me it is, it's new and doesn't have the years of grinding this game seems to have. Also, just seems more fun and interactive. Just curious on the communities point of view.

Replies

• Youthv2
    270 posts Member
    Options
    All app game developers are feeling the crunch from Pokémon Go. The fall out will be high for many app games, and I'd muster a guess that those app games will close by years end...
    Also, bang for the buck, Pokémon gives a whole lot more bang.
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    What's the big deal with that game? I heard catching pokemon was a very watered down version of the battle system from the game.

I feel like when the novelty of seeing pokemon in "real life" wears off that game will crash fast.
  • Options
    @Snake2 The big deal for my family is it is something we can all do together. It isn't really about the game play. It is more of an excuse to go for a walk down by the river or go to the park. The game play is incendental. When a pokemon pops up it makes you stop and look at the picture and laugh a little. Then we talk about a pidgey or whatever we caught. It is a lot like geocaching but without the searching for the physical box.
  • Options
    No but "Final Fantasy Brave Exvius" has my full attention rn. By far one of the best games on Android.
  • Options
    I left SWGOH a week ago. Pokemon Go is very very free to play heavy. Even the devs of Niantic said themselves this is not a pay to win game. Ingress was like that too...you didn't have items to advance or to create such a gap between the paying and free players, they helped a bit but nothing that is game breaking between the 2 types of players.