So let me get this straight...

Mod selling option will be released with this update because we can lock mods so they're not sold by accident. Right?

But no garbage gear can be sold since... January? because we could sell some important pieces by accident? Am I missing something?

LOL

Replies

• Options
    Seems right to me....... :)
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Too much truth good sir. Too much
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »

The only truth here is CREDIT STARVATION. Period.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    They got rid of the selling the first time because no one used it. I remember the official dev note on it. They said the only thing people used it for was to check their inventory. I'm not saying it wouldn't be useful now, but there was a valid reason. Everyone agreed at the time.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    They got rid of the selling the first time because no one used it. I remember the official dev note on it. They said the only thing people used it for was to check their inventory. I'm not saying it wouldn't be useful now, but there was a valid reason. Everyone agreed at the time.

Few people used it because holding gear had no impact other than being more prepared for the next character you wanted to gear. There were no limits or anything, why get rid of something you may use in the future? Which leads me to the same question with Mods. Why would anyone sell them if they may be of some use to other characters in the future? If they are going to bring back selling they should do it for both gear and mods.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options

You just lack the basic skill to save and use credits wisely...
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • MayTheForceBeWithMe
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    vavavader wrote: »

You just lack the basic skill to save and use credits wisely...

I have currently saved almost 6M out of which 5 I'm not even touching because of this reason. But I'm not gonna lie, I would like to have a surplus of credits so I could have leveled up everyone and not just 10-12 toons...
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Few people used it because holding gear had no impact other than being more prepared for the next character you wanted to gear. There were no limits or anything, why get rid of something you may use in the future? Which leads me to the same question with Mods. Why would anyone sell them if they may be of some use to other characters in the future? If they are going to bring back selling they should do it for both gear and mods.

Some people are hoarders and some aren't. Maybe I can use my 800th mk v laptop in three months when they change something. But I know I can use credits right now.

And everyone didn't agree on item selling back then. When has everyone agreed on anything?
  • MayTheForceBeWithMe
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I don't remember agreeing to that...

And let's be honest, at that point back in January no one but BIG whales was at the top of the level cap, pretty much everyone the ones we started back in November/December was, we were around level 50 or so...

There was no point for selling stuff you might need later on. They just knew what they were doing, cutting off credit sources... Don't you tell me you wouldn't sell some of the thousands white/green useless pieces of gear! Even though we'd get 5000 credits for selling 1500 green gear pieces, I'd do it!

Why taking off the option? Leave it for the "few people" that might use it!
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Why would anyone sell them

Because most mods will be junk and will have no use other than to earn a few credits.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options

People may have agreed because they hasn't started the credit starvation.
    Many people did sell gear.
    No one used it - same lame excuse as to why they took away data cards and gave us something 8x worse.

The OP speaks truth, can't deny that their excuse was a lie. I recall them saying exactly this "people were selling items they needed."
  • Options

nobody used it because at this point nobody has more than 1000 piece of useless gears , which is the case now because some of us has been stacking gear for 9 months now

1 have 977 squares . 1188 triangles and many gears over 1000+ but still i have to buy 3 piece of useless gears everyday to complete "daily achievements" often i have to choose between something i have 1000 or 970 to get the 3rd gear for the daily which is a waste of credits

another thing : back in january there was no credits crunch because we had less expenses to do so no reasons to sell them

and don't tell me i might use them in the future because i already have 61 characters so i don't think i need that much for the ones that i don't have

selling all theses junks have purpose , getting credits and clear some spaces (on you app or their server)

sure this option is useless for newbies but not for those who started in November (or before)
  • Options

I remember that. While your point is valid in one respect, I must also point out that there was no real credit crunch at the time. In fact, I think you were still able to farm credits with a key if I'm not mistaken"
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    The gear button was removed supposedly to clean up the interface and because they deemed it as unimportant. At the time I was against it because selling low level junk gear was a great way to get some extra cash together. I soon discovered the art of the cash grab back then and the rest is history......
  • Options
    If you start being able to sell gear, that will probably end the gear exchange. I quite like the gear exchange.
  • Options
    If you start being able to sell gear, that will probably end the gear exchange. I quite like the gear exchange.

gear exchange is quite useless , eveyone ask for unobtainable gears and not thos junks we want to get rid
  • Options
    The gear button was removed supposedly to clean up the interface and because they deemed it as unimportant. At the time I was against it because selling low level junk gear was a great way to get some extra cash together. I soon discovered the art of the cash grab back then and the rest is history......

since then...they've been putting useless and anoying boutons on the interface LOL
  • Options
    they need to take a page from supercell's book and put what changes they make with patches where see in the game not having hunt for info on forum's
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Drekulviin wrote: »

gear exchange is quite useless , eveyone ask for unobtainable gears and not thos junks we want to get rid

In my guild he happily share our purples with each other
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

In my guild he happily share our purples with each other

Same. I've also asked for "junk" that I needed, knowing it would be plentiful, so I could concentrate on harder to obtain gear.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

Nah man, gear exchange is excellent. There's always a couple guys who only need cuffs or whatever, but the rest of us have a good circulation of shower drains, laptops, hair dryers, eyeballs and detonators. Only way it could be better is if we could donate random GW shards we get to people who want them.
  • Dgreaser
    218 posts Member
    Options

Your right. I'm fine with everything the way it is but the amount of available credits is pathetic and their price in the store is border line criminal. Its like 8 bucks to 7 star just 1 character.