How I would rather see Mods work

LRMoser
139 posts Member
Without having used the Mod system its hard for me to say if I like it or not but the idea of having Mods that boost stats does not excite me. What I am afraid of is that it throws things out of balance giving a certain character a stat boost and everyone must do the same Mod to be competitive. I think CG has made good strides recently to make a diverse group of characters more viable and I hope this does not undo that.

Because of this I think it would have been better if Mods would give characters new abilities. I think this would have given a better way to customize players and would allow for a more diversity and strategy.

Examples would be like:
-Potency Up Mod ( level 7 being +100% Potency and reset all cool downs except this skill) 5 turn cool down
-Protection Recovery Mod ( level 7 being 45% protection gain) 3 turn cool down
-Evasion attack Mod (Level 7 being character attacks with basic and has a 100% chance to attack a 2nd time if attack is evaded) 3 turn cooldown
-TM Reduction (level 7 being an attack that has 100% chance to reduce TM by 30%) 2 turn cool down

I would have much more fun with this being the Mod system because we could have stat increases (like potency mod) in a battle but have to use it strategically to be effective and it would open the door for different characters to gain abilities that would make them more effective. I also think that depending on some of the abilities you may not want to put them on the stronger characters like Rey because she already has 2 attack abilities so adding a 3rd she may not be able to use it before she dies.

Just a thought.

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe we could actually try it and see how it is before the posts arrive on how it could/should be working.....
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Maybe we could actually try it and see how it is before the posts arrive on how it could/should be working.....

I agree and that is what I said at the start but from my gaming experience I am not feeling optimistic about this change as I have been about changes before.