6MB file download ***Exec. Producer Comment***

Prev1
Karfax
286 posts Member
edited July 2016
Can't see any changes at this time but the game just needed a client restart and then downloaded 2 6MB files, anyone shed some light at all? I haven't restarted my GW table as of yet, not sure if it may be the cash thing. /confused
*** So be it... Jedi ***
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    I got a client restart but no download....
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    I got a client restart but no download....

Same. Didn't see a download.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Forced restart cost me an arena victory
  • Options
    Same, I got a client restart and so did others in my guild, but don't see anything different.
  • Dgreaser
    218 posts Member
    Options
    I got the restart. Even uninstalled and reinstalled just in case. I had to do that when we got the update for guilds but thats the only one Ive had to do that with. I wonder if we will even get it today. ****.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ill try the GW tabe on one of my accounts and i'll see if anythings different.

One thing I have noticed is my Team Power (which has not been changed) has gone down by 1k
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    Give it a few more hours; I think Jesse's still typing up the announcement.
  • Options
    It is only 10am Pacific.

This will probably be a phased rollout over multiple hours. Give it time.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Oh no don't tell me Im going to lose my raid round Im doing it right now and haven't had the restart just yet.

BTW guy the mod feature you got to constantly look at you play store or app store because there will be no obligated restart until tomorrow
  • Options
    But the update was supposed to be on-demand first, not forced.
  • Options
    I see some mods
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Oh no don't tell me Im going to lose my raid round Im doing it right now and haven't had the restart just yet.

Jesse made a post last week that they said they fixed that issue and the restart won't happen until after your progress is recorded. But that post mysteriously disappeared.

• Options
    Karfax wrote: »
    Can't see any changes at this time but the game just needed a client restart and then downloaded 2 6MB files, anyone shed some light at all? I haven't restarted my GW table as of yet, not sure if it may be the cash thing. /confused

You have to get update from the App store \ Google play first.. THEN you will see updates.. at least that is according to DEV notes.
  • Options
    This was a preparatory step for the update. The update plan normally requires we roll things out in several stages.

I don't think anything in this update would be visible until after the update.

Update notes should be up within the hour, and the update should go out within a few hours.

Thanks!
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank you for your communication :)
    Should I not touch my cantina energy then? lol
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options

BTW guy the mod feature you got to constantly look at you play store or app store because there will be no obligated restart until tomorrow

As with all major updates, it will be staggered. Server side first, then client later. Mods may not be available until the client is updated, but there will be at least one restart for everyone today, client or no client.
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    Options
    This was a preparatory step for the update. The update plan normally requires we roll things out in several stages.

Update notes should be up within the hour, and the update should go out within a few hours.

Thanks!

Thanks! This is exactly the answer we wanted to hear :)
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options

Thanks!

Thank you very much for the communication! It's really helpful when the team responds to these.
  • Options
    Gj with that communication
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Options
    I really Appreciate the communication, John.
  • Darth_Malak
    577 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thanks!
    Hypeeeeeeeedddd and thx
  • Options
    +1 for the communication! Definitely a step in the right direction!
  • Options

According to another post the update should hit the Apple\Google store be between noon and 4PM.. PACIFIC TIME. so sometime AFTER that you can update your app, then open the client and get in game updates.. THEN everything should be fine..

So as of now it looks like at least a few more hours before we will see anything.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

According to another post the update should hit the Apple\Google store be between noon and 4PM.. PACIFIC TIME. so sometime AFTER that you can update your app, then open the client and get in game updates.. THEN everything should be fine..

So as of now it looks like at least a few more hours before we will see anything.

Oh of coarse I realize this, I just wondered what it were and also I don't think 6MB would cover all what they have put it, it was just like a little teaser gift I saw it as really hehe
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    Yes, thank you for the communication
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    Nik_Zirlos wrote: »

Jesse made a post last week that they said they fixed that issue and the restart won't happen until after your progress is recorded. But that post mysteriously disappeared.

@Nik_Zirlos I saw confirmation from a guildmate that progress from a raid battle counted even though a restart was forced, so they must have actually fixed it.
  • Options
    Great news, @StarSon, thanks!
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Apart from obvious mods etc I am also rather looking forward to other bits and pieces they may have added like some bug fixes or a tune to the GW table, it's not just the mods i'm looking forward to in this update.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    Tell me you made changes to GeoSpy please ?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....