Explain mods?

What are the little dots above the mods. Are they all the same or are some of the same type different? I'm so confused.

Replies

• Options
    That I believe is rarity, likely the higher the rarity the more stats they could have, with a max of 7 rarity.
  • Options
    So do the higher stages give better rarity? @infidale
  • Options
    As best as I can tell there are 5 Rarity's of mods MK1-MK5....Mod Battles will only ever give you MK1 or MK2 with the G node being the best chance at getting MK2. Mod Challenges will give you MK3/MK4/MK5 respectively from the 3 different tiers but require specific teams to complete.

On the other end you have Qualities also which range from A to E. In Mod Battles you will only ever get E or D quality which is grey or green. In the Mod Challenges you can get E-C for Tier 1, E-B for Tier 2, and E-A for Tier 3 which is completely RNG. Upgrading mods to LVL15 will automatically change them to Quality "A" however I believe if they start out Quality A the resulting stats are much better than ones that started out Quality E and were upgraded to LVL15.
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Options
    The most important thing about mods is the symbol. Rarity plays a role but symbol is the king
  • Options
    Super123 wrote: »
    The most important thing about mods is the symbol. Rarity plays a role but symbol is the king

I don't really see why that is, all the symbol tells you is what the set bonus is, as far as I can tell it can be a Shield for Defense set bonus but then have offense as the primary stat....weird
  • Options
    cmjstota wrote: »
    As best as I can tell there are 5 Rarity's of mods MK1-MK5....Mod Battles will only ever give you MK1 or MK2 with the G node being the best chance at getting MK2. Mod Challenges will give you MK3/MK4/MK5 respectively from the 3 different tiers but require specific teams to complete.

On the other end you have Qualities also which range from A to E. In Mod Battles you will only ever get E or D quality which is grey or green. In the Mod Challenges you can get E-C for Tier 1, E-B for Tier 2, and E-A for Tier 3 which is completely RNG. Upgrading mods to LVL15 will automatically change them to Quality "A" however I believe if they start out Quality A the resulting stats are much better than ones that started out Quality E and were upgraded to LVL15.

Back to school.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    There's an annoying tutorial on how to equip a Mod which is relatively unneeded, yet no explanation on which mods do what or how to acquire them. I rate the execution of this rollout poor to quite poor.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    **** do the colors mean?
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    Think of colors like this. If you played MMOs, card games, or anything else with a color system.

No color = common
    Green = uncommon
    Blue = rare
    Purple = epic
    Orange = legendary

The rarer it is. The better the stats secondary stats are/will become once lvled.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    The colors are just like your regular gear. The dots are like the stars on your toons.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    @Klocko

Not exactly on the colors. A mod starting out as green instead of no color will have 1 higher stat at the end than the one that started no color. Blue will have 2 ect.

Yes they change color as you lvl them and a new stat unlocks. But a mod that starts out having that stat will upgrade that stat instead of just unlocking it. Hence why orange, or tier a, is the main mods you want.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    @Klocko

Not exactly on the colors. A mod starting out as green instead of no color will have 1 higher stat at the end than the one that started no color. Blue will have 2 ect.

Yes they change color as you lvl them and a new stat unlocks. But a mod that starts out having that stat will upgrade that stat instead of just unlocking it. Hence why orange, or tier a, is the main mods you want.

I meant it more as there are different colored gear pieces. You are 100% correct, and I could have been clearer.
  • Options
    Mods in a nutshell? Milk One more Dollar before they Split
  • Options
    Also, Grey gear starts with no secondary stat. Green gear stars with one secondary stat, blue with two secondary stats, and purple with three secondary stats.

If secondary stats are determined randomly when upgrading, starting with purple gear with three secondary stats that you want will allow you more control over the final stats. As others have said, it may also allow you to take the secondary stats higher than if you started without them.

I guess a purple 5 dot with the particular stats you want will be extremely rare.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options

No, the stages will only give you 1 and 2 dot mods, challenges can give up to 5 dot at tier 3. No idea about 6 or 7 dot, maybe shop or coming in raids.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • bluenqm
    172 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »

No idea about 6 or 7 dot, maybe shop or coming in raids.

I think higher tier of mod challenge (future update) will give you what you want.

• Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »

No, the stages will only give you 1 and 2 dot mods, challenges can give up to 5 dot at tier 3. No idea about 6 or 7 dot, maybe shop or coming in raids.

Hopefully 6 and 7 dot in Raids.