This game just added what I grew tired of in my last game.....

Necrobile
58 posts Member
edited July 2016
I just got home from work and downloaded the latest patch for this game. I mostly wanted to get the new jawa tank, but of course I wanted to check out the mods. Like many people I wasn't really looking forward to them, especially because they share cantina energy. That's the last thing a f2p player like me needs is something slowing down their already slow progress.

Well after completing a few levels and gaining a few mods I decided to mod up my jawa engineer, give him a bit more health to play around with. Once I put together a mod set the game stopped to tell me about set bonuses. That's when it dawned on me.......mods are pretty much runes.....

My previous game was Summoners War. I played it for around 11 months and put in more money than I'm willing to admit. I loved the game, in fact I still do I'm just completely burnt out on it. I reached a point in there where my only goal is to farm for runes. Runes with extremely bad drop rates so you'll be lucky if you get a good set for one of your mons in a month. Even if you buy rune packs what you get is all RNG.

After already being fed up with the bad RNG regarding natty 5's in SW, I grew tired of the RNG regarding runes as well, so I decided to take a break. One big factor that helped me grow tired of SW's RNG was this game here. I LOVED the fact that there were no runes. That even though there's RNG, what you need for characters is set before you. I also loved how you could actually farm for many of the characters you wanted. So rather than farming over and over for items you need with hopes of actually getting them, you could just put together fun team combinations and play around with them.

Now this game still has that element, but now you put runes on top of it. Not only did you put the one thing that I burnt out on in the game, you also made it share the energy of another thing that we need to farm. I don't know how I feel about being forced to slow down progress, where my progress has already felt a bit slow to begin with as a f2p player. I just barely made it into the 300's and thought that with my progression I should be able to play with the big boys pretty soon. Pfft, with what I'm reading on these forums the big boys will be gigantic boys. That doesn't sound very fun.

Nothing really more to say, I'm mostly just **** like many others. I'm still going to play around with the mods, but I really wish you didn't go this route. If I'm going to go through the farming and micro-managing of mods, I might as well just go back to Summoners War.

Replies

• Options
    Why for the love of God would they share Cantina energy! Or is it a ca$h grab!?
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    Why for the love of God would they share Cantina energy! Or is it a ca$h grab!?

It's got to be a cash grab. In order to not have your progression slowed you'll have to refresh your cantina energy, and at 100 crystals to start with them doubling each time you refresh them, it's easy money. :\
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Exact same boat, my friend. Played sw for over a year and dumped cash into it. Got tired of low nat 5* drops and the rng of runes. This game having fixed gear stats and the ability to farm the characters you want is what drew me away from sw. This is so tragic.