This is GW now since the Update (Pics Inside)

Prev13
Robbathehutt
1048 posts Member
edited July 2016
Fought thru nodes 1 thru 11 as normal faced tough teams starting at node 6 but nothing I couldn't handle. I lost a few toons and used a few level 40 suicide squads then I get to node 12 and this is what I am dealt.

tguSOCw.png
Full level 80 7* Gear 10/11 team....but wait there's more

zkWNc20.png
Nice fully level 15 modded

wIP5jGM.png

JUwQp0Z.png

VusC9d6.png

wnZjkch.png

De9Whtw.png
The Finale....but who else did they kill? Let's see

1xE7mks.png

vHcfcF2.png

dRXc5WG.png

S2T462C.png

ySJZTXf.png

if5isxp.png

B9CZWPL.png

dESCu7t.png

mRZ5q3h.png

bXmM5JH.png

9OIFoU0.png

jMJBbz4.png

I've been playimg since launch and haven't lost a GW since January until today. Literally my first GW since the update and I get a team that kills more than 30 of my toons and I only managed to kill off 2 of their team. I actually bought some crystals yesterday morning to purchase some pieces of gear before the update hit. I don't mind people that spend ludicrous amounts of money dominating Arena but they shouldn't messing up my GW too. Anakin actually 1 shotted 4 out of 5 level 80 gear 8 toons with 1 AOE, and was 1 shotting single toons with his basic. For the first time I feel like quitting the game.
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Options
    game so broken for next few weeks (months?), we shall see
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I believe the game is coming to an end, 14 of my guild mate quit.
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I believe the game is coming to an end, 14 of my guild mate quit.

Yeah quite of few of my guildmates are talking about quitting too. I really don't understand why EA/CG is so intent on screwing with GW which is our only regular place to get credits.
  • Options
    LOL... I just ran into a similar team highlighted by a modded out Rey. Unwinnable. I had my top 3 teams all with full health going in and I didn't even get protection 1/2 way off of Rey. The team was Phasma-RG-Rey-QGJ-GS all modded up. What was I going to do with that? Rey was a fast tank that OHK'd everyone on every turn. Even if I did get protection off of her, there was a super RG waiting for me that I'd never be able to kill.

I think mods were a good idea but they clearly needed to put caps on abilities at some point. It's a good idea if you want to mod Rey to make her more tanky but to mod her into more of a killing machine (and a tank) is kind of off the charts unrealistic and unfun.
  • Options
    LOL... I just ran into a similar team highlighted by a modded out Rey. Unwinnable. I had my top 3 teams all with full health going in and I didn't even get protection 1/2 way off of Rey. The team was Phasma-RG-Rey-QGJ-GS all modded up. What was I going to do with that? Rey was a fast tank that OHK'd everyone on every turn. Even if I did get protection off of her, there was a super RG waiting for me that I'd never be able to kill.

I think mods were a good idea but they clearly needed to put caps on abilities at some point. It's a good idea if you want to mod Rey to make her more tanky but to mod her into more of a killing machine (and a tank) is kind of off the charts unrealistic and unfun.

It just shouldn't ge effecting GW at all. Why should someone elses' $$$$ team be effecting my GW it's not a pvp mode it's not arena. If they wanna spend a ton of money to dominate arena, their GW, and raids more power to them but why should that impact me unless I face them in Arena?
  • Options
    This game

tumblr_loyj5jneRI1qlr140o1_500.gif
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options

It just shouldn't ge effecting GW at all. Why should someone elses' $$$$ team be effecting my GW it's not a pvp mode it's not arena. If they wanna spend a ton of money to dominate arena, their GW, and raids more power to them but why should that impact me unless I face them in Arena?

Good point
  • Options
    I ran into a 125k+ hp/prot rg and St han, 50k 4500 attack Rey and qgj, 80k, 4k phasma lead. No way to complete that. So much for earning credits.
  • Options
    I ran into a 125k+ hp/prot rg and St han, 50k 4500 attack Rey and qgj, 80k, 4k phasma lead. No way to complete that. So much for earning credits.

They broke the game and they probably can't fix it because they would have to offer refunds to all the people that dumped a ton of cash on the game since the update. This update obviously had ZERO beta testing.
  • Options
    Thank you for this post.

CG should make the first node in GW be the last team. That way it can be apparent to everybody GW is designed to not be beaten when most won't get past the first node. Credit shortage increased by design.
  • Options
    Can you even earn that much gear in 24 hours. I had an Ewok team decked out with yellow gear. It has to be a plant. Why would they even think that is a good idea.
  • Options
    dookiebot wrote: »
    Thank you for this post.

CG should make the first node in GW be the last team. That way it can be apparent to everybody GW is designed to not be beaten when most won't get past the first node. Credit shortage increased by design.

You are welcome, but I'm betting it falls on deaf ears.
  • Options
    So now u see the real reason they increase the credits in GW, simply because u wont be able to complete it
  • Options
    Same. Lost my first GW in 3-4 months today. The other team always went first with a 5* health mod Rey, and RG went first every time, no mods. Even first against my droid team as that's the team I was running prior up to node 12.

I put a suicide team in as I thought maybe I just needed for the other team to reset. Put a fast team in (Rey, Dooku, etc) after and the same thing: their team goes first with RG first! I probably would have a chance of beating it if their entire team didn't get to hit all my teams first. It's a typical Dooku L, GS, Rey, QGJ, RG team.
  • Koursk
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I agree 100%...
    For the 1st time with this update, I feel like, whatever the (reasonable) money I could spend, I'll never be able to make it...
    So, 2 days ago was the last time I bought crystals... And I have no more will to buy more, like forever...
    Maybe I'll keep playing, but I'll enjoy it as a f2p...

Don't want to spend same amount of money as a AAA game for this kind of broken balance game
  • Options
    That's the big problem at the moment. I would like to think that day 1 they were not expecting people to drop a few thousand into this game and max out toons. My last node wasn't as bad, but I hit it purposefully right at 1am hoping to avoid this mess. On my last node I hit a rey with super health, a RG with more health than I ever thought possible, and a QGJ that was now hitting like a champ. It took 4 squads but Godzilla finally prevailed over MechaGodzilla.

At this point we can all hope for some mod patch coming our way soon.
  • Options
    Same here. Never lost a single GW battle (I have 20ish 7*, all at least Gear 8 toons, a couple of gear X and IX for my 2 main teams). And today they ALL died on the final node of overpowered rex/anakin/sunfac/rey/RG.

• Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Omg, I will see what I get tonight. But it's clear this game should just roll back one patch as soon as possible...
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Omg, I will see what I get tonight. But it's clear this game should just roll back one patch as soon as possible...

They can't they would have to offer refunds to all the people that spent money.
  • Options
    Mods need to increase character power far more than they do. Then these squads would be out of range for the GW calculation unless you had lvl 5 modded out characters yourself.
  • HanYolo
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you but you got off light. Last node for me was a team with all level 5 mods.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    That's just insane. The game is broken.
  • Options
    If we wish to continue GW runs, we'll have to make our A and B teams health freaks. They've screwed this up so bad...
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Xyo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    This is the one I got today, completely impossible for me (F2P), GW it's supposed to be a challenge but this is ridiculous.

KYlXo2o.png
    5Z4wsTF.png
    QptCcRK.png
    aFOXOGd.png
    And a Rey full with mods.
    925-327-551
  • Options
    ****! That is ridiculous! I am so scared for my next GW. It's been bloody hard enough since the 29th as it is, with much higher level/ star/geared teams than me now on particularly the last 2 nodes. I only have 1 char over 6000 and I have no intention of wasting my little cantina energy on this crap when I have so many shards I still want from there.
  • Options
    This is my GW today

IMG_2561_zpsnz6x54zm.png
    IMG_2562_zpsj1xtmpeb.png
    IMG_2563_zpss5rig1wb.png
  • Options
    Saved up 3 rounds of GW for guild activity, and it wasn't fun. Spent 15 minutes on the last node with a ridiculous Obi Wan dodge team, fully modded Rey, RG, Phasma and Leia. Took my entire bench to clear out. The next 2 round final nodes were equally difficult; Dooku dodge teams. Was thinking that this may be the first time I'm not able to complete GW in a long time, but I managed..

Point being - Not fun and too time consuming.
  • Vyse
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm in the same boat as everyone else..... This is the most ridiculous thing yet.

I haven't lost GW in months and now my last node is so difficult I won't even come close to winning.

Thanks EA/CG, as usual you guys suck at testing a product before you launch it and expect us to be the beta testers.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Xyo wrote: »
    This is the one I got today, completely impossible for me (F2P), GW it's supposed to be a challenge but this is ridiculous.

KYlXo2o.png
    5Z4wsTF.png
    QptCcRK.png
    aFOXOGd.png
    And a Rey full with mods.

And to think those mods are not maxed
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    This is my GW today

IMG_2561_zpsnz6x54zm.png
    IMG_2562_zpsj1xtmpeb.png
    IMG_2563_zpss5rig1wb.png

What's your arena power level? I'm betting this gets fixed with the mandatory update today
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!