Suggested Mods for my squad?

jtruts
65 posts Member
I'm level 60 and just getting into mods, only have first 2 stages cleared but hopefully will be able to get through 3 in a few levels to get to challenges.

My main team is Phasma (L), RG, Leia, GS, Lumi

I'm curious what mods would work best for them. I've currently modded RG with Def/Prot/Health, Leia/GS with Offense Up/Crit and Phasma / Lumi with whatever I had left over. I'm trying to get set bonuses on RG/Leia/GS where possible. Seems to be working ok but curious if other experts would do it differently.

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    We're all trying to figure it out right now, this update is causing us all to rethink how characters actually work on the game, basically the answer is use the best ones it dosent matter right now everything is more powerful than the highest gear before
  • Options
    This update is causing everyone to think of how to mod QuiGon, Rey and RG. That's about it.
  • jtruts
    65 posts Member
    Options
    This update is causing everyone to think of how to mod QuiGon, Rey and RG. That's about it.

guess I'm ahead of the game then eh? :P Or maybe behind....
  • Options
    In general, use mods to buff weaknesses, but mostly mod to increase their main function. Leia will be rockstar with speed and damage, she'll need more HP too. I say HP because pre-mods, I've been hit by Anakins AE for over 10K all around. With mods I see no reason why he can't hit 20K, making Leia sweat.
  • Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    Options
    In the long run the mods do allow for some unique strategies though the characters in the teams might remain the same. You can create a well balanced team with a three different set bonuses or you can go all Heath mods and create a tanky team or all speed mods and create an alpha strike team. It's up to you..and how much your willing to pump into refreshing cantina energy and grinding credits to level the mods.

The easiest thing to do and what most ppl have done is just spam health mods and call it a day. The other mod challenges require esoteric teams and from my brief experience with them require a good most likely modded team to beat the highest tier.
  • jtruts
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Remorhaz wrote: »
    In the long run the mods do allow for some unique strategies though the characters in the teams might remain the same. You can create a well balanced team with a three different set bonuses or you can go all Heath mods and create a tanky team or all speed mods and create an alpha strike team. It's up to you..and how much your willing to pump into refreshing cantina energy and grinding credits to level the mods.

The easiest thing to do and what most ppl have done is just spam health mods and call it a day. The other mod challenges require esoteric teams and from my brief experience with them require a good most likely modded team to beat the highest tier.

I think this right here will end up driving my decisions. I recently unlocked mod challenges and the only team I have to enter one of the non-health mods is Jedi with a weak 3-person team and they were ganked right away.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    jtruts wrote: »

I think this right here will end up driving my decisions. I recently unlocked mod challenges and the only team I have to enter one of the non-health mods is Jedi with a weak 3-person team and they were ganked right away.

Add mods lol XD my 4 star first order gear 5 team beat the first offence challenge due to modding... Gear and stars don't mean anything now
  • jtruts
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    jtruts wrote: »

Add mods lol XD my 4 star first order gear 5 team beat the first offence challenge due to modding... Gear and stars don't mean anything now

true, but I just don't have the toons, the only squad I can even ENTER at this point is the t1 Jedi. I have to farm more toons I guess...