Balancing (Nute and Cad)

Nute Gunray needs some serious love, honestly (in fact, I feel all thermal detonator users need some). Nute's grenade toss is pretty much useless against any unit with ~25%+Tenacity since he doesn't appear to gain ANY potency, so it always gets resisted. Basically, I've been trying to test his grenade toss to figure out why its upgrades say "+x% max health" (in addition to having a 3-turn timer to detonate, so I expected it to be a very effective method of dispatching counter-attackers) but what's the point if it's never going to stick against anything "late-game"?

Cad Bane - at 7 stars, lv. 60, with all possible gear filled at this point in the game, is only boasting 7827 HP - making him extremely squishy and a speed of 107 (which is on the lower-side) and simply unviable to use in all but a few things. Additionally, his attack damage (even against Jedi, and including multi-attack), gets outdone easily by most other characters with the same level, gear development, ability levels, and promotions. So... is he truly intended to only be useful (late-game) for facing Savage Opress in the challenge? That's the only time he gets used for me, which is disappointing since I've invested so heavily into him. A HP and speed increase or a counter-attack capability might make him viable again.

Replies

• Options
    what happened to nute and "making it rain" with lando?
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Uriakatos wrote: »
    what happened to nute and "making it rain" with lando?

Individual performance-wise, he's a bit of an underperformer. Leader skill is very effective, but possibly unintentional.

Additionally, this is a very old post involving an attempt to make Scoundrels squads viable (if you note the dates).

Still, to this day, Nute's special is pretty much useless (although we still have the "carrot" of a thermal detonator re-work glaring over the horizon), and Cad is still... Cad.