Can't win Arena anymore

Just hit level 40, but can no longer seem to keep up with Arena on my server. Got absolutely murdered today, even as Attacker.

Playing maximum every day, all my boring characters are level 40 and I'm grinding gear as often as possible, but guess I'm still just getting outpaced. Stayed around top 600 for a couple weeks, but now struggling to stay above 1,000. Next decent character still several weeks (month?) away, probably worse if I get kicked much lower in Arena. Hard to say, since I went 0-for-21 on shard farming today.

Not really sure what else to do.

Best I can muster for Arena team is:
Chewie
JC
Talia
Geonosian
Jawa

Replies

• Options
    If you not play long enough I suggest you to start over to new server
    refill energy everyday to lvl 52 then you can unlock galactic war
    Huge difference after
  • Options
    Don't buy any chrom pack
  • Options
    Yes, you definitely need to unlock GW so you can farm some better toons.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    You will have bad days. A lot of it is team composition, power means hardly anything, and its hard to know who you will be facing when 90% of leaders are chewie, sid and phasma.
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    You will have bad days. A lot of it is team composition, power means hardly anything, and its hard to know who you will be facing when 90% of leaders are chewie, sid and phasma.

That does answer one of my lingering questions about whether or not I was somehow missing a way to see the whole team composition. Apparently not. (Which is probably for the best.)
  • Options
    It is not "bad luck" when a Sid-led (or any non-evasion enhancing leader) team dodges 22 different attacks in one fight and my Dooku-led team fails to dodge even a single attack in the same fight. It is actually close to impossible. The AI clearly has a major advantage in its chance to dodge which anyone who has played this game even a little while can confirm. So every day of Arena and GW tends to be an exercise in frustration. I don't actually fault the developers for having the AI "cheat" since it makes up for the fact that the AI will do silly things like attempt to heal a character with Healing Immunity on it -- which can often decide a battle.

The more I play, the more I value Speed, AOE and critical hits which do not seem to be at the mercy of the AI/RNG nearly as much. I actually place ZERO importance on Evasion as a mechanic for my own teams as I rarely see any dodges from my side. Just understand you won't win every day -- especially if you're not at the level cap.