Minimum investment for a toon to be viable now

Clearly you need to get them to at least
-level 80
-Gear 8
-fully modded

Just to barely be able to be used in arena or GW.
If you don't accomplish all of these your character is dead.

It seems a level 80 gear 8 or even 9 or 10 character is now completely obsolete. And Mods, you can't just use lvl 1 mods, you need a max modded char just to keep up, not even be great.

Replies

• pixman83
    118 posts Member
    Options
    I want to see what happens if you fully mod a 2 star, lvl 50, gear 1-6 toon. Are they viable compared to a non-modded toon?
  • Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Fully outfitting a toon in level 5 health mods probably adds another million to the cost depending how lucky or unlucky you are with the exploding xp.
  • Options
    Remorhaz wrote: »
    Fully outfitting a toon in level 5 health mods probably adds another million to the cost depending how lucky or unlucky you are with the exploding xp.

Thats what I was thinking too.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    My 4 star gear 6 Ugnaught won a galactic war node solo... Gear is nothing, stars are nothing, level is nothing, mods are 90% of your character... I have my 5 star Chirpa gear 6 (no protections yet mind you) I gave him 16k protection through mods... Anything else is a bonus mods are your character now
  • Options
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Mods (where 1 piece of mod is better than a whole tier of gear)