Mod Analogy

Leapster
124 posts Member
It took me a little bit to even figure out analogy of how to describe the mod implementation but i think I finally got one...

You go out and buy a brand new full wardrobe... you go to sleep.
A tailor sneaks into your closest and makes all your clothes 1 size too small so they are useless.

Replies

• 20kilo
    19 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    You buy new ingredient to make dinner

When you get home you find Gordon Ramsey in your kitchen. He throws away all of your ingredients and cooks a feast for you instead.
  • pixman83
    118 posts Member
    Options
    You buy new ingredient to make dinner

When you get home you find Gordon Ramsey in your kitchen. He throws away all of your ingredients and cooks a feast for you instead.

With ingredients that cost far less time and money than what you had purchased.
  • Options
    I was thinking it was more like...

You're an Olympic Weightlifting athlete and you're training for the Summer Olympics. You've been training hard for the last 3 years, sacrificing much for the goal of getting to the Olympics. All the hard work pays off and you get there only to find out that all of the competition has been taking the Super Soldier Serum that costs $1million dollars to take. By regular standards you are fully capable of competing and being successful but because something was made available that you can't afford, you might as well just go home and learn a new sport (aka play a new mobile game).
  • Options

You're an Olympic Weightlifting athlete and you're training for the Summer Olympics. You've been training hard for the last 3 years, sacrificing much for the goal of getting to the Olympics. All the hard work pays off and you get there only to find out that all of the competition has been taking the Super Soldier Serum that costs $1million dollars to take. By regular standards you are fully capable of competing and being successful but because something was made available that you can't afford, you might as well just go home and learn a new sport (aka play a new mobile game).

The super soldier serum cost should be more like $10...

Mods are cheap to get. You can get a full set of level-5 mods for each of your 5 arena characters with the same amount of credits as you need to get a lvl 1/1* character to lvl 80/7*
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I...got nothing! :neutral:
  • Options

Mods are cheap to get. You can get a full set of level-5 mods for each of your 5 arena characters with the same amount of credits as you need to get a lvl 1/1* character to lvl 80/7*

But when people are buying the expensive Mods from the store or getting higher tier mods from the challenges and you can't because you can't invest that much money in the Mod store or in grinding a full First Order team, Jawa Team, Resistance Team what are you supposed to do??? GW is on the borderline of being impossible as of today with the mods.

So I need money for...
    1. Crystal refreshes to grind characters I don't have and don't really want just so I can do the challenges
    2. Crystals to buy credit packs because GW is nearly impossible to finish unless you are modded out and other sources of credit suck
    3. Crystals to buy credit packs to promote the characters that I just grinded out
    4. Crystals to buy credit packs to level the characters that I just grinded out that I didn't want in the first place
    5. Crystals to purchase rarer mods

If some people have the disposable income for that, then awesome and if they enjoy spending their money that's great too; I have no qualms about that. I do not and from what I can tell from the forums and the 10 people that quit in my guild last night too, many people do not have the resources to play this game at any kind of a competitive level. This game is broken for people that do not have deep pockets.
  • Leapster
    124 posts Member
    Options

To be honest that isn't even the point. They basically made mods so overpowered compared to everything else that the game just got reset overnight. Any money previously spent to acquire anything is now moot.

They just ran a gear package special for people knowing this was coming out and how significant of a change it would be, which voids out any raid gear purchased, by a lot.
    That is pretty deceptive and shady practice for a business to make, it is almost the exact definition of a bait and switch/cash grab tactic.

I don't mind them making money. I was HAPPY to spend money on the game even with some of the other bugs, glitches etc
    I would be considered a whale in this environment. I don't regret what I've spent but it has now been turned into a waste and the previous 9months are almost eliminated all in one patch besides the fact of farming char shards etc just cause you need to level the chars anyways.
  • Options
    I think it's more like:

You spend a little bit of money every month on a game that you enjoy playing that features long-term rewards for working towards certain goals, then the game creators change the way you can achieve them, requiring you to spend more money, and then kick you in the ****.