Only whales can compete now

Prev1
I have been a f2p from the launch and have always kept up and had a great time. I love this game through the ups and downs. I've always hovered around top 20 in arena and am top 20 for t7 raids in a top 50 guild. Before being p2p gave you a slight (very slight) edge but that's understandable. Now there is literally no chance of you don't spend disgusting amounts of money on this now POS moneygrabbing app. Its pathetic and the game is infuriating now. The developers take advantage of people who don't have the self control to realize when they are in too deep and they milk them for all they can. Good luck to any f2p still trying. This game is dead.

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Im f2p and didnt notice any difference... maybe this will change tomorrow
  • Options
    I am a tiny dolphin and I completed it all.
    Once in a while I get gift cards for housekeeping at this guys house and I use it for crystals.
  • Options
    Completed what? Have you tried facing anyone in GW/ Arena who have maxed mods? There is zero chance to hear them. The only competitive/worthwhile modes are gone.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    I have been a f2p from the launch and have always kept up and had a great time. I love this game through the ups and downs. I've always hovered around top 20 in arena and am top 20 for t7 raids in a top 50 guild. Before being p2p gave you a slight (very slight) edge but that's understandable. Now there is literally no chance of you don't spend disgusting amounts of money on this now POS moneygrabbing app. Its pathetic and the game is infuriating now. The developers take advantage of people who don't have the self control to realize when they are in too deep and they milk them for all they can. Good luck to any f2p still trying. This game is dead.

The game is not dead, if you cant work out the modding system or look into then thats your issue.

You still had 4 days since the community update about mods to save your Cantina and refill with your arena rewards, if you decided against that again your issue.

There are loads of players that stockpiled their energy and actually havent spent more than what they normally do and now have the mods.
  • Options
    qmB15Es.png
    SAHijz7.png
    jngX0wB.png
    EPH1Wc3.png

Seems reasonable right.....
  • Options
    Smithie wrote: »

The game is not dead, if you cant work out the modding system or look into then thats your issue.

You still had 4 days since the community update about mods to save your Cantina and refill with your arena rewards, if you decided against that again your issue.

There are loads of players that stockpiled their energy and actually havent spent more than what they normally do and now have the mods.

1+
  • Options
    whats the problem - its a 2 week MAX window for FTP to catch Whales...

its like MAYBE 5 million credits to stack an arena squad with 5* mods

its really pretty generous of EA - im serious - considering their past grinds this is a piece of cake
  • Options
    Reddstorm wrote: »
    qmB15Es.png
    SAHijz7.png
    jngX0wB.png
    EPH1Wc3.png

Sad to say, but I've seen much worse Rey's.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    Reddstorm wrote: »
    qmB15Es.png
    SAHijz7.png
    jngX0wB.png
    EPH1Wc3.png

Sad to say, but I've seen much worse Rey's.

My Rey is worse than that, My Rey has 227 Speed and does 50k flurry crit
  • Options
    So many people in denial...... Its sad really... If you're trying to say any of us should have expected this level of change then you're just on the wrong side of reality. Or.... You're just a whale trying desperately to cling to the notion that your money spent is still justified. I pity you.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    So many people in denial...... Its sad really... If you're trying to say any of us should have expected this level of change then you're just on the wrong side of reality. Or.... You're just a whale trying desperately to cling to the notion that your money spent is still justified. I pity you.

It was detailed in the weekly community update, It said mods will make a massive difference to the characters. To me that means I best start saving my Cantina
  • Options
    Not everyone can religiously check these forums for every little detail.
  • Pierce
    38 posts Member
    Options

AGREED.Smithie is a whale who maxed out and can't handle it when others bring up some legitimate issues.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Im pretty sure 'MASSIVE' wasnt used...
  • Options
    Completed what? Have you tried facing anyone in GW/ Arena who have maxed mods? There is zero chance to hear them. The only competitive/worthwhile modes are gone.

Cleared GW and did 10 arenas - won them all and hit #49 in weeks.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pierce wrote: »

AGREED.Smithie is a whale who maxed out and can't handle it when others bring up some legitimate issues.

Haha Im no whale haha I have 30 7* but I do know how to read updates and plan ahead. I check the update every week so I know the info
  • Options

Haha Im no whale haha I have 30 7* but I do know how to read updates and plan ahead, something you clearly havent done
    Smithie is not a whale but a super hot looking guy. It's one of the best profile pics in SWGoH.

I hope he is single :*
  • Options
    I've played since launch and have 16 7*. I've hated the complaining that is always rampant in this forum. But this latest update is game breaking. I honestly just feel sorry for the people who have spent so much money on it. All I lost is my time spent.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options

Haha Im no whale haha I have 30 7* but I do know how to read updates and plan ahead, something you clearly havent done
    Smithie is not a whale but a super hot looking guy. It's one of the best profile pics in SWGoH.

Haha Thank you
  • Pierce
    38 posts Member
    Options

LOL!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Holy horse poo. Whales can put only 6 mods on a toon. They can only get 5 dot mods. They can only lvl them to 15, then they have to stop. No matter how much money they wish they could flush down the toilet to the rng gods, they have to stop there. Same as f2p.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Mods changed the game and for better or for worse, alot of my good friends quit the game because they didnt like it or the game isnt for them.

Me I have wanted to spend more time in the game but couldnt now the game is heading from a causal game to more of a RPG, lots of Reys and Ani or even Maul and Lando will have different set ups.

In games like this and when updates are announced and even more fo F2P, you have to prepare. The game will balance itself out when more mods are accessed from a new raid like 6-7*.
  • Options

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.. What's goin on here? What about my profile pic, show my boy some love, whoever this guy is. Oh nvm I'm jailed :disappointed:. Anyways! The mod system is really not working as intended and expect some changes people. Too many of the games fanbase is quitting, something will be done
  • Options
    You people are **** if you think this update is good for the game
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    B)
  • Options
    People that defend updates like this are the kind of people that are going to kill this game. They won't stand up to huge mistakes.
  • Options
    I've been playing daily since December. Not anymore. See ya EA you retards
  • Options
    People that defend updates like this are the kind of people that are going to kill this game. They won't stand up to huge mistakes.

What's the mistake? I admit I was on information overload for the first 16 hours, however now that I understand it, I don't see the issue.

Everyone has access to the same mods. The only difference is a P2P player can get more right away. That's exactly what they are PAYING for.

Not sure I understand.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Womp_Womp wrote: »

What's the mistake? I admit I was on information overload for the first 16 hours, however now that I understand it, I don't see the issue.

Everyone has access to the same mods. The only difference is a P2P player can get more right away. That's exactly what they are PAYING for.

Not sure I understand.

Two big ones as far as im concerned..

Its all linked to credits... hence why everyone has access to the same. But credits is now linked to progression..promotions and now mods

GW.... if you can complete it why do we have to face max mod teams... its sn AI
  • Options
    I'm not a whale and just took first in the arena.