When you say "a few hours or less"...

Mvnson
234 posts Member
When you say "a few hours or less" and can't deliver on the promised goods the polite thing to do is offer a reach around. That, or you can just make another 45 second post:

"Hey guys, ran into a few more unexpected issues, still tweaking, might be another 2-3 hours"

Or

"Alright everyone, were almost there, look for the update to drop in the next hour"

Or (most likely)

"Sorry everyone, the update won't be completed tonight as planned, turns out our offices are filled with Pokemon and well, gotta catch em all"

Thank you.

Replies

• Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Mvnson wrote: »
    When you say "a few hours or less" and can't deliver on the promised goods the polite thing to do is offer a reach around. That, or you can just make another 45 second post:

"Hey guys, ran into a few more unexpected issues, still tweaking, might be another 2-3 hours"

Or

"Alright everyone, were almost there, look for the update to drop in the next hour"

Or (most likely)

"Sorry everyone, the update won't be completed tonight as planned, turns out our offices are filled with Pokemon and well, gotta catch em all"

Thank you.

+1
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Overhype under deliver.....

Better to reverse that flow but yeah hard to imagine making that claim and not delivering just hours away.....
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    Define a few
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I wanna be the very best,
    Like no one ever was.
    To catch them is my real test,
    To train them is my cause.

I mean, uh, we're totally working on getting that update out. Yeah.
  • Mvnson
    234 posts Member
    Options
    ****?!?! We get an update last night and they say, we'll keep you posted in the morning.

It's now afternoon PST and radio silence,.

These Devs are truly a bunch of a$$holes.