EA/CG detachment from reality?

Cor
124 posts Member
edited July 2016
EA/CG guys, could you please actually read feedback from the community before you take any corrective actions? Recent dev update clearly indicates you guys seem to be detached from reality and have serious issues with identifying where the problems are. So please understand that the basic problem is that MODS ARE TOO POWERFUL. And this causes several serious issues:
1. Game imbalance. Too hard. For players without 5* mods GW becomes imposiible to complete. And they can forget about being competitive on Arena.
2. Game imbalance. Too easy. I know how it sounds - but you managed to accomplish both at the same time somehow. Anyway for whales and people who invested in Cantina energy and focus on t3 health challenge drops the game became too easy. Can sit on #1 on Arena without being touched. There are also guys who soloed Heroic raid - something the guild of 50 should work together to complete. What is the challenge now? What is the fun? It is like cracking the game to have everything maxed and get bored shortly after.
3. Such OP mods make a lot of features in a game totally useless or at least significantly diminished. Like grinding omegas for a month to give Rey extra 15% damage to each ability and finding out that giving her a few mods will increase damage by 100-200% in a few hours. This is frustrating.
4. Only ones listed above may cause a lot of people leave due to boredom or frustration. And you managed to create enormous entry barier for the new players - how can they even dream about competing with seazoned players in a reasonable time frame?

And your solution is to decrease mods drop rate. Have you really learned nothing from precrafting? Reducing the drops now will only make the gap wider and cause further frustration. Besides, drop rate reduction will not solve any of the issues listed above.

To sum up, mods seem to be a really good idea to slow people down and I like that idea much better than another level cap. But not in a way you implemented them - it is causing a lot of people to leave and speeding up some players incredibly. Instead of reducing mods drop rates just nerf them. If good set of mods gives 25% advantage people will be happy to grind them and it will still be possible to beat moded toons on arena and GW. And introduce T8 of raid to make some challenge for players with moded toons. This is all that needs to be done.

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Couldnt agree more... I fail to understand how lowering the drop rate solves the problem.. if nothing else it creates a further divide as players cannot catch up.

I like most actually like mods... just think they are over complicated and of course way to overpowerful..

This whole update has made me lose drive for the game and direction I was going...a few days ago I knew who the next omegas were going to...who was getting next raid gear... what chars I was gearing/lvling to become viable to use in my squad, now its just another set of 'stuff' I need to farm for a char.. the thought of starting a char from scratch does not appeal in the slightest at the moment
  • Options
    i hope that reduced drop rate will be not the only fix for mod issues and other fixes will come in few days

if don't, well..... so long !
  • Options
    That reduced mod drop rate is sure gonna fix the problem!! Lmao