221 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hey guys,

Thoughts on a phasma counter team.

Phasma (L)
Kylo
FOST
Fives

Not sure on last spot was thinking someone to reduce turn meter, Poe would be counter productive with taunting, maybe old ben?

My question facing this team would be after killing phasma who would you kill next?

Would this team be viable? Has anyone come across something similar (asides from Jedi counter team)?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If my stun team doesn't work this will be a variant I try. Of course you missed the most obvious member: Dooku.
    Planned stun team: Phasma, Dooku, Daka, Asajj, Kylo. Might drop Asajj for Lumi if I find this team doesn't stun enough to stay alive against damage dealers.
    Possible counter team: Phasma, Dooku, Kylo, Fives, ....? I have FOST but he's just SO uninteresting I have a hard time with the idea of leveling him up to 60 and then starring him.
    Possible tanky/stun/counter/assist combo team I am also considering: Phasma, Dooku, Daka, Fives, IG-86/Biggs/GeoSoldier.
    The last three are all easy to farm, I actually have Biggs, the only remotely interesting char I ever got from a bronzium, but never used him. I am not sure how they compare, I know IG-86 can really dish out a beating, and GeoSoldier is a "flavor of the week". Nobody seems to use Biggs, I am not sure if he hits hard enough to warrant using.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I always kill phasmas last.
  • Options
    Yea I wasn't sure about dooku as he's so squishy but he certainly was part of my thought process, he's also a huge commitment to promote as his shards are so hard to come by, but then again so are FOST shards.

I actually started thinking about this team because of a Reddit post showing how many stats FOST will excel in come level 70 and how similar he is to fives.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/40ayea/top_10_stats_in_every_stat/
  • MufasaBigD
    164 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey guys,

Thoughts on a phasma counter team.

Phasma (L)
    Kylo
    FOST
    Fives

Not sure on last spot was thinking someone to reduce turn meter, Poe would be counter productive with taunting, maybe old ben?

My question facing this team would be after killing phasma who would you kill next?

Would this team be viable? Has anyone come across something similar (asides from Jedi counter team)?

Phasma vs Phasma. I'm amazed how often I've gone up against the exact team as mine: phasma, both of us having Sids, Lum, Kylo and Dooku. I mix up the last spot with Daka vs. Dooku. You need a stunner!

Oh - I don't have 5's but I wish I did. He's activates bonus attacks on his own and this gets magnified with Phasma lead too, even at just 16%. Too bad he can't stun.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    As a last spot wouldnt someody like Bariss be decent? 5 high HP pool members on the team with a heal equilization to help with toons getting burst down seems kind of like a no brainer. Aayla could also be really good if you happened to have one decently starred up as well.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Barris? No. With Phasma and Barris your team is effectively 5 vs 3 and with no taunter and too low dps to even thinking of surviving.

This team here is the best most dangerous "syntetic counter team" I have ever seen in about 5000 fights...

image.jpg

It has such a huge meter manipulation and eztra attacks ...attacks about 4 times for every hit you make. Replace Leia and FOST with any counter of your choice, and you'd still win on defense most of the time.

The point is countering or not, tou want extra high damage attacks for free. Teams like these, loaded with 2 heavy counters can effectively turn an opposing team to ashes by early round 2.

• Options
    I don't see anyone in that team that counters?
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    Barris? No. With Phasma and Barris your team is effectively 5 vs 3 and with no taunter and too low dps to even thinking of surviving.

This team here is the best most dangerous "syntetic counter team" I have ever seen in about 5000 fights...

image.jpg

It has such a huge meter manipulation and eztra attacks ...attacks about 4 times for every hit you make. Replace Leia and FOST with any counter of your choice, and you'd still win on defense most of the time.

The point is countering or not, tou want extra high damage attacks for free. Teams like these, loaded with 2 heavy counters can effectively turn an opposing team to ashes by early round 2.

Do you mean "bonus attacks" assuming Phasma is lead? That I see. You're right, that team is awesome.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    As a last spot wouldnt someody like Bariss be decent? 5 high HP pool members on the team with a heal equilization to help with toons getting burst down seems kind of like a no brainer. Aayla could also be really good if you happened to have one decently starred up as well.

I was thinking about a healer in the last spot but if it were going to be anyone it would be Lumi, Bariss has high health but her attack sucks so much. Also with AI on your defending pvp team, it's hard to rely on healing to make a difference as it uses it so willy-nilly.

• Options
    I still don't see an answer to the OP. This is a team that I am seriously considering as well, but I'm concerned about the lack of a healer. Is this "strictly countering" team viable? Phasma (L), Fives, FOST, Kylo, Dooku
  • Options
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    I still don't see an answer to the OP. This is a team that I am seriously considering as well, but I'm concerned about the lack of a healer. Is this "strictly countering" team viable? Phasma (L), Fives, FOST, Kylo, Dooku
    I'd be concerned about AOE dot teams.

• Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    You mean aoe dot teams would be concerned with this team. The counter to aoe teams is counter attackers. The counter to this team would be a mix of high dps, heals and stuns.
  • Options
    JayBeefed wrote: »

That's why I'm thinking no dooku, he's too squishy. with fives and FOST having such high HP I think Lumi wouldn't be bad but that 5th spot is still up in the air for me. I have some time before I can level my FOST and I don't have fives yet but this is on my list of things to try, considering my first order team was lacklustre this became my new project.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm still primarily going for a stun team, but as an experiment in GW I tried a team of Phasma, Dooku, Kylo, Fives and Daka. Despite my Fives still only being 3*, this was pretty nasty. With no real healing (Daka's is awful) my team was down a lot, but the other team got their butts handed to them. When their Kylo AoEd he got half my team in his face and was knocked to half health immediately. Same when their Phasma tried her speed debuff.
    Daka's stuns were useful here, but I think Lumi would be better. She doesn't fit the "concept" but her heal is hard to pass on and she does good damage and has an ability block.
  • ckl
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I use Daka a lot and I thought I saw an assist granted on the ally of a stunned opponent. So when stunned pharma turn was up, an ally got an assist. Can anyone else verify this?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just did some more experiments in GW against this team: 6*Phasma, 7*Sid, 7*Lumi, 7*Asajj, 6*Kylo. Pretty tough, though not the current "meta".
    The best results I got was with my Phasma, Kylo, Dooku, Fives, Lumi team. This despite my Fives still being only 3*! Lumi is simply better than Daka in this team. Counter teams are inherently defensive and without a proper heal your guys will simply die too quickly for this team concept to work.
    Actually, I think Phasma, Daka, Dooku, Fives, Lumi might be even better. Kylo is good but isn't really a reliable counter-attacker unless the AI AoEs a lot or is dumb. Daka's stuns are very useful, and with Lumi there she won't die in 5 seconds.
  • Pierce123
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I lucked out on a 4* Aayla and so I use

6* Phasma OR 4* Ima Gun Di (I actually farmed him, yup) as my leader
    5* Barriss
    5* Dooku
    7* Fives
    4* Aayla

This is just for fun, and I never use Kylo, Ima or Aayla in the real game... I just find this team endlessly entertaining.