Decouple Mods from Characters (Suggestion for Mod Improvement)

I would suggest to decouple mod cards from characters. Right now, since you can move mods for a credit fee between characters, you swap mods between fallen and active toons. Lose a toon in GW, strip his mods and equip it to the next man up.

Simplify this process by allowing players to customize mod cards and shift the entire card from toon to toon for a fee (should be the same as removal of all the mods). Players can customize offensive mod cards, a health cards, etc. You can see how the card impacts the toon before you assign it and move completed cards between toons.

You will still have all of the functionality that is currently in play with mods, it just will save time, especially in the new 'improved' GW.

Just a thought. I don't like the new system, and I think it broke the game. I've lost guild mates over it (about 20% of my guild has quit). But I know you are changing in @EA_Jesse, so can you at least make it a little easier. Thanks.
Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Wont this just mean you wont need to farm any mods once you have a set of five ? Cause in GW for example or raids you just move the set along lol
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Wont this just mean you wont need to farm any mods once you have a set of five ? Cause in GW for example or raids you just move the set along lol

It depends @Saraleb - If you want 5 Offensive based cards, you need to farm enough to make that card (so 30 five rarity mods). It also is no different than what you can do right now.

In GW yesterday, I used all of my mods on waves of players to get by node 11, you just remove them from fallen toons and re-equip them to active ones toon. It really changes nothing, just the amount of time investment.
    Do or Do not.

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    lol I understand what you mean but no way devs would go for that... means noone would have any reason to farm them once you have a 'small' set you need
  • Options
    If I stick with the game, and that is a big if at this point, I am not going to be farming mods past the point it is necessary to equip main characters anyway. I will be going back to shard farming anyway. Plus I need to shift mods anyway to toons to up their power for mod challenges, credit heist, raid, etc. Just looking for the easy button to do that... I would also be ok with a transfer button that would allow me to shift all 6 at once, rather then remove then re-equip one at a time.
    Do or Do not.

• Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    lol I understand what you mean but no way devs would go for that... means noone would have any reason to farm them once you have a 'small' set you need

Its the same as it is now...
    Now u rip mods of 1 by 1 for a fee
    With this suggestion you could rip out all 6 mods with 1 click
    Price on both would be the same, the card just sums all up
    Would make this process a lot faster!
    I know i swap around full sets all the time, so i'd love that!

I just dont get why you would do this in GW? You basically use more credits moving mods around than you make in GW total...
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Ah OK yes see what you mean.. Cost would be crazy to do though if removing 6 maxed mods would imagine
  • Options
    @jackTHErandom - I only did it in GW because I was at Node 11.... thought if I could get through it I would have a nerf node 12...so it was worth the cost to transfer based on that assumption to get by a full meta modded team...

However, node 12 was no better... so, it ended up being a new loss... it figures it was the one thing that was fixed.
    Do or Do not.