They nerf mods today then what ? IMHO : Semi-whale

SamoBudo
223 posts Member
edited July 2016
So I have a question. I am pretty sure mods will be nerfed within in the next 12 hrs but what about players like myself and others who have spent 1000's of crystals on cantina refreshes credits to try to get ahead. What happens to us ? How will you fix this ? @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Before I get trolled by F2P's please understand that it is players like myself who seriously spend on this game are the ones who pay for the salaries of developers. The "suck it and see" approach works fine if the game is completely free but chopping and changing mid-stream in a panic is has caused a loss of confidence from your top spenders. It is a matter of course when we see others stop spending we also stop as a group. Every whale that is burned won't return, why should they ? They can get their fix somewhere else spending on another app. Will this game end ? of course it will. Every game I have played ends but I would have expected at least a couple of years before this spiraled into oblivion.

IMHO as everyone is entitled.

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    I really have no idea how they can nerf mods... EVERY player that has either bought crystals or energy to get them which is probably everyone to a degree would look for compensation
  • Zeu
    95 posts Member
    Options
    I think we get to keep whatever we got. They nerf the drop rate and lucky roll After the update

• SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    I really have no idea how they can nerf mods... EVERY player that has either bought crystals or energy to get them which is probably everyone to a degree would look for compensation

Lets see what happens in 12 hrs. If I get 350 crystals I will not be impressed as I spent 100 x this.
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more.

I'm a moderate spender, and used about 6000 Crystals getting/upgrading mods. If there is a change I don't think I would spend anymore on this game.
  • Options
    Why nerf mods? This stuff balances itself out (and IMHO already has)...
    200k hp tank dies just as quick now as a 50k hp tank did before
    This all just makes a lot more toons useable...

And pls dont start with "4* g7 modded toon kills 7* g10 unmodded toon"... thats like bringing a knife to a gunfight... the unmodded toon being the knife

They are out now for a day... let stuff settle!

But apart from that, mods in general is a great idea, just sad the implementation is weird!
  • Options
    weird ?

call it "horrible"
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    weird ?

call it "horrible"

I would call it extreme.. if it wasnt as overpowered with the rest of the improvements that came with it would have been one of the best updated we've seen
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    So what they nerf mods, they should 10% of the power they are and should have been that all along. You still would have spent all those crystals to get that competitive advantage of 10%.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I do agree mods balanced itself and make more toons viable. At least, it makes events and raid more accessible.

One does need a mod up team for clearing GW and maintains arena rank now but it is not anyone else fault if one decides not to mode up or decide to take it slow to mod up.

Why nerf mods? This stuff balances itself out (and IMHO already has)...
    200k hp tank dies just as quick now as a 50k hp tank did before
    This all just makes a lot more toons useable...

And pls dont start with "4* g7 modded toon kills 7* g10 unmodded toon"... thats like bringing a knife to a gunfight... the unmodded toon being the knife

They are out now for a day... let stuff settle!

But apart from that, mods in general is a great idea, just sad the implementation is weird!

• Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    So what they nerf mods, they should 10% of the power they are and should have been that all along. You still would have spent all those crystals to get that competitive advantage of 10%.

Care to explain why? If you just grant 10% increase, then we can go back to pre-mods game... no point having them... 10% doesnt do poop...
    You wanting to keep seeing the same teams over and over as you did the last few months?
    Whats the point?

Extreme stat increase means that each and every toon is viable!
    You get endless possibilites handed to you, and you dont want it!

Thats like being offered a great job that lets u travel around the world and not taking it because you want to keep sitting in your cubicle...

And, as i said above, a modded 7*/g10 wipes the floor with a modded 4*/g7, as it should be...
  • Options
    Agreed. I banked energy and credits hard in anticipation of this release. Because I, you know, planned ahead. It made other areas suffer. I didn't farm shards (or gear really due to not being sure what to expect) I didn't meet my energy spent quotas for the guild. But I figured it would pay off in the end. And it did. Now, all that effort and sacrifice will be made less of. Because of whiners...sorry, um, the...planningly challenged, bless their little hearts, raising such a stink that the devs are compelled to, (get this!)

A. make the mods harder to get through RNG, and

B. Undoubtedly reduce their effectiveness.

To what end, I wonder? Daily "Grrr Rey and RG" threads being made still. "Waaah RNG (now including mods!) There will be meta mods everyone wants and whales will predominately have them first and more of them because they spend for them. So what exactly has this **** got anyone? What's been gained?

Nothing.
  • Options
    Right on!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options

Care to explain why? If you just grant 10% increase, then we can go back to pre-mods game... no point having them... 10% doesnt do poop...
    You wanting to keep seeing the same teams over and over as you did the last few months?
    Whats the point?

Thats like being offered a great job that lets u travel around the world and not taking it because you want to keep sitting in your cubicle...

And, as i said above, a modded 7*/g10 wipes the floor with a modded 4*/g7, as it should be...

No, the only variation you'll see is the current meta with slight different mods but maxed out. A maxed Rey meta still beats a maxed nightsister squad e.g.
    Increasing stats and make them multiplicative only empowers the current meta. It's a moneysink and nothing more. Variation is an illusion.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options

Whats the point?

I'm not sure that RayRay is right that people would have spent the same amount for a 10% increase in power, but yes, they would have spent copious amounts because not seizing an advantage means you're falling behind.

Regarding your assertion that a modded 7* g10 wipes with floor with a modded 4* g7, I'm not sure that's always the case. With the right mods on a 4* g7 Rey, I'd bet on her against (for example) a 7* g10 Mob Enforcer. Everytime.
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Well, this is a delicate balance between appeasing F2Ps and hearing the taxpayers. IMHO, mods should be nerfed in some ways, but don't ask me how.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I'm f2p and have spent over 2,000 crystals since update. That's not easy for me to make at all so I seriously hope my investment pays off.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »

Whats the point?

No, the only variation you'll see is the current meta with slight different mods but maxed out. A maxed Rey meta still beats a maxed nightsister squad e.g.
    Increasing stats and make them multiplicative only empowers the current meta. It's a moneysink and nothing more. Variation is an illusion.

This is 100% correct. In fact, mods actually limit variation because most players (whales not included) will have very limited options in terms of mods and who to apply their high-powered and fully leveled up mods to. Many people in my guild are already crystal and credit poor from modding up the past 24 hours - and most have only modded their arena teams - and then some still can't finish GW now.

Make no mistake though - this is by design. EA wants everyone to feel like they are "falling behind" and need "just one more mod".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I think there is plenty of room for variation. I made Darth Maul a speedy hard hitting monster like he should be yesterday. Then I took his mods off and gave them to Kylo Ren (switched other toons mods to Phasma and FOTP as well) so i could accomplish some of the First Order mod challenges I was getting smoked on before having that idea.

But, no, no variation at all.
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Crazy L6 mods available in raids as of now basically they are nerfing mod 5's this way instead.
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Options
    As they write a fix for this my original question still stands. Are those who have spent now get a bullet ?
  • Options
    They shouldnt nerf mods. They should remove it. Rollback and compensate for all the money spent.
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    gitts411 wrote: »
    They shouldnt nerf mods. They should remove it. Rollback and compensate for all the money spent.

They won't roll back took them 2 weeks to fix the Raid issue this could be in the unfixable bucket.
    ie they need to track refund every purchase of crystal/Energy/credits. What if I only bought crystal for Mods ? I don't want the crystal now if there are no mods?

There will be a legal precedent as is this allegedly fraudulent?. It would be easier to nerf.

They will do what is easier not what is right.
  • Options
    The mods aren't really the problem with this update. The problem is now the credit crunch is even worse than it already was. This is a pure money grab and it looks like the community is at its breaking point.
  • Options
    SamoBudo wrote: »
    gitts411 wrote: »

They won't roll back took them 2 weeks to fix the Raid issue this could be in the unfixable bucket.
    ie they need to track refund every purchase of crystal/Energy/credits. What if I only bought crystal for Mods ? I don't want the crystal now if there are no mods?

There will be a legal precedent as is this allegedly fraudulent?. It would be easier to nerf.

They will do what is easier not what is right.

Well all you can really do now is enjoy your purchases until they do something about it. They can keep mods as it is or nerf it. Both options wont stop the game from bleeding to death. A rollback would.
  • Krak
    68 posts Member
    Options
    SamoBudo wrote: »
    So I have a question. I am pretty sure mods will be nerfed within in the next 12 hrs but what about players like myself and others who have spent 1000's of crystals on cantina refreshes credits to try to get ahead. What happens to us ? How will you fix this ? @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Before I get trolled by F2P's please understand that it is players like myself who seriously spend on this game are the ones who pay for the salaries of developers. The "suck it and see" approach works fine if the game is completely free but chopping and changing mid-stream in a panic is has caused a loss of confidence from your top spenders. It is a matter of course when we see others stop spending we also stop as a group. Every whale that is burned won't return, why should they ? They can get their fix somewhere else spending on another app. Will this game end ? of course it will. Every game I have played ends but I would have expected at least a couple of years before this spiraled into oblivion.

IMHO as everyone is entitled.

you don't support the game, you support the business model
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Nerfed as suspected