the disconnect between devs and players...

Weezy34
117 posts Member
What are two of the biggest complaints on these forums?

1- amount of time it takes to do everything
2- utter lack of credits

Developers read these complaints and decide to add another time consuming aspect of the game that requires a ton of credits.

Brilliant... Absolutely brilliant

Replies

• Options
    I really don't think the DEVS look at this forum whatsoever....where did someone say to reduce drop rates of mods?!?
  • Options
    I don't think the CG lesser devs are allowed to view or comment in the forums, as it may be part of their contract with the company....they don't want their "pure-hearted" devs to be "tainted" by the truth found on these forums; it might give them rebellious ideas.
  • DarkHelmet40
    137 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    But you can get more credits if you...spend a bunch of credits to farm and level an army of scoundrels!

And GW will now give you more credits if you...spend a bunch of credits to level up mods, that you can only get by farming and leveling other toons by spending more credits!
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    **** wrote: »
    "during the initial testing and balancing phases of these Mods, we received feedback very similar to your initial reaction, "

But yet , instead of holding back and investigating why, they did it anyways. Totally irresponsible
    This x 1000, even if the imaginary testers say "woah" they still go ahead. What a total bunch of plonkers.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Is this going to make us more money by giving whales more to spend on? Yes. Does it affect f2p? Who gives a ****.

Thats the rational mobile companies have, and most specifically ea,cg. I dont know why you expect different.
  • Weezy34
    117 posts Member
    Options
    "during the initial testing and balancing phases of these Mods, we received feedback very similar to your initial reaction, "

But yet , instead of holding back and investigating why, they did it anyways. Totally irresponsible

Haha this can't be serious?!
    They tested it, people hated it, and they send it out anyway?

Then why test? This game is run by fools
  • XeroxBlack
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    What makes you think that whales want to keep spending money. Whales buy things to either have an advantage or because they don't have patience. They don't want to keep spending money just for the sake of spending money. There are plenty of whales leaving too.
  • Nicol_Bolas
    375 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Players: Mods cost a lot of credits!!

Devs: Don't worry, we'll just give you fewer mods!

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options

If you recall they said the same thing with the protection update
  • Options
    XeroxBlack wrote: »
    What makes you think that whales want to keep spending money. Whales buy things to either have an advantage or because they don't have patience. They don't want to keep spending money just for the sake of spending money. There are plenty of whales leaving too.

Exactly and if they aren't spending money they have lost their purpose and the game needs new whales
  • Options
    I think the real disconnect with te devs and the players is that the devs don't play the game. I mean, I know they run battles and whatnot but in their test environments. They look for balance using maxed out combinations of toons many of us don't have. They are not playing like we are where you have to grind up a toon. They don't recognize how a roster of 30 or so characters isn't enough to run through GW. Simply put, they don't play the game like us. Since they don't, they do not understand why the community is so aggrevated. Unfortunately this is all too common of an occurance. They give us what they think we need rather than what we, as consumers, desire. At the end of the day we want to win and they have taken that ability away from a large number of players.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    Players: Mods cost a lot of credits!!

Devs: Don't worry, we'll just give you fewer mods!

Omg lol!
    It all makes perfect sense now!
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    I think the real disconnect with te devs and the players is that the devs don't play the game. I mean, I know they run battles and whatnot but in their test environments. They look for balance using maxed out combinations of toons many of us don't have. They are not playing like we are where you have to grind up a toon. They don't recognize how a roster of 30 or so characters isn't enough to run through GW. Simply put, they don't play the game like us. Since they don't, they do not understand why the community is so aggrevated. Unfortunately this is all too common of an occurance. They give us what they think we need rather than what we, as consumers, desire. At the end of the day we want to win and they have taken that ability away from a large number of players.

Actually I think the devs do play and do have a huge amount of love for what they do, but unfortunately have to answer to an executive producer who definitely doesn't play anything but on his calculator.
  • Options

That exactly. Who are you testing with? A bunch of 9 year olds? Any game I've EVER been involved with, when you see 90% of the player base using the same character ( RG ) they should automatically think hey that's probably too good.

So solution 1 is mods????

Solution to mods, make them harder to get????? Unless you already got them aka precraft 2.0.

Just 1 horrible decision after another. And let's not forget getting lied to:

No we didn't change the difficulty on yoda.

No we didn't change GW.
  • Options
    Going downhill and the management only solution is remove the brakes and press the gas.
  • Options
    JoseIrimia wrote: »
    Going downhill and the management only solution is remove the brakes and press the gas.

With mods they cut the brake lines. :neutral:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »

If you recall they said the same thing with the protection update

Actually, they didn't say that. The reaction to the protection update was far less heated - and it was only about the time it added. Many people praised it (rightfully so to a certain extent) as a way to change the speed meta.

Mods are different - they completely changed the game. This is not the same game it was 2 days ago. And the "QA department" (lol - if they have one) knows it and the devs know it - and they knew it before they tossed this half-baked piece of junk they call an update on their servers. They were hoping they could capture the people who were Pokemon Go-ing away.

They may have roped in a few whales, but far more have headed out to sea...other apps, with better game play and better balance.

This, right here, is why EA has won "worst company" twice in a row (something never been done before). Practices like this - bait and switch. But, as developers have already stated loud and clear (although, not directly) - it is working as intended. And the intention was to pull the rug out from everyone who had been playing for the last 6 months, change the game completely then try to get the whales to re-up for SW:GOH2:A New Mod.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Asking for things from EA is like making a deal with the Devil. You never truly get what you want. They tell you they are doing everything you the players are asking. But in the end it benefits them and only them.
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    Options
    Weezy34 wrote: »

2- utter lack of credits

Developers read these complaints and decide to add another time consuming aspect of the game that requires a ton of credits.

I am sorry, I got lost in statement number 1. Didn't they just add the ability to essentially sim the entire game but raids and squad????
  • Options
    drdavee wrote: »
    Weezy34 wrote: »

2- utter lack of credits

I am sorry, I got lost in statement number 1. Didn't they just add the ability to essentially sim the entire game but raids and squad????

Yes but it effectively takes more time. Now to lvl up or get character shards and things unless you spend tons of $$$$$. That's what he is referring to.