The future of gear with mods incorporated

Now that mods have made gear basically only worth getting to enable Prot, what can be done moving forward? There is no point in farming gear at this point so the next decision point will be when maxed mods are the norm. If actual character diversity is achieved and the game is interesting then no will bother to spend the amount of time required to get gear at all since the bonus is miniscule. So will they make gear 10+ be so powerful it restarts the entire imbalance screams again or is there a way to make gear relevant in the future?

Replies

• Options
    Not sure I follow, with 97 percent up on protection coming the mod the base level of protection is even more important, not less, as the amount gained when gearing up is essentially being doubled.
  • Options
    Sorry if I had poor phrasing. Outside of percentage gains, pure stat points which also feed percentage gains, are gained at rates which make gear not worth the rate of return vs mods. When maxed mods become commonplace will people want to go back to spending days and days or spending insane amounts of money to get much smaller, relatively, gains. I don't think so but wanted to hear what ppl had to say.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure pure stat points from mods feed percentage gains from mods.... I think they only increase from base?