I Truly Don't Understand

UlicQ
198 posts Member
People were upset because of how easy it was to mod any toon into a god, negating all the hard work they had done on leveling, starring, and gearing toons (gear being the biggest issue). People were upset because all of this godlike power was not being represented in squad's arena power, so they were being unfairly matched up against 5* maxed modded teams when they had yet or barely started messing with mods, and being blocked from finishing the GW (don't even get me started on the arena).

So the answer to this... is to make it harder for us to get the mods we now desperately need just to be able to compete and complete the same areas we were able to the day before?? (Plus it's now more expensive?) I truly, truly, truly don't understand.

I just simmed my first tier 3 health challenge (since health is the only challenge I can complete with my toons). I did it twice. Both times I didn't get a single mod. It would have been bad enough to get a tier 4 or below since yesterday I was guaranteed a 5 on this same challenge. But nope. I didn't even get a tier 1. Awesome.

So now how am I (and anyone else who didn't pre-mod) supposed to catch up to all these 5* maxed teams that are flooding our GW's and arenas? I seriously want to know. How does this update "fix" the issues you said you heard us presenting?

All that needed to be done was to lower the effectiveness of the mods (and or add a gear requirement to open the various slots - just to name another idea I've seen floating around). There were multiple ways to go about fixing this, but THIS was not one of them...