Constructive Criticism on the Credit Crunch

Minowara
536 posts Member
Jessie -- you said that you were looking for feedback from us. We would greatly appreciate if you would just listen to us. There are not enough credits to go around.

What is fun:
Hunting down shards to make characters and star them up.
Farming gear to make our characters better.
Doing fun events and pvp and raids.

What is not fun:
Having shards to unlock and star up characters with no credits to star them up
Having characters to level to 80 and no credits to level them up
Having a single mod cost as much as starring up a character, and you need at the very least 30 of them.
Having team requirements for events, having the shards for that team, but no enough credits to get that team.

There are simply not nearly enough credits given to players. We have been telling you all this for a long time. Instead of fixing it, you made it worse, and you made it worse after just telling us that it was going to be better.

- Very little was done to make it better, as the only area you targeted was GW. GW is now virtually unfinishable, so the credits coming out of galactic war at the now elevated levels are equal to what we were getting before when we could actually finish it.

- You released the initial version of this patch which had a full mod costing around 300k credits. Then you 'fix' things, and now it costs 600k for a Tier 5. Around a million for a Tier 6. Around 1.5 million for a tier 7. The community sees this as betrayal and lies. This needs fixed and it needs fixed immediately. Fixed is at LEAST halving the cost of training mods.

- There are no discernible gains that we can tell as far as mod battles helping anyone gain additional credits. You told us that they would. We don't see it. We would like some communication about your calculations as far as how exactly you all believe that selling mods is putting more credits into the system. Here are my calculations: We get 144 cantina energy per day. A tier 3 mod challenge costs 16 energy so we can run 9 per day. On average, we will get 3 mods from that. So we get 7,500x9 + 3x10,000. That's 97,500 credits per day on our cantina energy. Cantina battles cost us the same energy and net 7,000 credits each (assuming highest tier), so that's 63,000 credits. So the net gain of all of this is about 34,000 credits a day? A single tier 5 mod costs about 600,000 credits to level up. So the 'gain' that you told us about is that once every 17 days, we can max a mod? That's nothing.

We need an additional 300,000 to 400,000 credits per day. That number is on top of the 'extra credits' that you've already put in, which are insultingly low. You can be creative in how you give us them. The scoundrel event was pretty creative, except that it had a 12 day gap. Not exactly what we all had hoped for. If you put these credits behind a crystal wall, then it will not solve the problem. If you put them on the last node of a guild war, it will not solve the problem. The credit costs of this game have skyrocketed, and the efforts that have been put forth to fix this are inadequate and display a lack of understand what the player-base goes through. The community has been asking for this for months. To fix this game, you need to increase the credit flow. I have tons of crystals. I have bought tons of crystals. I spend on average $150 a month on this game, but I refuse to buy 548,000 credits for 595 crystals. Put other things behind pay walls, but the credits need to flow. They need to flow right now. It doesn't require testing. Just put them in. Right now.

Replies

• Options
    Wasted thread, no one's listening. Credit crunch, ha, old hat. Spend crystals, dummy!
  • Vyse
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Nice post..... Lot of Truths in it
  • Options
    This is the main problem with this update and this game. If they don't wanna add more credits things that cost credits need to be halved at least.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Bump -- this issue will not go away.
  • Pierce
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Wasted thread, no one's listening. Credit crunch, ha, old hat. Spend crystals, dummy!

EA employee?
  • SMan
    49 posts Member
    Options
    As though anything will change... 10k credit difference between tier 4 and 5 on the bounty hunter challenge is their idea of enough of a bump to max out toons.
  • Options
    Completely agree! We need more credits.
  • ElixirU
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the topicstarter!
    We need more credits immediately!!!
    Don't ruin the pleasure of playing the game!
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Credit crunch? You can buy 100k for 600 crystals. There's virtually no limit. *no irony*
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Personally I think credit crunch is least of problems. Real problem is....
    1. Patch caught people unprepared. If u came into patch with no credits, u are maybe a straw away from rage quit. Now u cant even do more than 3 quarter of a GW, to get those credits u didn't have the omniscience to save for the patch.
    2. PrecraftING 2.0. In case that's not enough, now they slash drop rate to 30 percent and double lvl cost. So now ur hole is twice as deep.

I am not in this siatuation, because I had credits. But it would be nice to have a healthy game and other people to play with.

That my take. I do not actually give a crap one way or another as to how little credits we get. As long as it is same for everyone. I do care when patch creates huge artificial gaps that are quite frustrating if ur caught on the wrong end of the stick.

This can 99% be fixed by properly accounting mods into power level and GW difficulty. So people without mods can c9mplete GW at the proper rate. Then they're only behind a few days not weeks. Precrafting 2.0 is still out there but this would be a good start, at least.
  • Options
    credit crisis is real

by my calculations im looking at 6 weeks of leveling up 6* mods

so no toon upgrades for at least that long

the mods are actually fun though

• Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    Jessie -- you said that you were looking for feedback from us. We would greatly appreciate if you would just listen to us. There are not enough credits to go around.

What is fun:
    Hunting down shards to make characters and star them up.
    Farming gear to make our characters better.
    Doing fun events and pvp and raids.

What is not fun:
    Having shards to unlock and star up characters with no credits to star them up
    Having characters to level to 80 and no credits to level them up
    Having a single mod cost as much as starring up a character, and you need at the very least 30 of them.
    Having team requirements for events, having the shards for that team, but no enough credits to get that team.

There are simply not nearly enough credits given to players. We have been telling you all this for a long time. Instead of fixing it, you made it worse, and you made it worse after just telling us that it was going to be better.

- Very little was done to make it better, as the only area you targeted was GW. GW is now virtually unfinishable, so the credits coming out of galactic war at the now elevated levels are equal to what we were getting before when we could actually finish it.

- You released the initial version of this patch which had a full mod costing around 300k credits. Then you 'fix' things, and now it costs 600k for a Tier 5. Around a million for a Tier 6. Around 1.5 million for a tier 7. The community sees this as betrayal and lies. This needs fixed and it needs fixed immediately. Fixed is at LEAST halving the cost of training mods.

- There are no discernible gains that we can tell as far as mod battles helping anyone gain additional credits. You told us that they would. We don't see it. We would like some communication about your calculations as far as how exactly you all believe that selling mods is putting more credits into the system. Here are my calculations: We get 144 cantina energy per day. A tier 3 mod challenge costs 16 energy so we can run 9 per day. On average, we will get 3 mods from that. So we get 7,500x9 + 3x10,000. That's 97,500 credits per day on our cantina energy. Cantina battles cost us the same energy and net 7,000 credits each (assuming highest tier), so that's 63,000 credits. So the net gain of all of this is about 34,000 credits a day? A single tier 5 mod costs about 600,000 credits to level up. So the 'gain' that you told us about is that once every 17 days, we can max a mod? That's nothing.

We need an additional 300,000 to 400,000 credits per day. That number is on top of the 'extra credits' that you've already put in, which are insultingly low. You can be creative in how you give us them. The scoundrel event was pretty creative, except that it had a 12 day gap. Not exactly what we all had hoped for. If you put these credits behind a crystal wall, then it will not solve the problem. If you put them on the last node of a guild war, it will not solve the problem. The credit costs of this game have skyrocketed, and the efforts that have been put forth to fix this are inadequate and display a lack of understand what the player-base goes through. The community has been asking for this for months. To fix this game, you need to increase the credit flow. I have tons of crystals. I have bought tons of crystals. I spend on average $150 a month on this game, but I refuse to buy 548,000 credits for 595 crystals. Put other things behind pay walls, but the credits need to flow. They need to flow right now. It doesn't require testing. Just put them in. Right now.

This is perfectly described and written down. Well done buddy. Especially that we wait since month for a fix. Hard to understand why the credit crunch gets worse (exponentially) with every update.
  • Options
    Well said
    Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!
  • boellefisk
    331 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Saying that something like the scoundrel event is good for gaining credits isn't really true, since I don't even have enough credits to level up any scoundrels to actually do the scoundrel events since I have to put all my credits into mods just to be able to get some credits from GW and not sink too low on arena (which would cause even fewer crystals and mean no refreshes).

It's a vicious circle of poop, and the developers are monkeys.
  • Options
    Well as a counter to that, boellefisk, it should be very easy to slap some high level mods onto some low level scoundrels and clean up the event at this point.
  • Options
    Changes NEED to be done!!!
  • Options
    "Put other things behind pay walls, but the credits need to flow. They need to flow right now. It doesn't require testing. Just put them in. Right now."

+1,000,000
  • Options
    If you gave me 30 million credits it would be insufficient to just star my characters I have ready and level them. That's not even taking mods into consideration.