Character Collecting

I pretty much have my original team high enough for now that I'm hovering the 50-10 mark in arena. I just started unlocking my next set of characters and was wondering if it would be wise to try and unlock as many characters as I can so I have a wide range to choose from. I am aware that by spreading my resources I may lag behind on some players but I feel this way I might be able to come up with some different combinations.

Replies

• Options
    I unlock them just because I like collecting. I have so many 4 star guys I'll probably never use but at least they aren't grey lol
  • Options
    Play however you want, you might just have more fun than you would otherwise. That is a great thing.
  • Options
    If you have energy to kill, or get a lot from bronzium pulls, it can't hurt to work on em in your spare time. Getting good gear for my tops characters has basically began to drain my energy so much I can't even work on other character, though.
  • Options
    If you have energy to kill, or get a lot from bronzium pulls, it can't hurt to work on em in your spare time. Getting good gear for my tops characters has basically began to drain my energy so much I can't even work on other character, though.

I'm at the other end. Now that I've maxed all the gear for every character I use, all my energy goes to shards. I farm 6-7 different characters from hard modes daily.
  • Options
    As stated, play however you want and whichever way will give you the most enjoyment.

For me, I'd rather unlock characters than just try and be in some top bracket of some silly mode in a mobile app. For me, it'd get pretty darn boring if all I cared about was arena placement instead of trying to collect more characters and gear them up. Today I broke the top 100 for the first time (f2p here and I don't do more fights than the freebie 5 every day) which was kind of nice to see but it did not make my life any better nor do I really care. I could go tell people I know that I broke the top 100 and they wouldn't care.

Maybe I'm just too old but I just don't get why so many are drawn to being high up in rankings of video games (outside of competitions you actually get prizes/money for) and apps like this. They don't give any real life rewards and I can't imagine any sane person really cares what some stranger has accomplished. At least I don't as I don't look at the top of my leaderboard and say "wow, this stranger I will never know in my life and who has probably spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on a simplistic mobile app is amazing. I'm envious."

• Options
    I love collecting and focus most of my resources unlocking toons, and powering up a select handful from each side. Id like to think Ill play a long time, and with nerfs coming and new toon synergies introduced as they release more playable toons, I like to keep my options open. Imagine if Poggle/Lumi/Dooku/Sid all get nerfed, they make up so many teams, and so many have focused their time and resources on leveling them up. Depending on how many toons they release in updates, it would be nice to have them all.
    *Also its fun to theory craft new teams, and thats easy when you have them. I started playing in early Dec and have 36 out of 71 toons unlocked with only 4 being untouched.