This is What Should Have Happened

Initially, I was really excited for mods because I thought it would add another layer of cool strategy to the game. Instead, the way they released it did completely the opposite and whoever has the crystals to spend on cantina energy and credits now has the best lineup. This is what they did not do, that they should have done:

1) Only introduced one and two star mods. These mods do enough to buff the character while not breaking the game. When a single 5* mod grants as much speed or crit damage as the mod bonus you get from pairing four mods together I think that there is something wrong with that picture. If they wanted to introduce the 3-5* star mods, then they should waited several weeks to do so.

2) Challenges--I like the idea of mod challenges but they should have modeled them after the regular challenges. Instead of having each tier give you 3,4, or 5 star mods, they should have had each tier give you 1 and 2 star mods with the higher tiers giving you more mods. This would have allowed greater customization of your team as you would have been given more opportunities to get the different mods with the different base damage.

3) Should have had their own energy. The problem with what they did, and it's still not too late to fix is that by requiring us to now use cantina energy to do our cantina battles, mod tables, and mod challenges they've essentially tripled the requirements for cantina energy while doing nothing to help us out. Considering how long it takes for your cantina energy to refill this is ridiculous. Everytime I do a battle it's a tradeoff against doing something else, and based on how overpowered the five star mods are, there's honestly no point in doing the mod tables. Just come in, sim three cantina battles for your daily challenges, and then sim the rest of your energy on five star health mod challenges for an OP lineup.

Basically, I'm really disappointed because this update could have been great. They ruined it by introducing overpowered 4 and 5* mods the same time the original update came out. When my somewhat decently modded team finds itself in a four vs one against a 70k health and protection Fives who shreds me cause he counters for 9-18k (depending on if I have speed down) I think that tells you that there is something desperately wrong with the balance in the game.

Replies

• Ezeziel
    184 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. Giving us mods up to 5* in challenges from the start was overkill. Not to mention the even higher we get from Raids.
    Not only should they've stopped at 1-2*, they should also have limited the mod slots to maybe 3 per toon from the start. And later on raised both and * level...
  • Options
    Ezeziel wrote: »
    I agree. Giving us mods up to 5* in challenges from the start was overkill. Not to mention the even higher we get from Raids.
    Not only should they've stopped at 1-2*, they should also have limited the mod slots to maybe 3 per toon from the start. And later on raised both and * level...

And I think they realized it, but unfortunately their solution is to make is even harder for people to get mods. I got maybe six mods off the challenges today despite blowing through a full refresh of crystals