Mod Rewards Bug (Multi-Sim Bug)

I multi-simmed 8 Tier III mod challenges trying to get MK V mods. Notice that while I received the expected 25% drop rate (thanks for that) what I DID NOT EXPECT was to receive a MK III mod (3* rarity) from an event that is intended to reward only 5* mods.

If I wanted a 3* mod, I would have saved 6 energy and ran a Tier I battle. So frustrating.

2E68EEA9-F907-477B-95CC-C9846E311033.png

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Working as intended. These drops have been "normalized." If you would like to experience fun, please insert credit card now.
  • Options
    If that's the case, can I expect a 5* mod from Tier 1, since there is a 6 energy savings? What's the point of having multiple tiers?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Zealotry wrote: »
    If that's the case, can I expect a 5* mod from Tier 1, since there is a 6 energy savings? What's the point of having multiple tiers?

I'd ask the devs that, but then they might just delete this post since asking logical questions is against the ToS and doesn't contribute to you spending money contributing to the game.
  • Options
    A guarantee with x amount of rolls would be nice.
  • Options
    WAI unfortunately. If you look at the possible rewards tab it shows it can award either a 3*, 4* or 5* mod. Tier 1 can give you a 1*, 2* or 3*. Pretty lame imo.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    That screenshot says it all. The nerfing was beyond extreme.
  • Options
    1 per 8 is actual rate now im afraid

8 batles
    50% drop (4)
    33% highest tier (1.333)

Working as intended.

Thank you for shopping with CG games and EA!
    Pleae come again
  • Options
    It's poorly thought out all the way around the board. With this new change there is no need for Tier 1 or 2 battle. I can get Mk1 or 2 mods from the Mod battles, and Mk3-5 from Tier 3, for 6 more energy. A ridiculous and redundant change. There was no issue with how it was before. I daresay that people would not complain as much about the cost to upgrade mods if the initial tier mk3,4,5 100% drop rate was still effective. But now they have handcuffed the majority of the player base with an update that invalidated two stages each challenge. Tier 1 and 2 have just become a cantina energy sink to get to Tier 3. At least before I was guarenteed a somewhat viable mod to but on a bench player.
  • Options
    As strong as these mods are they need to be even more rare lol. Nevermind rarity doesnt matter for whales
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • Options
    I use 3-4 sims at a time. Spent 320+ energy overall.. GOT ZERO MODS. This is beyond ridiculous.
  • Options
    and when one finally drops it's an E and one you already have a dozen of