Drops Rates and Pricing?

What about the drop rates and price of upgrading the mods ? Are you guys serious? You created another huge gap! Its unbelievable how you guys dont listen at all
Bad game management here

Replies

• Options
    UNBELIEVABLE @EA_Jesse
    Bad game management here
  • Options
    I'm a little **** that the t5mod drop rate is no longer 100%
  • Options
    I spent all my crystals just to go through the mod battles. when I should have just did Sims on t5 mod to get 100% t5 mods. thinking they'd always be available later. now I waste energy getting nothing.
  • Options
    Drop rates should be 100% and the cost back to what it was!! @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera , @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    Bad game management here
  • Options
    Worse, they've tinkered w/ normal drop rates in DarkSide/LightSide & Cantina battles. They've done it before w/ the May4th event & I'm hoping this is their balancer for the 2day double promo in Cantina last week.
  • Options
    Yea, and it wasnt addressed either..
    Bad game management here
  • Options
    They have not listened to the community at all. If they think that this weekend event will take away focus from the drop rates and leveling costs they are very very wrong.
  • Options
    Aegamin33 wrote: »
    They have not listened to the community at all. If they think that this weekend event will take away focus from the drop rates and leveling costs they are very very wrong.

Wait for the community update. They said the update would take two or so week. Its been one week and they are giving you free stuff in the mean time. Keep Calm and Carry On.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    thanks EA - your special event bonus has really hit home to me why i should NOT be spending any more energy or credits on mods.

i thought i would use the free 350k credits to see how much i could level up some existing mods, particularly given the promise of the special RNG 'bonus' upgrade boost.

in short, i just spent 370k to take 2 level 12 mods (health and critical chance) to level 15. this works out at about a 1% increase in health and a 2% increase in critical chance.

i got the bonus RNG upgrade boost a couple of times as well.

this just really highlights how much of a credit sink mods are, and how little return we can get from them.

this is made especially galling, considering the 'pre-craft 2.0' mods that most of my competitors have equipped their arena teams with.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    I am almost done with my mods just need to trow in another 2 million then trow 5-8 millions for jawas so that i can unliock crit dmg increaee then trow like 6 -9 million credits on those mods then its potency
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @Xenith easy - you just need to buy $2000 worth of crystals, convert to credits, and you're there!
  • Options
    Mods are the biggest gamble in the game for a slight increase in most cases. See the below. Let's say you need an arrow mod...

Well if you want a 5 dot arrow mod:

Gotta first get lucky to even get a mid to drop
    Hope the mod is the right shape
    Hope the mod is in fact 5 dot and not the possible 3 or 4 dot variety
    Hope the mod has the primary stat you want
    Hope the mod has decent secondary stats that you want

It is such a gamble. I wish players would boycott mods all together. Take them all off. Ignore them and just play as if they never existed.
  • Options
    What is the point of the Mod Battles? There is absolutely no reason to do them unless you are desperate for a certain shape for the set bonus. If you're competitive in arena and raids, you'll looking for T5 Mods, mmmaybe T4 Mods if it has good stats. T1 & T2 are garbage, might as well take the Mod Battles out of the game.
  • Options
    I won't be spending anymore until they fix the drop rate and change the energy source for mods.
  • Options
    This update is probably the final finger to those that aren't gone yet (truth be told, there are enough that somehow seem to not be bothered). I am very sad that the "issues" that were addressed in the failed fix are not even mentioned anymore, while real issues are just ignored. Haven't been disappointed like this by a game in my life.
  • Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    Mods are the biggest gamble in the game for a slight increase in most cases. See the below. Let's say you need an arrow mod...

Well if you want a 5 dot arrow mod:

Gotta first get lucky to even get a mid to drop
    Hope the mod is the right shape
    Hope the mod is in fact 5 dot and not the possible 3 or 4 dot variety
    Hope the mod has the primary stat you want
    Hope the mod has decent secondary stats that you want

It is such a gamble. I wish players would boycott mods all together. Take them all off. Ignore them and just play as if they never existed.

That would be amazing!
    Bad game management here
  • Options
    What is the point of the Mod Battles? There is absolutely no reason to do them unless you are desperate for a certain shape for the set bonus. If you're competitive in arena and raids, you'll looking for T5 Mods, mmmaybe T4 Mods if it has good stats. T1 & T2 are garbage, might as well take the Mod Battles out of the game.

Mod battles are useless. They should do something like make them use normal energy with a chance to get 1-5 rarity mods. The challenges can use cantina energy and have a chance to get 3-5 rarity mods. You can then choose.

In it's current state, mod battles are useless after being completed once.
  • Options
    Drop rates should not be changed. Quality of the drop should be changed. If a person is running tier 3 challenges they should, if they win the RNG lottery, receive a Mk5 mod not a Mk4 or Mk3. If drop rates were returned to 100% the challenges would quickly be finished by maxed players.
  • Options
    Griner_01 wrote: »
    Drop rates should not be changed. Quality of the drop should be changed. If a person is running tier 3 challenges they should, if they win the RNG lottery, receive a Mk5 mod not a Mk4 or Mk3. If drop rates were returned to 100% the challenges would quickly be finished by maxed players.

Although 100% drop sounds like fun, it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the game. The entire game is based on a chance that you will get zip. I probably agree that it shouldn't be 100% drop but they should increase the reward of getting a decent roll... especially in mod battles.
  • Z_Cavaricci
    660 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Except for the fact that in every other instance you are spending various kinds of credits to get exactly one thing, be it shards or gear. You know exactly what your spending your money on. With mods you are spending on random shape, random primary, and random minors.

Oh and a random star as well.